Thank you again for the links, they will be useful for sure.

I'm thinking to model a Straight Flush based on an Ural chassis... What do you think?

Meanwhile watch this little dwarf and this giant put together for size comparison smile_o.gif

sa-5_Gammon_2.jpg

The Gammon is missing just the Engine back starter and it's done. smile_o.gif

Cheers, GH.

The Gammon is missing just the Engine back starter and it's done. smile_o.gif

Cheers, GH.

Then it goes to coding?

Its "safe" ingame because:

Quote[/b] ]The missile's minimum range of 60 km is due to the booster burn time and jettison requirements....max speed: Mach 4, effective altitude: 30km, effective range 300km...

Hmmm i thought only S-200 Vega systems were made for export but hell if some guys have the money... wink_o.gif

I have read somewhere that maybe the minimum range was mistaken with a similar missile developed in the same time and later aborted, and it could probably be 7 km instead of 60.

Anyway nobody stop us to make a playable version with custom settings, so it could be used as a deadly treath ingame instead of a dumb objective for spec ops wink_o.gif

Cheers, GH.

I have read somewhere that maybe the minimum range was mistaken with a similar missile developed in the same time and later aborted, and it could probably be 7 km instead of 60.

Anyway nobody stop us to make a playable version with custom settings, so it could be used as a deadly treath ingame instead of a dumb objective for spec ops wink_o.gif

Cheers, GH.

i read that somewhere as well i agree with you that you might as well customise the missile so its range is whatever you want no point in having a missile that is only there to be destroyed

You could make a Lite version for just engaging whatever and a realistic range one? just an idea

I know it would be a very difficult project to make but I guess a "2S6 Tunguska" (aka SA-19) would be a great thing to have!

2x30-mm-GSh-30K cannons plus 8 SA-19 missiles in 2 quad missile launchers.

That would be something you want to avoid at any cost as an airman! crazy_o.gif

2S6-1.jpg

Maybe worth a future project? whistle.gif

And to make your life as an aviator even more miserable you can have pretty much the same weapon system mounted on a truck, called an "SA-22 Pantsir"

350px-IMG_2077_pantsir-s1.jpg

High-tech anti-aircraft system on a highly mobile chassis? Sounds like the funny days are over...

Hi,

Really nice SAM, sincerly. smile_o.gif

I think the best choice is realistic and and adapted version. We dont know what kind of map people will create in the future and maybe your SAM could be use later in ARMA 2. Anyway do what you think is the best for your great addon!  wink_o.gif

Again, great work!

Good day,

-Soviet-

S-200 is more an long range SAM and work together with some command/EWR vehicles. Don't stop working on it and of course not on that S-75/SA-2 and maybe its replacement those S-300 variants. smile_o.gif

Hey Godhammer, it looks damn sexy but one thing thats bugging me about the launcher...do you have it correctly shaded with sharp and smooth faces in the last image as you have with the missile itself?

Thak you all again for comments, criticism and advices, I really apreciate them all to make a good work.

I am still working on shadows and edges, so no worry if the baby looks weird in some pictures, I'm just trying to find the best color selection for it, keeping the model close to the real one. Actually I am working on the green of the launcher to find one that matches the real model.

I was also thinking about a radar system to put together with this Sam, actually I was considering Straigth Flush because she's damn sexy, unfortunately that radar's associated to Sa-6 Gainful and not to my Gammon.

Seems that I have to model one of those 80's weird looking radars lol smile_o.gif

Anyway, first comes the creation of LODS ( maybe 4 of them, because model is not so heavy ) and a very very good and accurate selection of scripts for it.

I'll do another research about limits of engagement ( found another voice claiming it to be 17 km..) and decide about it. Probably I'll choose to decrease the minimum engage distance but decrease the missile hit capacity at the same time, to simulate the impossibility of the Gammon to do an accurate manouvering while boosters are still pushing it to reach a maximum speed of Mach 4.

