Sign in to follow this  
hamis

Russian Voice Pack!

Hi,i found there is russian voicepack released at Flashpoint.ru.It is named RA Voice Conversion Mod 1.0.You must be registered to download,so maybe someone can host it?I downloaded it and it works.

I registered but I need to be validated.... if you downloaded it could you possibly upload the files to rapidshare or another hoster and post the link here?

I can, wait some minutes... wink_o.gif

Oh, it is not necessary already smile_o.gif

Thank you hamis notworthy.gif

And here is the ArmedAssault.info Mirror (packed as 7z only 16,8 MB now) :

http://www.armedassault.info/index.p....lang=en

Now if my russian would be better I could translate the readme ...

This addon is packed with 7-zip, a packer tool similar to Winrar. You can get it from HERE, but the files can also be extracted with Winrar.

there is hpp file in @RA/DTA folder where you change voices to russian or english.It has explanation in english,just open it and take a look. wink_o.gif

Is there any way to combine this with EVA and possibly make it independent of the modfolder's name?

I'd really like to add it to the list but so far there are too many compatibility issues.

Your add ons rock by the way, nikietha! Thanks again :-)

Making it independent is easy,just open RA.pbo/ru_voice.h and change all "ra" to whatever and rename addon to what you typed instead of "RA".

allways you can combine @ra by any ways but//

in @eva we are have a lot of words and variants of phrases than in standard bis' radioprotocol on which is based @ra or @whisper//

in result you will get considerably smaller amount of reports in russian than in english//

about make it independent of the modfolder's name - you can change modfolder name but you also should change "" #include "\change_@RA_to_you_modfolder_name\Dta\side.hpp" "" in ru_voice.h in ra.pbo

then - you choice))

---------------------

@eva already there was final version

Just to clarify something - is this addon only to change what the player hears if he's on Opfor?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, if I'm Blufor/civilian, will I hear Opfor AI speaking in russian ingame?

I have noticed that the blufor/racs also use russian language in maybe 50% of the time. Is there any way to fix this?

I see in the config that you use the "woman=1" variable to separate which side the unit is on, does this really work. I can´t find that variablename in original arma Cfgvehicles.hpp.

Why i ask is because im trying to make a swedish voicepack based on your config but i cant get it to work so that racs/blufor speaks only swedish and opfor still speaks english

Quote[/b] ]Why i ask is because im trying to make a swedish voicepack based on your config but i cant get it to work so that racs/blufor speaks only swedish and opfor still speaks english

Well,i think this is impossible due to random voice system which OFP didn't suffer from. sad_o.gif

to bad, but it seemes like bis had some thought of implementing this from the beginning with the femalevoices variable, but from what i understand that does not work now as there is no variable that defines if a soldier is male or female

if you can find a another way for enchenced this or somthing else for different voices its will be very interesting))

just try)

Loyalguard made a scripted solutions for the ACE MOD.

Basically you gather all west, east, res, civ units and apply custom

setIdentity (Russian, American, etc.) on them.

With this system you can make all units speak Russian, or just

east, or any combination you want.

Quote[/b] ]Loyalguard made a scripted solutions for the ACE MOD.

Basically you gather all west, east, res, civ units and apply custom

setIdentity (Russian, American, etc.) on them.

With this system you can make all units speak Russian, or just

east, or any combination you want.

Care to share?I could release it as addon if ACE won't do it. wink_o.gif

you need to ask Loyalguard that wink_o.gif