Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

...I hope we will see an update for this great mod. (and I hope it will be with increased FPS wink_o.gif )

Here, here Bob I agree with you on this. Unofficially speaking I believe there will be an update release for better compatibility with the 1.14 patch in the fall (if not sooner), I have been following this mods' progress since the ArmA patch update.

Solus, I've been looking at creating my own dismemberment system but, after checking out your scripts, I figure you'd be able to do a better job of it and in a fraction of the time it'd take me to do it.

Rather than having units explode into gibs, have maybe 5 to 10 different models that are missing various limbs, with each having a section of script that defines which dismembered limbs have to be spawned per model. From there, script it so that it randomly chooses between these when a unit is dismembered.

Have them look all bloody and burnt and it'll look passable for any unit, regardless of skin color, if they are custom units etc..

Quote[/b] ]I'm running nothing but SLX and SLX Vehicles. I have 2.4GHz C2D, 8800GTS, and 2GB RAM. It only slows down and crashes during a firefight.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with your system, it's the same as mine except I have my E6600 o/c'd at 3.6 and I have 2 8800 Ultra's in SLI. It's wierd that it crashes all the time for you... hmm. Would you say it crashes exactly after a certain amount of time playing? I take it you're machine is only freezing up using SLX in ArmA and not other games correct?

is it normal to have SLA squad leaders/team leaders firing red tracers? i looked in the configs and it's all fine. i even disable tracer for team leaders, but they still firing tracers

any idea why? or is it on my end only?

Officers have tracer ammo.

BLUFOR's tracers are green, OPFOR's red.

How do you work the radio? I made a test map where I was the gunner of a tank over a click away from the main battle. A few minutes later, I suddenly get an a order to attack something we can't even see. We then head for the battle to get a better look. The radio seems to work for the AI, but I don't know how to use it.

Officers have tracer ammo.

BLUFOR's tracers are green, OPFOR's red.

isn't it suppose to be the other way around? the reason i ask is because SLA machine gunner using PK is firing green tracers but the squad leaders and team leaders firing red tracers. I only ran SLX mod. but if i ran it with SIX tracer mod, everything works okey... all OPFOR guns firing green tracers.

Im loving the SLX pack and it has brought to new life to Arma for me but is there a way to use RHS HIND's with it? I keep getting an error saying something of the sort slx/config/bin/cantfind80mmrocket/ which I know is directly related to that addon. I tried putting my normal addon folder before the SLX one when loading to no avail. Help please smile_o.gif

I was working on making all SLX stuff into addons and removing the main config entirely, it's partially done but has some bugs and should be possible to straighten them all out when I have time to work on it. I've been busy lately though so whenever I have time then things will get done and I'll be able to start releasing SLX addon parts. Sorry for the delay!

I was working on making all SLX stuff into addons and removing the main config entirely, it's partially done but has some bugs and should be possible to straighten them all out when I have time to work on it. I've been busy lately though so whenever I have time then things will get done and I'll be able to start releasing SLX addon parts. Sorry for the delay!

I'd love to see the weapon animations released as a stand alone addon.

Solus, this is such an amazing piece of work that I say take your time!

Putting it into parts mustn't be easy but it will be done when it's done !

Regards

[TAO] Kremator

Hey Solus, glad to hear that you are still hard at work on this. I hope you are able to extract the AI scripts for us, I can use them to occupy buildings in my Warfare mod.

It looks like the linux server crash bug is fixed so I will try to release it soon, and the SLX weapon replacement addon is already separate and working so I will release it too.

CrazyAce: The building garrison script is in SLX_GL3.pbo and should not be too hard to separate and use in a mission, make sure to search through and find any dependencies for other files though, it might need the SLX find cover function so you might also have to take the SLX_FindCover addon and move the parts into your mission. You might be able to remove the need for the find cover parts depending on how you are going to use the garrison script.

hi all,

I watched and read this thead for an while, and everytime i get curious in this addon, but when i read the replies is see an lot of error etc.

I have an deticated server where i play online with my GF inlove.gif i have the ECS mod installed with ArmaEffects,JTD smoke, Six_pack1,EVA and HiFi_1,5.

and we play "EVOLUTION" on the server, so my question is: is it worth to install this addon or not ?

wink_o.gif

Undoubtedly worth it. ArmA's a much better game with it. And I use all the same AddOns/Mods you listed plus some so it work well with 'em.

I'm not sure exactly how well it works in MP just due to lack of experience but I know he just released a fix a while back that included a few MP fixes.

Overall I gotta say this Mod is well worth it bottom-line.

Ok, i installed it on my client and my server to test it out and for now it works  thumbs-up.gif  but damm what an addon  notworthy.gif

thumbs-up.gif

I'm getting a few errors about the config whenever I try to play with SLX.

One of them being "No Entry '@SLX\bin\config.cpp/cfgweapons/M4AIM.selectionFireAnim"

Another "No Entry '@SLX\bin\config.cpp/cfgweapons/FakeWeapon.DisplayName"

Any help for this? I can't play with the mod - these errors show up whenever i try to start a mission.

Solus, is there a way to remove the smoke effects from SLX? Everything else I dearly enjoy, but the smoke just drags my system to a crawl. Not saying it doesnt look great, I just cant handle it system wise.

Is that feasible for me to do?

I was getting irritated by low performance of SLX edited models and today I've cooked them up a bit:

SLX Vehicles 1.1A - ODOL version (binarized, dedicated for playing) 22.8 MB

SLX Vehicles 1.1A - MLOD version (ready for binarization, for addonmakers - Red 153D!!!wink_o.gif 10.3 MB

The way I used to do the thing:

- unpack needed PBOs (air, ca, tracked, weapons, wheeled) to P:\CA\ directory

- for each LOD and each model: select all, cut, delete empty selections, paste

- create model.cfg from parts of SLX_Veh_C config

Both contain Mr Groch's damper and my clan logo fix (not tested yet).

The new thing is increased mass for UAZ's, so they shouldn't fly so easily in collisions with tanks.

EDIT: deleted empty LODs I created to fix clan logos on some models xD please redownload if You have the very first version.

Best regards,

zGuba

Quick question, I'd like to use some of the features in SLX but also use other mods, specifically True Ai, Six Suppression Ai. FFAM sound mod and True Gamplay.

How would I go about setting this up to work with SLX?

Quick question, I'd like to use some of the features in SLX but also use other mods, specifically True Ai, Six Suppression Ai. FFAM sound mod and True Gamplay.

How would I go about setting this up to work with SLX?

They all work just fine with SLX. I use all of those plus a whole lot more. Just set them up as you would any Mod/AddOns, preferably using the Mod folder method instead of throwing everything in the main AddOns folder.

I have a folder called @SIX for the Sickboy stuff, then one named @TM for the TrueMods stuff and finally @FFAMM.

Finally here's my target line in the shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=DBE1;@SLX;@Units;@CrioMod;@DVF;@AE;@JTD;@SIX;@HWM;@CWM;@UI;@TM;@VFAI;@TUM;@OFrP;@XEH -nosplash

Notice I put @SLX before everything else, except the QG folder. I'm not sure if the target line is the ideal setup but it seems to work very well. No problems, except the occasional low FPS from all the damn stuff I use.

Hopefully this provides some insight for you.