Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Al Amiriya

could you add walls to the roof tops for cover?

Like i said.. i will leave as it is in the pics..(the hole idea of this is to give access to most roof tops) what you asked should be up to the mission maker. They can use sandbags, or other and better addons (models) that will eventually exist in the future.

Imagine that in a certain mission there was not suppose to be "those" walls that you ask.. and in that case it would be impossible to remove them for the purpose and could ruin the mission idea. By keeping this option open gives more possibilities, more ideas to the mission itself, don't you agree?

I must confess, has a mission maker, its very tempting to do what you ask, but i need to think other options as well.

Good job Bravo6!

Is there any particular building/construction model that would like to have in your island? Post a pic if you have something in mind and maybe i can give it a try. The buildings p3d's and textures goes in the same final pbo of the island right?

@ April 19 2008,21:51)]Good job Bravo6!

Is there any particular building/construction model that would like to have in your island? Post a pic if you have something in mind and maybe i can give it a try. The buildings p3d's and textures goes in the same final pbo of the island right?

blackjack biggrin_o.gif

to be honest, i really don't know.. because i didn't think in one yet. I have just watched some WIP iraqi models and thought i could use them.

While i was writing this post and building the map i thought of those bugged platforms i've been using for the roof top access..

if you notice in the pics they look ok from above but from the bottom they are invisible and have no texture.

When we cross those platforms we may stop and start to bump in the midle. Do you think this is a pathetic request?

(please give me some time to think about, and if i find one ill let you know)

Any suggestion is welcome, after all this map is for the great community we have.

About the p3d's and textures, i don't know for sure (I'm too green) but i think i would need to create a "ca" folder in the Amiriya for that model and textures. No idea how big can a model be (megabits)

ps- really thanks for your kind gesture smile_o.gif

can you try to make the platforms look like 2 wooden planks or something like that, the way they look now they seem a little to big. :-)

can you try to make the platforms look like 2 wooden planks or something like that, the way they look now they seem a little to big. :-)

So far i used 2 different kind of "platforms", you can see them both in the pic. The biggest assure you that you don't fall to the ground when crossing it. Thats why i used it. The smallest and the darkest (thin) is not much trusty.. I have felt when crossing. (still need to rethink about this issue)

There are only 3 plank models in ArmA vanilla and all 3 are too big or strange to be used for this case.. even if i change their size.. because 2 models are not alone (pack of 6 on top each other) .. and the one alone has a strange shape and would not be a good option.

I would like to use a wood board like those you can see in the bottom pic, but there is none in ArmA.

Amiriya13_s.jpg

1600x1200

What model do you suggest?

Here you can see some models of ArmA:

Another Problem:

When i add the palletc and palletd object/models (original models) in Visitor3 i get this error, does anyone know why?

(its the little wood model to my right in the ingame pic)

Amiriya14_s.jpg

1600x1200

edit: i need something like this but with the wood only and a rotation to be flat in the ground.

plot_woodb.jpg

Don't worry about the missing black texture, it's only a problem in Buldozer, not in game. I have the same problem. I've copied over the missing data into V3 but it hasn't solved the problem.

ha ok, hope so.. i just don't want people to get any error message when load the map. If you assure me this i will use the model smile_o.gif

There should be some 3d modeller that can help you with the plank problem. I dont have any experience in 3d modelling with the bis tools, so I cant help you.

This island is going to be great! :-) I really like all the ground details that you get with the satalite images!

so far i got this.. but its not doing its job yet, but it will.

plot_test01_s.jpgplot_test02_s.jpg

1600x1200 1600x1200

Zipole is helping me with this model. Ill give news about it as soon as i can ..

a little update:

Amiriya16_s.jpg

1600x1200

we will be able to cross roof to roof without falling.

edit: <s>the platform will be optimized and improved.</s> (maybe again)

Amiriya17_s.jpgAmiriya18_s.jpg

1600x1200 1600x1200

At last i can proceed with the map. These platforms issues were bugging me...

@NeZz_DK hope this helps to fill your wishes, if someone is not happy with the results please post your ideas and suggestions.

That is looking really sweet, glad to see you past your fix, nothing worse than a small issue like that dragging the entire thing to a halt. Linking rooftops, makes this an MP must have.

I like the fact your having the lagoon/river, brings more ways to attack (mando missile and Special Ops boat landings etc spring to mind). Also breaks up that "never ending desert" feel too.

PS - Even though the bridge crossing AI has been (sort of) fixed ... make sure that bridge is nice and wide wink_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Great work.

Guest Ti0n3r

Nice idea, linking together the rooftops smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif about the bridge..

...atm its "nice and wide" like you said..

..but i fear its too big and long, its like a long freaking highway...

though i have some ideas in my head to break this monotony.. not sure if they will work fine.

Amiriya19_s.jpg

1600x1200

Crossing the bridge by foot, fast speed and none stop took that poor guy 2 mins and 10 sec.

Ill take more pics of it when its more "Not monotony".

edit: I would like opinions about these, is it too extreme?

Amiriya21_s.jpgAmiriya22_s.jpg

1600x1200 1600x1200

LOL ... I think a large bridge wont hurt. Be cool if the bridge had side steps going down every other section that lead to mid sections at the base(s) of the bridge on the water that were linked (more MP style though).

I dont think those are OTT btw, lets face it you could use them for missions where enemy have erected them for sniping positions and expected assaults etc (much like tunnels being created for quick position movement etc). Doesn't seem like a wrong idea to have allot of them linked up.

Either that or you have two map versions, one with them all linked, and one without (?).

Agreed, they look fine. Maybe the mission maker can sand bag up there real good and make a bunker like in some of them videos out there where they are getting incoming fire from other buildings and such. Could be quite fun. biggrin_o.gif

I thought about the bridge style for a while...

The used bridge is more similar to the one that exists in real life..

I might change to the other model with more space because with the other model planes/choppers/boats can pass beneath, and in this one i think not all can.

I have to rethink about the bridge..

About versions.. if there exist 2 versions in future will be one without QG and other with QG.

The roofs will be connected. (not all are connected though tounge2.gif )

Looking fantastic bravo 6!

The use of scaffolding etc looks very cool.

I would like to add. I like the roof system idea but don't over do it. It seems like every roof has a connector to it :P

Like i said, not all roofs are connected by the platform. And not all roofs are connected.

Though there will be a lot that will be connected.

As a mission maker i believe it is important to have as most as possible connected. I'm sure it will not ruin the future missions... it will in other hand help the playability and possibilities for better mission ideas .

I like the idea, only one question: what happens when one building collapses?

I like the idea, only one question: what happens when one building collapses?

Unfortunately the platforms stay on the air floating, like the rest of the extra objects.

Theres nothing i can do about it.. is there?

unless someone have a good idea to solve the issue/bug in visitor3.

ELSE

edit:

Place a gamelogic close to the object you want have destroyed, give a unique name like "obj1234".

In a trigger (or script) use this command:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">position obj1234 nearestObject 1234 setDamage 1

In above example 1234 is the ObjectID you want to have destroyed.

edit2: heres the link to solve the issue: object ID setdamage

I'm not sure but i think i can't do it in visitor3.. must be in editor mission. (by mission maker)

edit3: Even if it doesn't work with some objects as i just tried.. ,ie, the platforms just do 180 degrees turn and do not disappear .. you can use the command delete them instead wink_o.gif