It was created to engage and destroy aircraft such the Valkirye or Blackbird at very far distances, but it may also be used against Awacs and similar slow planes.

And consider that many updates were done concerning maneuverability and radar's capabilities.

Anyway its speed, dimensions ( the baby's 10,72 m in lenght and launch weight is 7100 kg ), possibility to bring a tactical 25 KT nuclear or a 217 kg HE conventional warhead, make me want to give my Gammon a real killing power.

Else it would be just an annoying dumb object to attach C4 to.

I'll see what I can do, any concrete help is really apreciate smile_o.gif

Cheers, thank you all again, GH.

Well SA-5 Gammon had its roots in a scrapped ABM missile programme. Good work for sure smile_o.gif , will you be releasing MLOD's as well ?. #1 Fan of you're work.

very good work thumbs-up.gif i wouldn't like to be in the place of the poor pilot when he sees that super mega missile coming right in front of his face

ok ...

is one fat missile wow_o.gif

make it work like that in game and its a winner ... like another guy posted earlier .. this will make you fly real low wink_o.gif

Seems boosters jettison really soon, in the movie.

I love its ROOOOOOARRRR ehehehehe, would be really nice making a similar one for my model ( anyone wish to help whistle.gif ??).

Model is finished, now working on LODS.

Cheers, GH smile_o.gif

Very promising project. One possible suggestion: good smoke trail for the missile. Kind of like in the movie "Behind enemy lines" when F-18 was chased by the AA missile, the smoke trail looked very good. Also, is it possible in ARMA to make the missile re-aquire targets if it misses?

With regard to the SA-19...

Whats the turn rate on that thing? I know it looks ugly but if it weighs over 6,000lb and its doing mach 4 I just don't see it out maneuvering a harrier or an A-10 flying at 30m. If you are dumb enough to get hit by it you will regret it though. It has a 500lb warhead (or a nuke whistle.gif )

I think a brdm mounted sa-9 would be more suitable for the type of targets but I cant wait to blow some AI helicopters with that thing!

A smoke trail is nice. But i have yet to see a REAL missile actually have that much manuverability let alone burn time on the rocket motor........

Then again i am the guy that likes to buils fictional launchers... whistle.gif

Actually you could fire Gammon against slower targets as formations of troops-transporting helos ( consider the real missile's killing zone is about 75 m....) or big slow-manouvering aircrafts ( I've spot some addons in the past ).

Else, do not worry, we'll cover every range, I have a good collection of SA-3 pictures waiting for attention ... wink_o.gif

Also, I almost finished a textured model of a Side Net radar, to add some realism to my Sam site smile_o.gif

Stay tuned for coming soon pics wink_o.gif

What do you mean with " smoke trail" ? huh.gif

Smoke trail is the thick smoke behind the missile while it is taking off. Once the boosters separate, the smoke tail (or trail) gets much smaller (just like that video from youtube). In Arma most of the missiles don't have good-looking smoke trails, just some smoke, but nothing realistic. Was just wondering if you plan to increase the amount of smoke on the SA-5 to look like a real thing.

@ Bospor: I'd like to make it as close to reality as possible. If I ever will understand how, I will make trail smoke and jettisoning boosters as well. Radar is almost complete, would be nice making the SA disable while the Side Net radar is destroyed wink_o.gif So spec ops can choose their objective, radar or missile or both. A SA-5 SAM site is usually formed by 6 launchers, a couple of radars and a power generator plus command postation. Making it all would be really close to reality. Let me work on it a bit more boys wink_o.gif

Cheers, GH.

Nice stuff! ArmA has been lacking this for too long now.

Just took another look at your Sa-5. It looks like it has exactly the same launch pad as Sa-2. If that is correct, just changing to another, smaller Sa-2 missile, you get a new addon, which in my opinion is a little bit more appropriate for Sahrani. If you already started looking at Sa-3 system as a next addon, please consider adding just one missile from Sa-3 to this launch pad of Sa-5, and you get a 3rd addon!

Btw, how is the progress coming along?