Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

The only problem i have with SLX is that sometimes a unit will get stuck and start having a standing fit. I dont know whats goin on.

My thoughts about the mod:

- The "bin" area should be untouched, most of it's changes can be stored in addon configs. [f. e. SLX vehicle tracer impact effect]...

- all mod's nonscripted special effects should be optional and storied in single PBO.

- I suggest splitting ModWeapons into weapon model replacement and weapon & ammo config.

- ShotEffects into Tracers, VehicleEffects (cmdrgun) and SmokeEffects smile_o.gif

- vehicle effects should behave more 1.14 way (smaller secondary explosions) and allow the player to use 3rd party fire/smoke effects.

- other mod's features such like FOV should be optional.

- bullets indirectHit... i hate the way it hurts me every time i hit the near rock's hitbox and my hands get hurt! Couldn't indirecthitranges be smaller?

- The animation config can be stored in SLX_Anims smile_o.gif

Currently I can't play without SLX mod!  smile_o.gif

is there any way to grab SLX satchel effect , and put it in ECS ?

hello sirs,

firstly thanks for a job well done.

now, i have a question if anyone tried using AI controlled choppers. with SLX on, they just wont land properly, they always crash.

2nd question: how do i turn off that "up goes the aim when sb is hit" i couldnt even find the variable controlling the up-down angle of aim. i know it may seem very real to some, but i still feel like im shooting ducks. ( boom -- "quack", boom -- "quack" ... you catch my drift?).

3rd question: is there a way to turn on only the group link feature? because that script set is pure gold, the rest (smoke/dust effects,all that dragging wounded, mighty skintanium armor of blufor, the list goes on...) im desperately trying to turn off. or if there is any else AI enhance mod that lets one squad know what happens around the corner and makes em fight a little better.

tanks a load.

I've only just got round to trying this and I'm getting an error when trying to install.

"ERROR: ..\Addons\ca.pbo not found!"

Any ideas? confused_o.gif

Thanks in advance.

Its funny, I removed all .pbo with part 'Anim' but SLX animations were still working... I give up ;p

Is there any way to get the crossair back?

I like to play with it sad_o.gif

The cross-hair is discussed in previous pages, but I can't remember the exact pages.

Just an update:

I still haven't seen an error message since the very first time I started SLX using v1.14. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I must have been dreaming about ever seeing those 2 error messages. biggrin_o.gif

Its funny, I removed all .pbo with part 'Anim' but SLX animations were still working... I give up ;p

Their config is stored in @SLX\bin\config.cpp wink_o.gif

The cross-hair is discussed in previous pages, but I can't remember the exact pages.

Just an update:

I still haven't seen an error message since the very first time I started SLX using v1.14. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I must have been dreaming about ever seeing those 2 error messages. biggrin_o.gif

Do you have the bin folder?

Because I do keep getting this error confused_o.gif

@archsceptic: this is when you press the .bat file wright? not ingame? Create a folder in your ArmA root and call it 'beta' in there make a folder called 'addons' and in there place the ca.pbo located in your 'ArmA/Addons' folder, the same goes for the weapons.pbo file if you want to use the costum muzzle flashes

@Hadudy: My AI always land the chopper properly, try it on ramadi island on some flat area, if it still happens then check if you have some other add-ons, if not please report this in the

SLX BUGTRACKER

About aim and stuff, please report this in the bugtracker as well

And about GL3, you should be able to use the slx_gl3.pbo without any other addons... it only requires the Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo , I'm not sure what is and what isn't included in only GL3 but you should have some smarter AI than vanilla.

@gl33k: not sure about being able to put something IN ECS, that's for that mod team to answer but if you check in the pbo's you'll probably find something you can copy into a seperate addon smile_o.gif

@zGuba: thanks for your thoughts on this smile_o.gif I'll be sure to post them to Solus when able.

@ckolonko: what do you mean?

Hello, i have a urgent question, why cant i drag other players in servers on multiplayer. If i host i can drag people. If my buddy hosts (who has it to) i cant drag people. I cant drag AI or players

all the players i try to drag have SLX, is there some kind of extra mod or something thats supposed to be enabled?

