Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Al Amiriya

I like the contempt you used.

Though i consider them more then extra. These should be added by the mission maker, not in vanilla map.

Thanks for opening my mind to the ladder.. i was looking for it, but didn't thought much about it.

I feared to add the ladder because i couldn't used it in the object "leseni4x" (the paint platform). Ill try once more.

Important Update

I would like to inform that Al Amiriya will no longer be a 512x512 map. Instead i intend to make it 1024x1024 size map.

I decided this because with time i have learn how to make the hole map run faster and more fluid. (remember this was my 1st try out as a map)

Also the sat image from version 512x512 didn't match the respective houses and i intend to correct the issue that was destroying my inspiration.

Therefor a new Sat_image will be recreated from scratch. A new and similar map will be recreated, hopefully with more detail and more realism. Things done might be ported to the new 1024x1024 version and soon ill continue with Al Amiriya.

Ps- Sorry for the "bad" news but in the end i believe it will be the right choice and I hope people understand my choice.

Yeah, cool mate, bigger is better, despite the time taken. As a fellow "occasionally-make-stuff-guy," I respect that decision. Good luck and godspeed.

Top work you did wow_o.gif . Like the pics - the terrain enables so many possibilities for mission makers. 3 thumbs up thumbs-up.gif

Very cool. wink_o.gif

Btw, you could try experimenting with adding some tiny amounts of noise and use the smart sharpen tool in PS to "fake" detail. If done moderately you can enhance the some features on the satmap.

Using minuscule amounts of noise on the heightmap in some areas can also be nice for providing a bit more cover friendly terrain in the barren areas.

This is a great map. Could be the Schmalfelden of the desert. Cant wait to see the who enchilada.

Simply stunning mate - I'm a huge fan!

Please keep up the great work! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Very cool stuff Bravo 6. Looks absolutely amazing mate.

Btw, you could try experimenting with adding some tiny amounts of noise and use the smart sharpen tool in PS to "fake" detail. If done moderately you can enhance the some features on the satmap.

Using minuscule amounts of noise on the heightmap in some areas can also be nice for providing a bit more cover friendly terrain in the barren areas.

yes, i want to add some noise around the dense textures to create a better and natural effect.

The problem is that i can't find any noise tool brush that creates an 100% hardness without fading, to do what i pretend.

Do i need to do pixel by pixel with the pencil? Is there a way to do it as a group?

note: I don't want to pass those 4 texture per square.

thanks, all critics, suggestions and help are appreciated smile_o.gif

yes, i want to add some noise around the dense textures to create a better and natural effect.

The problem is that i can't find any noise tool brush that creates an 100% hardness without fading, to do what i pretend.

Do i need to do pixel by pixel with the pencil? Is there a way to do it as a group?

note: I don't want to pass those 4 texture per square.

thanks, all critics, suggestions and help are appreciated smile_o.gif

Make a duplicate layer then add noise/grain, now you can erase the parts you want to keep unedited. If you take a look at the height map for Applegate and compare it to the unedited one you can probably spot the areas with distortion. Working in layers is very clever because you never commit yourself any to any action done.

@Barry the baldy: all i can say it that if the terrain use ACE objects/models you have no other option then wait for the ACE stuff.

@Opteryx: Don't know if i understood exactly what you meant; im using one layer for each texture that i use for the terrain.

Heres a small part of my mask with some "noise" for grass texture, is this what you mean?

Amiriya_Layers01_s.jpg

1024x768

edit: From the start i wanted to create this terrain and tried to find and use proper Iraqi models/objects do give a more realistic feeling.

This terrain was built and meant to be a part of an Iraq Environment Theme. After a while IMWM came up with some Iraqi models that would possible give what i wanted to add on this terrain.

So if the terrain contains IMWM objects and models i believe Al Amiriya will be a part of IMWM.

We all know by now that IMWM and ACE have merged so make your conclusions.

Yeah uh don't use those models, I will explain later why...

@Barry the baldy: all i can say it that if the terrain use ACE objects/models you have no other option then wait for the ACE stuff.

@Opteryx: Don't know if i understood exactly what you meant; im using one layer for each texture that i use for the terrain.

Heres a small part of my mask with some "noise" for grass texture, is this what you mean?

Amiriya_Layers01_s.jpg

1024x768

edit: From the start i wanted to create this terrain and tried to find and use proper Iraqi models/objects do give a more realistic feeling.

This terrain was built and meant to be a part of an Iraq Environment Theme. After a while IMWM came up with some Iraqi models that would possible give what i wanted to add on this terrain.

So if the terrain contains IMWM objects and models i believe Al Amiriya will be a part of IMWM.

We all know by now that IMWM and ACE have merged so make your conclusions.

Don't use IMWM or Ace Objects otherwise it will be a long time until you get to start this project again mate!

Use Sakakah Al Jawf objects if you want.. also Scars Iraq Signs are great!

Don't use IMWM or Ace Objects otherwise it will be a long time until you get to start this project again mate!

Use Sakakah Al Jawf objects if you want.. also Scars Iraq Signs are great!

Um, pardon me, but what are you talking about? What Sakakah objects? There's like only one custom model on that map.

I must say this project has not stoped, I have been working on it every day. Like i said before theres still a lot to do and placing objects on the terrain is not one of them.

At the moment in using BIS original models and in the future i hope to replace some for the extra models to make it more natural.

But still the original ones are working pretty fine smile_o.gif

Yup, Sakakah has only one extra object (meh_sak) and i would need for its permission from the author before i add it in Al Amiriya. Its how things work around here.

edit2:

Pictures of one of the small villas near the small rivers (testing pics)

Amiriya_bc10_s.jpgAmiriya_bc12_s.jpgAmiriya_bc13_s.jpg

1024x768 1024x768 1024x768

Great pics, make sure those river crossings are wide enough (for dumb AI) tounge2.gif

Great pics, make sure those river crossings are wide enough (for dumb AI) tounge2.gif

you mean this?

Amiriya_bc14_s.jpgAmiriya_bc15_s.jpg

1024x768 1024x768

Vehicles will have a path to cross these rivers, as you can see in the back side near the hummers, but vehicles can cross the water because these small rivers will have 1m deep and they will not be damaged nor people/Ais if cross the water. Of course if they cross the river crawling they/we will drawn.

edit: added more pic