Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

Hifi Sound FX V1.00 Released

Would anyone recommend this over FDF Soundpack?

I would; the guns sound excelent, its just that I got 2 problems with v1.4. 1 is the breathing is way too loud I can hear an enemy running out of breath at least a good 300 – 400 meters away. Second is when flying a chopper like the MH’s; the engine sound cut out when I fire the mini gun. Other than that this is a fantastic mod addition.

Now I did several tests with my sound XFI card including the ingame audio effects and nothing works to prevent these 2 items from happening, so I figured its gotta be how mark edited these sounds.

@Mark what program are you using to modify these sounds? I use Sony Sound Forge my sound effects when I modified BF2.

hey, to answer the above..

Quote[/b] ]breathing is way too loud I can hear an enemy running out of breath at least a good 300 – 400 meters away

Yep, I know, I f***ed up, lol, It's all been fixed for 1.5, trust me, its cheatproofed...

Quote[/b] ]when flying a chopper like the MH’s; the engine sound cut out when I fire the mini gun

ahh yeah, I can reduce the volumes of the miniguns in both the config and sound sample...but, This is the arma sound dampening thingy kicking in..still editing the volumes can't hurt..so we'll see how it pans out

Quote[/b] ]Would anyone recommend this over FDF Soundpack?

hehehe, your asking that on my thread....mate welcome to HIFI...It doesn't get better than this...besides, at least you'll be getting a choice with my next update, at the moment you either use someone elses mod or fall back to an earlier version..with what I've got waiting around the corner your gonna have trouble deciding which one to use...Ok OK, thats just my opinion but you'll be seeing & hearing it very soon so you can decide for yourselves....

Best Regards

Mark XIII

I can say with confidence I recommend this sound mod whole-heartedly--more so with the release of 1.5. I've downloaded and tried every single sound modification released to date and I have to say Mark has put a LOT of passion behind his work and it really shines forth in each release/update.

I mean no disrespect to the other guys out there, I love the diversity and mass content that appeals to everyone's varied tastes and may on occasion load up a different one just for the heck of trying something different. But Mark's work makes my ears orgasm when that firefight starts up. So with total confidence--Yes....yes...YES...oh dear god yesssssss!!!

*looks around and notices everyone staring at him*

Er, um.....moving right along quickly....

download and use Mark's sound mod, man. you won't be disappointed. tounge2.gif

Yep.....I paid him ^^

hehehe just kidding, well If your reading this I say check back here in an in half an hour, there could be something worth watching...well...there WILL BE something worth watching.

Best Regards

Mark XIII

hifiwarfare.jpg

Ok guys, check this out and tell me what you think..?

Hifi Warfare Promo 1

Created By, Zipper5 of the IC:ArmA Clan

http://www.vimeo.com/1304684

Massive thanks to Zipper5 for his great work, the guy's a gem notworthy.gif

Ok, enjoy

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Sick man, I love it. With great composition, abundance sound environment and the story to go with it just awesome.

Quote[/b] ]when flying a chopper like the MH’s; the engine sound cut out when I fire the mini gun

ahh yeah, I can reduce the volumes of the miniguns in both the config and sound sample...but, This is the arma sound dampening thingy kicking in..still editing the volumes can't hurt..so we'll see how it pans out

I was going to think that it would be the sounds of the engines being to loud...

Really a great Video, and I'm looking forward to the next release of my favorite sound mod.

I'm just guessing from OFP mission editing experience but maybe your sound mod triggers the sound dampening that much because you're putting so much effort into a custom config.

The dB value will probably be used to determine the sound emitting range AND the dampening value together and BIS will have adjusted the dampening system to their own sound config/files only.

Anyway I think that a repeating (temporary) deafness is common for a war zone and your config dB values could be more fitting for a realistic dampening effect, too.

Though I like to remember the good old OFP times without synthetic dampening. Every now and then I did play with Dynamic Range Sound Mod at an almost realistic volume and what sounded breathtaking in the first minutes caused a real temporary deafness and subliminally hearing soon. After a while the only thing I've noticed constantly in long battles then, was the realistic but uncomfortable high peak of every single rifle shot. The nicer sound highlights like engines and explosions, which I was really waiting for, were going under in the constant battle noise scenery.  xmas_o.gif At last you were just hoping that the battle would be over soon, and that there would be silence.

....maybe this weekend mate. I'm at work right now and shall be all week, but I'll have a few evenings, so if I can get some playtesting done and finish up editing afew sounds/config tweaks this week then..maybe this weekend.

LOL, don't hold me to that though....

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Judging by the video I thought the vehicles sound a bit too loud. Could be a problem with X-Fi sound cards with SVM enabled. But weapon sounds in the end.. pistols.gif can't wait!

Judging by the video I thought the vehicles sound a bit too loud. Could be a problem with X-Fi sound cards with SVM enabled.

Ahhh... I wonder if that’s my problem with the choppers being too loud in 1.4?

