Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

AI Suppressive Fire Reactive

easy guys))

let's wait even first reliase pbo_version))

i think its idea very simply// just add another count_check like this

:(don't look at syntax - me sorry)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_bullet = nearobject ["bulletcore", 100]

_shell = nearobject ["shellcore", 100]

_rocket = nearobject [ "rocketcore", 100]

_danger = nearobject ["tank", "apc", 500]

_to_cover_check = (count _bullet) +

+(count _rocket)*5

+(count _shell)*10

+(count _danger)*20

o)yes, i know, i need read wiki more, and script (all this) simply by myself

Ok I've finally got my PC up and running and work on an updated version, It does incorporate ideas such as Nikita has mentioned but the Tank idea is a new one, and I'll give that a look.

I'll have it updated within next week hopefully, bit busy this weekend. wink_o.gif

I have a mission setup using DAC2, i'll be giving this a good try, sounds great, thanks smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif .

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_Events_Unit_S = [

[],

[],

[],

[],

[],

["[_group] call ROMM_fMorale"]

];

Works like a charm, best after build up because units when reduced don't run the script.

smile_o.gif

Well.. i was about to say i tried the demo mission and got a bunch of script errors, was the script tested huh.gif .

I think it would be safer to supress the a.i. in the example mission manning the turret of a M113..

What ARMA version you running? Just tested and re-tested for good measure, no errors, you mean this version of the script:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum....ch=2545

Regarding death by Ai shooting you, it may be safer, however the enemy do shoot back normally. tounge2.gif

Question, because of my english is not the best:

I use DAC2.0.

This is what I do:

(Config Events)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> _Events_Unit_S = [

[],

[],

[],

[],

[],

["[_group] call ROMM_fMorale"]

];

Did I also need to "start" it via Init.sqf like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ROMM_fMorale = compile preprocessFile "ROMM_fMorale.sqf";

[group] call ROMM_fMorale;

Or is it enough to "start" via DAC's Eventfile?

(The same Question in German: Muss ich die Init.sqf benutzen oder reicht der Eintrag in der DAC Eventfile aus?)

What ARMA version you running? Just tested and re-tested for good measure, no errors, you mean this version of the script:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum....ch=2545

Regarding death by Ai shooting you, it may be safer, however the enemy do shoot back normally. tounge2.gif

Ok, my fault (used old version of script).

I'll try 108 then smile_o.gif .

edit:

I just tried it and it seems to work nicely, combined with DAC2 this makes the a.i. very interesting inlove.gif .

How does this work with SLX and DAC?

I'm currently looking into it, there appears to be a a few "jumps" in the code, which I have not found yet, I'll be updating it soon.

Quote[/b] ]

ROMM_fMorale = compile preprocessFile "ROMM_fMorale.sqf";

Yes sorry mate, forgot to mention that. Make sure its compiled like so (above).

Expect a 110v soon lads, I've already made the AI react a lot better, and I'm working on the performance issues.

Tested mainly with 1.14, I don't try the older versions now... whistle.gif

Can you please tell me how I exactly use your Script with DAC? I tried everything, but I can't see any changes in AI's behaviour.

I get no error messages, but I also can't see any effect.

Still holding out on 110 guys, been multiplayer testing all night, the Ai return suppressive fire is... absolutely... insane. smile_o.gif

I love it, my mates love it, and hopefully, when its optimized and fixed a little bit more (some random emergent behavior needs eradicating), you'll all love it too.

Not long off now. thumbs-up.gif