Sign in to follow this  
Cosmonaut

Where's Everyone Gone?

I haven't played in a little while and all of my favorite servers don't show up anymore.

Do I need to get the Queens Gambit expansion pack? .. or is this sim just not as popular as it use to be? I hope the reason I can't see as many online players, as I used to, is becasue I don't have QG yet but before I order it I thought I'd ask here first.

Thx

what arma version are you playing? latest version is 1.12

Is that 1.12 Official? I'm running 1.08 and I've checked the ArmA latest download page and it still looks like 1.08 is the latest version. But on the general forum I see a thread for 1.12.. It's a little confusing with all the beta patches running around but I guess I need 1.12. thumbs-up.gif

I believe there are three beta patches, 1.09, 1.11 and 1.12. 1.09 and 1.12 being the two popular patches, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yours,

At this time the community is spread amung the differnt patches which are out there such as 1.08 and 1.09 and 1.12

(even other patches ealier than that :P)

etc

my personal suggestion is to keep with the times and update to beta patch 1.12 smile_o.gif

heres the link to arma holics patch download page

1.12 patch here

OK guys many thanks.. notworthy.gif I'll download 1.12 and see how it goes.

most servers are still 1.08. 1.12 is buggy, especially the texture laoding is horrible.

My server runs fine on 1.12 and all the sl players love it and the von

The severs I was looking for were running 1.12 but they weren't showing up until I turned off that Battleye anti cheat software.

Personally I don't think it's a great idea to divide the community with different versions but at least you can still play 1.08 so its no big deal.

=- @ May 02 2008,17:17)]most servers are still 1.08. 1.12 is buggy, especially the texture laoding is horrible.

These seems to be specific problems with specific configurations.

Here also server full of happy and enjoying v1.12beta players smile_o.gif

I wouldn't want to play 1.08 anymore. 1.12 is much much much better