Sign in to follow this  
igor drukov

Metal Claws

<span style='color:red'>NEW VERSION OUT (FINAL) May 22nd

See below for details.</span>

Hey all -

An infantry platoon from Sahrani's Royal Army has been caught in a surprise attack of Paraiso, and the closest Abrams Platoon is stationed at least half an hour away...

You are a member of an elite intelligence airborne unit, and have volunteered to jump over the town to provide them with assistance until the M1A1s arrive.

mc_0.jpg

[*]Downloads

Current version: FINAL (May 22nd)

Works under <span style='color:red'>1.14</span>.

<ul>[*] Links to the mission:

<ul>[*]==>Download Mission (FINAL) <==

[*] Metal Claws Co-08 on ArmAholic (Courtesy of Big)

[*]Key-Features

<ul>

[*] norrin's revive script;

[*] ManDay's HALO script;

[*] Mandoble's Air-Support Console;

[*] Full briefing and plot, and surprises, and tactical choices, and different endings;

[*] Freedom!

[*]Credits

<ul>

[*] BIS for their great simulator.

[*] norrin for his revive script;

[*] ManDay for his HALO set of scripts;

[*] Mandoble for his Air-Support Console;

[*] Beta-Tester: Ricky D.

[*]Known bugs

[*] Sometimes the init scripts don't load up properly at the beginning. In which case, simply restart the mission.

[*] This mission is quite CPU intensive but it works fine on regular gear (e.g. a rented server). Not selecting the "Wrecks" options and disabling the fire scripts at the beginning will increase FPS.

The file contains a full Read Me for further information.

I hope you'll enjoy the fight!

Regards,

Igor.

[edit]

<span style='color:red'>NEW VERSION OUT (FINAL) May, 5th</span>

The new version (FINAL) has been uploaded: ==> v2.0 <==.

From the updated ReadMe:

Quote[/b] ]CHANGE LOG

----------

FINAL

* (fixed) units stop respawning after the tanks' arrival ;

* (fixed) messages of diasbled BMPs appear ;

* (change) island changed to Southern Sahrani

* (change) playable units are now Marines

NOTE: ADDON VERSION REMOVED

looking forward to this one...black sword was a legend...:)

does it need 1.12 or it can play in 1.08 as well?

hehe now we know what you have been doing smile_o.gif

Hopefully we can try your new masterpiece tonight Igor!

Merci mon ami!

Thanks a lot for your interest gentlemen.

I originally made this mission for "casual" play: you come back from work tired and angry, and you feel like venting out your pent-up emotions on a few AI targets. Insertion is short, and you're straight into the mix.

Careful, though, it's really intense and uncompromising. I really do hope I won't be the only to love it...

Regards,

Igor.

P.S.: a new, longer, more "intellectual", mission will also be released soon.

ohh this seems intresting, im hoping to get 1 or two of my classmates into playing arma a bit more regularly after class hours biggrin_o.gif im working in a team project and my team is the only one where our lead is way off course whistle.gifpistols.giftounge2.gif

yeah i think i fit the profile needed to play this mission biggrin_o.gif

I can only - once again - acknowledge your genius, Igor.

An action-packed, fast-paced, adrenaline pumping mission designing feat, that's what those Metal Claws are !

For those of you who still need a reason for downloadig it, imagine dropping from the skies inmidst of a raging inferno.

5 seconds later, you hit ground... and the shit hits the fan.

Enemies everywhere - and you have to fight for bare survival. Urban style.

As for completing the objectives, as usual with Igor's missions - don't even think about it if you're not at least 2 or 3 Coop-minded players. And even then, you will probably feel VERY happy by the time you reach the 1st primary objective : localizing the AT crate and getting geared up to blow some Shilkas up.

But this mission is a huge fun... and exactly as you intended it, Igor, i find myself more than often jumping in for a quick shootout right after coming back from work.

Last thing : those 6th Sense weapons are amazing. The lethality of the M14 CMore, for instance, is something i'm still contemplating with the utmost awe.

Well done, mate - and can't wait to clear that town by your side... pistols.gif

Cool mission.

Just don't like to have M4 ACOG AND M249 at the same time. Those scripts do some strange things. We testet the No-Addon version.

We run it at our server and it's kind of strange. Weapon loadout and behavior.

But that maybe because of some addons we use. @Mapfact, @ECL, DBE1 and beta (1.12). Well, like I said, if you choose the spot of MG, you get the M249 and the M4ACOG. When you run around with your M249 you can shoot HE grenades and even have ACOG scope on your M249, just press "F" and "V".

But this may be just our server, I don't know.

But I really like the mission, I just have 2 small things to ask for.

1) Could we be dropped at a little higher altitude? So we could manage to steer the chute a little? I died a lot when trying to control the chute. 800 - 1200 meters instead of 500.

2) Take a little look at the scripts, so the missions isen't such a server-killer. There are some dumb AI when the server has too much to do. Even when you play without "Fire" and "Wrecks"

I do have to say it pretty intense gaming and you need your friends to even try it out. But I would love to have 12 of my friends try this on out....

Keep the good work coming...( please?! )

Best retard NoBrainer

Gentlemen, thank you very very much for your interest in such brutal and uncompromising gameplay.

