Sign in to follow this  
nikita320106

Extended Voice Addon 1.0.0

I know it's a bit late, but yesterday something bit me and I looked on EVA with the other eye. So I spotted, let's say, heard some issues...

Quote[/b] ]

Write:

Shit, 1 is down!

Hear:

Shit is down!

Quote[/b] ]

Write:

I'VE GOT HIM! or MAN IS HISTORY

Hear:

Man Dont fuck wit me buddy!

Man I've got him!

The first one I don't have to explain.

But the second: Please, remove MAN. It'd be awesome.

Quote[/b] ]

Write:

Shit, 1 is down!

Hear:

Shit is down!

I'm sorry, but I just had to have a good laugh at that one, lol. rofl.gif Thanks for making me smile today Vultar, much appreciated. biggrin_o.gif

Heya mate, sorry for dragging my ass on converting your great addon... I will get there, infact expect a pm about it soon!

Cheers notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Shit is down!

how can i forget this ?sad_o.gif

these cries are recorded in my ears forever  crazy_o.gif

/////

rofl.gif

so/ some long time, I have not played arma))

tried CM:SF and now i try make new "emotional and impressive" english_battle_chatter_mod))

another one "man daaaawn!!!" or pistols.gif "uuuunder fire!!!"))))) while  expect "marines" module//

if you fellas) take  attention to any improvement or upgrading or any  conversions my "old good"/may be)/ but loved EVA) i say for you "100 thousand thanx" and give any help and permissions)

any support will be guaranteed/ welcome.gif

Did anybody to get this work correctly with SLX?

This is little bit late by now, but anyways:

This isn't fully MP compatible after all, there has been some issues with other players when I was using the addon. Something like: "Box popped up and had to press OK"-type stuff. Don't remember the details though.

ok, but this was not my question.

My problem is that it simply doesn't work with SLX mod. I tried also with deleted SLX_ArmAVoices.pbo, but still have the default ArmA radio messages.

Nikieta can you clarify?

Or did anybody else find a solution for it?

mmmmmh....

what hapen whith slx&eva?

some clearer problem's description???

----

hmmmm... maybe i'm shall  reinstall arma later and check it//

@nikita

It simply doesn't work. When SLX is on, the normal ArmA voices and radio messages are coming.

@nikieta

what I would have to need from EVA to just replace the radio cuts and radio noise but leave all the talk as is?

@nikita

I think you didn't understand me right.

I asked what to do to get the radio noise and the mic out sounds over the ArmA default. So what I mean is:

I want to keep the radio messages like in default ArmA, but I want to change the radio noise and the mic outs.

o)

sorry my bad engliz)

so/ i don't remember all corectlly but try this))

-----

if you don't play MP you can just replase files "over1.wss", "over2.wss", "over3.wss", "beep.wss" and "radionoise.wss" in original voice.pbo/static

------

or can create you oun addon

with  yours *.ogg or *.wss format files with radio sound

put in "/static" folder in "you_addon_name.pbo"

then make you oun config with something like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgVoice

{

// .......................

micOuts[] = {"micOut1", "micOut2", "micOut3"};

preview = "ISayAgain";

class Words {

micOut[] = {"static\Mic_Out1"};

micOut1[] = {"static\over1"};

micOut2[] = {"static\over2"};

micOut3[] = {"static\over3"};

loop[] = {"static\radionoise1"};

beepBeep[] = {"static\beep"};

//....................................

};

};

and pack all together in one "you_addon_name.pbo"

------------------------------------------

whistle.gif

if not will work

try unpack eva_core and take a look into voice.h

Ok I finally got it working with the suggestion of replacing the files in the original voice.pbo.

the problem why EVA is not working wit SLX is simple.

SLX has in its main config class cfgvoice already defined. However SLX does not change any radionoise or micouts. But SLX doesn't allow another addon. I made an addon as you explained above, but it doesn't work with SLX, even when it's loaded after SLX.

So for the time being I am very happy with the solution I made. For MP I can simply replace the modified voice.pbo with the original one. But I get sick when hearing the beep-beep at the and of all radio comms.

Thank you for your help!

I tested @EVAwithout SLX and it sound good. But I have this error:

Fuelstation/ is not an array

This happens i.e. when playing the sanitizing operation mission

Any idea how to fix this error?

try to look into eva_core.pbo for voice.h

and search for this line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fuelstation = {"objects\fuelstation"};

and changhe to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">  fuelstation[] = {"objects\fuelstation"};

im check it later and try to make something)

Ok I finally got it working with the suggestion of replacing the files in the original voice.pbo.

the problem why EVA is not working wit SLX is simple.

SLX has in its main config class cfgvoice already defined. However SLX does not change any radionoise or micouts. But SLX doesn't allow another addon. I made an addon as you explained above, but it doesn't work with SLX, even when it's loaded after SLX.

So for the time being I am very happy with the solution I made. For MP I can simply replace the modified voice.pbo with the original one. But I get sick when hearing the beep-beep at the and of all radio comms.

Thank you for your help!

Kroky,

You able to share your modifed files please mate so that they are compatible with SLX?

Cheers

[TAO] Kremator

yes) you can

eva give you some squad_radio variants then DSAi give you some more nonradio friend's talkinng)

just try)

Not sure if this is a problem or a feature but I can't hear anything anyone says except for my character, if the AI for example relates a targets location, I see the subtitle information but all I hear is static then the mic out. Any ideas??

*EDIT* Never mind I got it working, I had to mess with my character's voice options a bit then it started working as intended.