Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Warfare 1.1.x [ MattR N&S ]

Quote[/b] ]BF2 players might think it's a supply drop.

Well they will have to learn

Can the next release not be binarised some of us like to replace the US Marines with our own country's Troops.

Can the next release not be binarised some of us like to replace the US Marines with our own country's Troops.

i knw, i did that as i knew i was going to release another real soon. Tomorrow night to be exact.

Shucks.

Shucks.

lol yea the day Arma players accommodate for BF2 players is the day the Pope becomes an Islam.

Hey matt, how about an airlift script like back in RTS IV? biggrin_o.gif That worked out real well. Hover 10m above a target and check "airlift" and pow, its being towed! (Smaller units of course, no crazy Abrams, etc)

Hi Matt, Just played on your latest version and I am getting a lot of different error messages, not sure if this is just me because I have not had any problems with all your previous versions. What is scaler? is really weird where it says your funds it says scalar and you have unlimited cash to buy. Another problem i had after about 30 mins when pressing T for the menu nothing came up. btw love the size of this map and dont mind long drives etc, adds to realism

I get the "scalar" issue very often as well, playing by myself on LAN. It ruins the game for me because I can buy pretty much anything I want, and forces me to restart. I also get multiple error messages at the top of the screen.

I think this is due to lag, as when I restart my computer and run again, everything works fine.

So do you think the problem occours when playing on lan, cos i too was playing on lan when it happened I was just trying the latest version!

Not sure, when that happens switch slot.

Would of released by now but what was working in my editor is not working on the server ><

No!!  tounge2.gif

Edit: wait, what's this 1.1.5 Matt R version that I see in the server list? An impostor?! Guards!

Currentest* Version is always on the gol server as thats where i test them in MP. smile_o.gif

Mando hitch now works... but the last problem is this:

I can get these lines to work in my Editor and Hosted Game

Quote[/b] ]

if (_structure == "FlagCarrierWest") then { _defense addaction ["(Choose Parachute location)","AAHALO\x_paraj.sqf"]; };

if (_structure == "FlagCarrierNorth") then { _defense addaction ["(Choose Parachute location)","AAHALO\x_paraj.sqf"]; };

But when on a dedi server they just dont work.

here is the full script.

Quote[/b] ]

;Last modified 4/15/8

;*****************************************************************************************

;Description: Creates a stationary defense.

;*****************************************************************************************

_type = _this Select 0

_side = _this Select 1

_position = _this Select 2

_direction = _this Select 3

_commanderAI = _this Select 4

_structure = Call Compile Format ["%1DefenseNames Select _type",Str _side]

_modifiedDistance = Call Compile Format ["%1DefenseDistances Select _type",Str _side]

_modifiedDirection = Call Compile Format ["%1DefenseDirections Select _type",Str _side]

if (_commanderAI) then {_direction = _direction + _modifiedDirection};

_defense = _structure CreateVehicle _position

_defense SetDir _direction

[_defense,_position] Call CorrectObjectPosition

[_defense,_side] Call InitDefense

;//if (typeOf _defense == "FlagCarrierWest") then { _defense addaction ["(Choose Parachute location)","AAHALO\x_paraj.sqf"]; };

if (_structure == "FlagCarrierWest") then { _defense addaction ["(Choose Parachute location)","AAHALO\x_paraj.sqf"]; };

if (_structure == "FlagCarrierNorth") then { _defense addaction ["(Choose Parachute location)","AAHALO\x_paraj.sqf"]; };

;// Code thanks to Revellion

;//_flags = ["FlagCarrierWest","FlagCarrierNorth"];

;//if (_structure in _flags) then { _defense addaction ["(Parachute Cost 500)","AAHALO\x_paraj.sqf"]; };

if (_commanderAI) then {Call Compile Format ["last%1Defense = _defense",Str _side]};

;5/24/7 MM - Created file.

This new one's got view distance right? (Playing this 1.1.7 and there's no option, just wondering if your looking to put that in in the coming version).