@NoBrainer

I've taken all your wise requests into consideration. I hadn't noticed the weapons bug you mentioned. It's not caused by your server, but definitely by an oversight of mine: I had forgotten to RemoveAllWeapons the soldiers. Thanks again, even though running around with an M249 throwing M203s was ACE  biggrin_o.gif

The new version 1.0c has been uploaded: ==> v1.0c <==.

From the updated ReadMe:

Quote[/b] ]CHANGE LOG

----------

v1.0c

* (change) HALO height raised by 300m.;

* (change) One AI group removed;

* (change) Coop now for 8 players, not 4;

* (fix) RemoveAllWeapons added in the soldiers' init line.

NOTE: ADDON VERSION UNCHANGED IN v1.0c

Thanks again, and good luck,

Igor.

Thanks Mr Drukov.

I will test out your mission and see if it's even better than the first one.

Best retard NoBrainer

For the NoAddon version 1.0c I have some issues...

First of all it seems like Revive does something to it. I died some times when starting the mission, due to "no players alive".

Second, AI spawns everywhere and always. So when you have cleared a little section, suddenly AI spawns in this area. It's ok if AI moves into the area but it's not that ok if AI spawns there.

Else it looks great...

Thx for your missions Igor Drukov. I support NoBrainer in the fact that there is to much AI spawning close to where you are.

Ok if AI spawn in "cleared" area, but you could pretend they reoccupied the area, if they spawn farther 100 or 200 meters away from the players.

When using the @spect addon you also can observe that the AI spawn inside houses, and then are coming out from the walls. This can be seen in game without the addon also. Ok if they spawn inside houses, but maybe not to obvious from houses without doors. The combination out from houses, then 5 meters in back of you is frustrating. crazy_o.gif

Else keep the good missions coming smile_o.gif

@ NoBrainer and Batstat

Gentlemen, thanks a lot for your interest and your feedback. Your claims about the spawning are really legitimate, now do I endorse them, I don't know tounge2.gif

I wanted to simulate total chaos, a rioting town where nowhere is safe... And also whose buildings are "used" by the AI... It'd probaly be a safe bet to say I may have overdone it a tiny wee tad  icon_rolleyes.gif.

For players to be able to secure areas is feasible. Implementing it will take me on a longer trip with this mission than originally planned... But hey, let's do it!

NoBrainer, I do sometimes have the same problem as you, and more often than not, the only way to fix it is not to #reassign, but to #missions and #reassign... I really don't know what the cause of it is though... Conflicts between HALO and revive? Initialisation problems on dedicated servers (the problem I first noticed after 1.09)? I don't know. I have no quick fix yet confused_o.gif  

Again, thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. I'll see what I can do about the securing of areas and the spawning of the AI in the next few days smile_o.gif.

Regards,

Igor.

Hi -

<span style='color:red'>THE NEW VERSION  IS OUT (v2.0) May, 5th</span>

The new version 2.0 has been uploaded: ==> v2.0 <==.

From the updated ReadMe:

Quote[/b] ]CHANGE LOG

----------

v2.0

* (new) Option to choose either instant respawn or revive;

* (change) Wrecks and radio sounds removed (FPS significantly increased);

* <span style='color:red'>(new) Buildings can now be secured to make sure the AI won't spawn in them</span>;

* (change) number of support planes selectable;

* (change) friendly forces are now resistance, not blufor. Briefing changed accordingly.

I think it has now at last become the lag-free, plot-driven, fast-fragging, uncompromising yet feasible, mission I wanted to create in the first place inlove.gif.

Thanks a lot for your constructive and inspiring feedback, especially NoBrainer and Batstat.

I hope some of you will enjoy it,

Igor.

merci smile_o.gif

Cool action-packed mission. Clearing buildings to stop AI respawn is much welcomed change in v2. smile_o.gif

Did anyone get this to run on linux server? For some reason our linux server crashed immediately when giving #missions command on server. After removing the mission the server worked ok. Mission filename was all lower-case. Didn't test if this happened with v1.

@ Q

Bitte sehr, mein Freund ! Ich hoffe, dass du ein bisschen Spass mit dieser Auftrag (?) haben wirst !

@ May 10 2008 @ 19:00)]Cool action-packed mission. Clearing buildings to stop AI respawn is much welcomed change in v2.

Did anyone get this to run on linux server? For some reason our linux server crashed immediately when giving #missions command on server. After removing the mission the server worked ok. Mission filename was all lower-case. Didn't test if this happened with v1.

Thanks for your interest Rokka. Unfortunately, I don't have any Linux server, but I'll enquire and report here.

If anyone managing a Linux server could confirm the mission doesn't work on it, I'd really appreciate it... Thanks in advance!

Hey there -

The new version (FINAL) has been uploaded: ==> FINAL <==.

From the updated ReadMe:

Quote[/b] ]CHANGE LOG

----------

FINAL

* (fixed) units stop respawning after the tanks' arrival ;

* (fixed) messages of diasbled BMPs appear ;

* (change) island changed to Southern Sahrani

* (change) playable units are now Marines

Unless some major bugs are reported, this version should  be final. Feedback always welcome smile_o.gif !

Regards,

Igor.

Hi Igor

This is much fun and a lot of action. Like it very much.

Haven't found any bugs other than standard BIS... wink_o.gif

Best retard NoBrainer

Yeah we played it once more with the latest version here.

Excellent action and requires very good teamplay. We were wasted

two times. 3rd time was finally the success ... after like 2 hours. whistle.gif

Again thanks Igor!