Hello, i have a urgent question, why cant i drag other players in servers on multiplayer. If i host i can drag people. If my buddy hosts (who has it to) i cant drag people. I cant drag AI or players

all the players i try to drag have SLX, is there some kind of extra mod or something thats supposed to be enabled?

Its like the original group where squadmates cant enter vehicles without command only if your squad leader can tell you to do it. If your a leader then you can enter any vehicle. If your a lone soldier then you should be able to drag any one.

Me too I would re-add the crossair ingame.

How to do it?

How to do it?

i don't want to sound like an ass, but you guys should read the whole thread before posting any questions.

How to do it?

i don't want to sound like an ass, but you guys should read the whole thread before posting any questions.

i've not found it confused_o.gif

Use the "print topic" link to view the topic completely, that way you can easily search (ctrl + f) for "aim" or "cross" and find this:

Quote[/b] ]Posted by: Kremator on May 06 2008,21:59

I found the 'missing' aiming dot !

First un-pbo    slx_modweapons_c.pbo

Find the section

---------------------CODE SAMPLE-------------------

class Rifle : RifleCore {

// SLX ADD : Access.

//// access=1;

autoFire = true;

reloadAction = "ManActReloadMagazine";

//soundContinuous = 0;

optics = false;

scope = protected;

**// cursor = "RifleCursor";

**// cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\w_weapon_S";

// SLX MOD : No crosshairs.

&& cursor="\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";

&& cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";

value = 4;

//displayName = $STR_DN_RIFLE;

nameSound = "rifle";

//reloadTime = 0.15;

//modelOptics = "-";

//sound[] = {""};

//drysound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\M16_cock_v1", 0.000316228, 1};

// //reloadsound[] = {"", 1, 1};

---------------------CODE SAMPLE-------------------

REMOVE the **//

COMMENT IN the && with //

Now re-pbo the file eh voila !  SLX mod WITH aiming !

Enjoy.

[TAO] Kremator

EDIT  If you want the MG to have the aim dot then look for MGunCore and do the same thing as above.

biggrin_o.gif

im getting a error about m4 anims sad_o.gif now i cant load the game anymore with slx on anyone else ?

im getting a error about m4 anims sad_o.gif now i cant load the game anymore with slx on anyone else ?

Do you have tsn_lr.pbo( Land Rover Defender 110 AddOns) in the main AddOns folder or a Mod folder by any chance? If you do, you need to DL it again. The original release on May 16th gave a similar error when playing with SLX. TheSun released a fixed version a few days later that solved the problem.

Here's a link for it:

http://www.eprison.de/files/144/3989

If you never DL'd this AddOn then I'm afraid I can't offer any other suggestions.

Hopefully this solves your problem.

Can anyone tell me how to renable the aimpoints for the helicopters? It's either SLX or SLX vehicles which has removed them (as well as the tab lock thingy, but I'm less bothered about that) but I can't find it in the configs.

Makes any sort of accurate fire impossible for me.

Do you have tsn_lr.pbo( Land Rover Defender 110 AddOns) in the main AddOns folder or a Mod folder by any chance? If you do, you need to DL it again. The original release on May 16th gave a similar error when playing with SLX. TheSun released a fixed version a few days later that solved the problem.

Here's a link for it:

If you never DL'd this AddOn then I'm afraid I can't offer any other suggestions.

dude thanks a bunch ! its working again

In response to the question. Sometimes when a unit reaches an objective the unit will get stuck. This mostly happens on the road surfaces of arma and sometimes when a unit exits a vehicle, The unit will just stand on the spot and shake from side to side. This happens often with the commander of the unit.

Here's a link for it:

dude thanks a bunch ! its working again

It's my pleasure. It's good to hear you got SLX working.

In response to the question. Sometimes when a unit reaches an objective the unit will get stuck. This mostly happens on the road surfaces of arma and sometimes when a unit exits a vehicle, The unit will just stand on the spot and shake from side to side. This happens often with the commander of the unit.

I will try to recreate this, but in the year i've tested it I've never seen this, so would you please record the steps you take and the shaking and stuff.

And check the .rpt if it maybe reports something about this event

And thanks to anyone helping the others in this thread smile_o.gif

That happened to me with other units than the commander, and vanilla ArmA on the "warfare map". So it must not be related to any mod.