This new one's got view distance right? (Playing this 1.1.7 and there's no option, just wondering if your looking to put that in in the coming version).

That doesnt matter as i have added fog to the mission so people who up there view to 6k plus with that addon can only see 2k anyways.. to stop people using an advantage over those who dont have PCs that can handle large view distances.

I can get these lines to work in my Editor and Hosted Game

Quote[/b] ]

Let me guess... the script gets only executed on the server ?!?

addAction is not a "global" command that gets broadcasted over the network.

You have to find another way to add actions on clients. One solution would be to send the object that will get the action with publicVariable and catch that variable with addPublicVariableEventhandler on clients and add it inside that eventhandler or add the action with setVehicleInit.

Xeno

Warfare 1.1.3 Final [ MattR N&S ] - 23 June 2008

Oki with the release of the new BIS 1.1 version i have decided to start over  smile_o.gif i have requested the old thead be locked as its now obsolete. This version comes with a New Name System which will help people keep track of which BIS version it is.

Warfare 1.1.3f MR NS 32 Players - 7z - Gol Clan

Warfare 1.1.3f MR NS 32 Players - Armaholic

Quote[/b] ]

Changes:

1.1.3 Changes

- Fixed Some Issues

- Added Rich Supply Mine

- Changed Some Config Setting Variables

- Added Auto-Balance Teams (Once a slot is selected you cant switch between teams)

- Tweaked Config Structures Prices (Twice)

- Tweaked Init CommonConstants

- Added ROMM_IA to Random Resistance

- Town Placement Tweaked (Thanks Shadow)

- Added SF/Spetznatz to player select menu.

- Removed Radar Block Temp

- Mando Hitch For Blackhawk and Mi17

- Tweaked Config Structures Prices

- Added HALO (Parajump anywhere) Flag in Corazol, Now it has to be fought for.

- Fixed some Fast Travel Placements

- Big Towns Now Have Hard Resistance

- Added Su* 2 for east airport

- Removed Blocked Radar

- Added Counter Measure [ Will block one missle but a second stright after will hit ]

1.1.2 Changes

- Added Buy Civil Cars from Town Depots

- Increased Set ViewDistance [ Kept the Set ViewDistance for Player Balance Purposes.]

- Tweaked the Init Varables

- Added More Starting Locations in the North

- Added 4 more towns to north than previous versions

- Random Racs Patrols In the Mountains

- Added Cool Effect When Bomb/Greande goes off next to you. [ Rommel ]

- Added Random Enviroment Sounds.

- Blocked [AH1z,KA50] Radar [ Mandoble ]

Quote[/b] ]

BIS Changes [1.1]

- Added respawn AI team option to Command Teams UI.

- Added Unflip vehicles option to Team Menu.

- Added Disband Unit option to Team Menu.

- Added Team Status to Team Menu.

- Fixed JIP bug where player did not see current status of captured depots and camps.

- Possible fix for end-game bug when packing MHQ.

- $9000 - KA50

- $8000 - AH1Z

- $2500 - M119/D30

- 2000 Supplies - Aircraft Factory

Oki i hope everyone likes this

i think my arma ID has been stolen. I joined a server and someone with the same name and id did too and all havok got rained down and we both got booted duplicate ids.  wink_o.gif So be wary. i will curretly only reside on the gol server

i think my arma ID has been stolen. I joined a server and someone with the same name and id did too and all havok got rained down and we both got booted duplicate ids.  wink_o.gif So be wary. i will curretly only reside on the gol server

Did you report it?

Mind you, who would you report it too?

Did you report it?  

Mind you, who would you report it too?

yeah sad_o.gif

The Fast Travel location in Ortego is not a good spot [soldiers get stuck in buildings, AI drivers get all confused]. The same goes for Bagango [not bad for soldiers but AI drivers get confused].

It seems the best Fast Travel locations are where you can just roar off in vehicles immediately.. without being boxed in... so anywhere in an open area on the outskirts of town seems best.

For example, Dolores has a great Fast Travel spot... has good access to the supply depot even.