Ok guys,

The good.

I'm going to turn afew things down in the config, mg's & such, maybe this will help with the sound dampening effect.. if it doesn't work, it doesn't work...thats it, I'm a sound editor not a config expert.

The Bad.

Also, I've changed the volumes & edited the vehical sounds, probly like 3 times since the vids been done, and will probly change them numerous times before release....telling me stuff loud in the video is just...well, its over critical. It doesn't help me, or you, coz I'm STILL working on it. Now, after its released, well, say what you like then....

Hehehe, no doubt I'll have people telling me the (insert generic rifle name) is too loud, quiet, wrong, unrealistic an blah, blah, blah. for those people... I say this:

I'm putting my heart, soul & considerable time into this, if you don't like it, unlucky for you  biggrin_o.gif

Right then, with that all said. I'm sorry for people who have issues with 1.4... I could have spent more time working on it, but if I'd have done that, Hifi 1.5 would be a LONG way off and Hifi Warfare, well, it wouldn't even exist....An I believe, among the 'few' people that have the chance to playtest it so far..It's worth it  wink_o.gif

Best Regards

The Ugly.

Mark XIII

I think you did a good job with this sound pack, so thanks for it.

I love the explosion sounds in the new vid very nice, the short firefight bit at the end sounds impressive too. Like you say passing judgment on a video isn't the best, even videos can make everything seem too loud anyway.

One thing, will you still have the same sound in 1.5 for the grenade launch effect (the sound of incoming grenade)? Im not a fan of that at all ... have you pretty much done alot of overhauling with 1.5 then?

Well yea Mark either way I (and I know others) are looking forward to your 1.5 release.

Best of luck bud.

i dont get it...wats the diffrence of warfare and the normal hifi version?

HiFi 1.5 Warfare will be something like "HiFiFX for Close Quarters Battle areas" version (best used in cities) wink_o.gif

It will be changeable by an alternative config file smile_o.gif

HiFi 1.5 Warfare will be something like "HiFiFX for Close Quarters Battle areas" version (best used in cities) wink_o.gif

It will be changeable by an alternative config file smile_o.gif

What.. is there two different versions? Why so?

^^Thanks..

HiFi Warfare was devoloped after & during lots of testing for 1.4/1.5 (whilst playing online, using the Warfare gamemode). It stems from the idea that you'll be hear lots and lots of infantry battles playing warfare, as you have to get out of your vehicals to capture bases, these bases are in towns..I wanted to make something that focus more on these close quarter fights, so I thought if I made the weapons distinct enough for easier recognition..it would help the gameplay. Also I added different sounds to all fire modes (auto/burst/semi), not totally different obviously...mainly trailoff's and some releasing gas sounds (hehehe), but it adds to the atmosphere....especially when using the new six pack 3 (thanks Sickboy! ). Also, I focused on making the sounds for most smallarms shorter in timeframe.. All the Assault Rifle's last...1.3 seconds, only the sniper rifles & larger calibre weapons retain their larger trailoffs. This was done for one particular reason. in warfare, there are vast amounts of ai on a good server, having lots and lots of long & loud sounds flying around is gonna sound messy, and trigger the arma crappy (non-editable) sound dampening sooner than later..

So HiFi Warfare is a more infantry based sound mod...The thing is, you can use it for anything, not just warfare, thats just the name I gave it for the above reasons.

Hope that expands on the concept alittle..

Thanks Cole!

Ok now I had some question I think

Quote[/b] ]will you still have the same sound in 1.5 for the grenade launch effect (the sound of incoming grenade)?

Well, all I ask is you be alittle more specific mate, do you mean the grenade throw sound, or maybe m203, or maybe the Mk19.. or have I got wrong completely..lol..Put it too me another way an I'll do my best to answer.

the next one I can answer!

Quote[/b] ]you pretty much done alot of overhauling with 1.5 then?

Yep, lots of stuff changed, I went through all the folders, I've also tweaked the sonic cracks, which I think I said I never would....lol.

Left some stuff alone though too, mostly some crew served stuff & some smallarms, but when I say left, I should say optimised..or maybe tweaked...I have a problem, I can't leave anything alone...I'm a musician at heart, so these sounds are like little songs to me I guess, and most songwriters would agree..its very hard to actually feel something is finished.

Ok, hope that helps ya..

While, I'm here I'll share my latest update. I've added A-10 gau8 hit sounds (or explosions). before they were shared with the harrier in the config, so I went out and made me some up..I think you'll like em...Just don't get too close.

Ok see you guys soon.

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Just wondering how to install this mod? There's no @hifi anywhere in the downloaded file.

Heya mate, which version you got ?

I downloaded 1.4 from armaholic.

Lepardi don't be so confused about @ sign try it out this is not an NSA intruder. Or maybe... who knows?  biggrin_o.gif

Looking forward to close combat HiFi Sound. Lets hope this will sound good even at distances up to 500m.