Sign in to follow this  
rygugu

US M60A3 NATO camo Release

I agree with wipman to a sertant degree.. the chevron really sucks. But on the other hand you could put it on as a selection that can be hidden whistle.gif

Hmm, I still reckon both the flag and chevron should be on there, it breaks continuity if they aren't, and I hate breaking continuity. But a hiddenselection thingy would probably work OK, as long as the selections aren't mapped for separate textures (thus causing increased section counts).

I think that if you're doing a unit for an army, which is fictional or real, you should do whatever you can to make your unit sit comfortably in the regs of that army. I think that some kind of chevron or stripe and the flag is essential. I don't think that you're limited to exactly what is on the m113, tho. There are other RACS vehicles that have stripes and such to gather reference from, also vehicles of other armies that have a similar paint scheme that adapt certain design elements to different vehicles in different ways. For instance, I can see a diagonal strip down the side of the turret, higher at the back than the front, would make a chevron like design even if the lines do not meet.

well the sabre is not most advance patton The most advance patton is the M60 2000 which is a patton with new armor "possbile chobium @ all the goodies of the abrams. like the M1 transmisson stabilzers @ turrent Plus 120mm smothbore gun. with m1s FCS system.

M60-2000.jpg

ALso heres the wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60-2000_Main_Battle_Tank

.maybe the patton 2000 should be  a addon hehe something for the Royals probbely

biggrin_o.gif

Hey ! I like how this tank looks ingame. With a RACS paintscheme and a correct config, it's already in the order of battle for South Sahrani Royal Army Corps !

Regarding the chevron, I'm for diagonal stripes on the side of the turret. Some Italian tanks during WW2 used these as company/platoon recognition, as your enemy is usually in front of you and your buddies beside you.

Thanks ! It can replace Törni's M60, which was good, but far from this one, as it was just a port from OFP.

Malick

Regarding the M60 2000, I should mention that it is in service with the Jordanian military under the name Pheonix. Earlier versions were just upgunned and had ERA with the latest version being the M60-2000 version. If anyone makes it, my mod (The Lost Brothers) could definitely use it and we would start working on Jordanian infantry and other addons immediately. But right now we lack anyone to help us port stuff from OFP and/or make new addons. Likewise for our old Israeli M60 (Magach 6, 7A, and 7C) variants that we had in OFP.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hmm well maybe just RIP off the turrent from the BIs abrams and slap it on the pattons haul add some armor plates BAM m60 2000 oh ya and change the armor properties

LOL! That's one option. hehehe...the turret is slightly different shaped...but probably could be modified a bit to look like the M60-2000 turret. side plates are faily simple...probably can rip those of the Abrams as well and just adjust their size to fit.

I might actually try that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

are you sure they are different? they look fairly identical to me.

abrams_m1a2.jpg

M60-2000.jpg

I copied the url of the above image for a side by side comparison. If I could resize the images the be the same size I would.

@plaintiff1

M1 got 7 roadwheels

M60-2000 got 6

Lights are placed diffrent, front hull is diffrent, fron armour on the trackbox is diffrent, middle of the hull under the turret is diffrent whistle.gif

they look simular yes but not the same.

nener.gif

@plaintiff1

M1 got 7 roadwheels

M60-2000 got 6

Lights are placed diffrent, front hull is diffrent, fron armour on the trackbox is diffrent, middle of the hull under the turret is diffrent whistle.gif

they look simular yes but not the same.

nener.gif

You bastard. Haha.

Just because forum sarcasm is very vague, I'm going to take you dead seriously and overly elaborate my point:

I'm talking about the turret only.

I was under the impression that there was a suggestion to rip the turret off of the BIS abrams and put it on the m60 hull. There was some concern that the m60 2000 turret was different than the abrams turret, if I read correctly. I was simply comparing the turrets, illustrating that the turrets seem identicle.

Why? He should chose what he wants to make, not us.

Sakura, that's the latest Leapord tank....no relation to the M60 tank.  

As for the M60 2000 yeah you guys are right...the turret does seem to be identical. Ripping the BIS M1A1 turret would be easy as well as modifying the side skirts. However getting the textures to match would not be easy..and I think the top and side of the hull (where the engine is and above the sideskirts) seems to have been modified...could be tricky to get accurate.    But if people don't mind slight inaccuracies, it should be easy to do aside from the texture issue.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

maybe if mateck allows the commuinity. to whoever dose a patton 2000 addon. maybe use his abrams turrent since its more realistic

I personally just like the plain old vanilla M60 for RACs. The 2000 is probably outs their price range.

Lamar

ahem IF Im a bloody oil rich country lIKE SAHRANI i be like..ILL BUY 10000 but since sahrani is small it be more like 50 For the ELITE royal guard @ the regular army just gets reg pattons with armor packets. why the patton 2000 is kept for the elite royal tank corps..

well heres the back view of the 2000 click on the link. this should show what they did to the rear of the patton to compusaite for the abrams turrent.

http://www.patton-mania.com/M60_Patton/M60_the_real_thing/m60-2000.jpg

@ just a small suggetion to ryuger maybe ya can make ya pattons a little dirty or with some of those slap on reactive armor kits give em a messy look since there a old tank

kinda like this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped....n-2.jpg

Ah crap...the Jordanian version is a little different....made with assistance from GE, but not quite the same as the M60-2000.  

sad_o.gif

Phoenix_M60_KADDB_Jordan_Sofex_2004_01.jpg

CALM down my friend calm down Just becuse the jordians made the sexy babe into a TROJAN DISASTEER dosent mean all hope is lost

isnt that jsut the Abrams turret underneath a chobham package?....

Like the boxes the Israeilis put on the Merkava turrets

What's with the middle-eastern countries getting American technology? I thought we were trying to limit the selling of our stuff (even the old things) to potentially future hostile nations.

BTW, lol @ the Trojan Disaster comment

arma_20080510_12561820.jpg

arma_20080510_12585817.jpg

Hi V1.2 Release smile_o.gif

US_M60A3V1.2.zip

- It was corrected that the track sank on ground.

- RCAS ver added.

- The part where the model was detailed was corrected.

And.....For ADDON maker

BDS_M60_Solid_tex.zip

This is a texture of solid color.

It is include as for the vector data of the UV map.

whistle.gif

My M60 plan is completed by this. It will keep maintaining the bug in the future. However, a new model will not be added.

wink_o.gif

I want to leave the variation of M60 to other ADDON Maker. A new target is necessary for me, and the next plan of me is decided.

If excellent ADDON Maker needs the MLOD model, I will give it. However, I hope to use MLOD to make the thing that being possible to do is good. xmas_o.gif

Regards,

Ryogugu(@@)