Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Seen Server FPS like this?

After we at squadserver got our new uk3 server online i tested the server fps today with 52players and really suprised me smile_o.gif

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/635/xrfps52playersnr3.jpg

I beleave on my other server with that amount of player it was like 10fps for such a playerload

Pure sweetness!

Two questions:

- What does the rest of the server hardware look like?

- Were there any AI or just players?

Btw, I'm guessing this will be moved to the MP section.

CPUZ Thats the hardware there. Nope was no ai's it was berzerk map but even with ais i think the fps will be good.

I may test it on Sahrani Life map to see what fps i get as my q6600 server hits 10fps on that map with 32 players because i has many scripts and objects but i guess evo map with 30 players would be a good test with all the ais on it

You should test it on the newest Sahrani life map( tounge2.gif )

On a serious note, thats some impressive server hardware.

Nice to see this.

We at 6thSense.eu are just switching to Dual Quad Core Xeons at 3ghz, and 12mb cache each (E5450).

I don't believe our server board will be able to overclock, but I guess 3ghz will do it anyway.

We are preparing for 16-32GB of FB-DIMM RAM, as we're going to test if preloading the ArmA game in a RAM-Drive will improve performance in dynamic / random missions where units are being created and deleted every few moments :-D

Will post the results as soon as we ran the first tests smile_o.gif

We hope to hit our full potential at ArmA2 as it seems that Multi-Core support was one of the listed possible features :-D

If anyone is interested, this is our board:

s5397.gif

That's really impressive. I whant to thank brit~XR, sickboy and all people hosting ArmA-servers, spending lots of money on new hardware and hosting. You make us happy ))

notworthy.gif

lol. and i whant to thank Intel for their new cpu's with lots of cache ))

Quote[/b] ]If anyone is interested, this is our board:

Heh i was gonna build dual exon server with mobo like that and 8gb ram but my budgit was 700 so planed to fit 1 exon cpu with 3.0ghxz and 12mb cache and then fit another when needed. This was to host servers but i invested my money else where sence then  smile_o.gif

Gotta love these new intel cpu's  biggrin_o.gif I also looked at them ram drives few days ago. was 500 pound for a 64gb

Gotta love these new intel cpu's  biggrin_o.gif I also looked at them ram drives few days ago. was 500 pound for a 64gb

Well, you can create your own ramdrive from your internal memory.

The problem with these "hardware ram-drives" you mention is that they are usually battery-backupped to save data, and contain other systems for such application.

As such I wasn't gonna invest money into that, just enough memory to create our own ram drive.

For ArmA servers it only has to load the data from harddrive at serverboot anyway, there's no changed data in the program directory, so there's no need for battery backup and such features at all :-D

I went the cheap route on our server we used to have a dual opteron 250HE server which would give a decent 30fps but we upgraded to a X2 6400+ with 4gb and it was a cheap good upgrade yay.gif

Nice to see this.

We at 6thSense.eu are just switching to Dual Quad Core Xeons at 3ghz, and 12mb cache each (E5450).

www.tyan.com.tw/images/systemboards/s5397.gif

thats tyan MB which costs waaaaaay to much

slow ECC memory, no over clock

and I dont see how a RAM Drive will help you as the servers run in almost every thing in RAM and CPU as it is

the down side gets worse, in 6 months or a year you'll be locked into that motherboard and worsen you upgradeablity

I know it will have 8 cores but really 4 are better for 100Mbit nics (8 ArmA servers would kill it)

I dont think any single clan needs more then a Dual core, but quads are just as cheap

also ECC ram is awesome for WEB servers but is way to costly

dont throw your money away

you're spending too much for a lower end server

it's only plus side is the capacity it may handle, but by the time you fill it up it will be out dated

dont buy it

I went the cheap route on our server we used to have a dual opteron 250HE server which would give a decent 30fps but we upgraded to a X2 6400+ with 4gb and it was a cheap good upgrade  yay.gif

yea see he has the idea

Itels better tho nener.gif

i never saw on server (dedicated) more than 50fps so it seems 50 (or 49) is hardcoded maximum ...

about the server , it's nice but You running PvP map w/o single AI unit ...

try something like same number of players with same (or double) number of AI units fighting smile_o.gif

btw that CPU seems to be overclocked (lets hope stability first) and memory seems to be bit weird 463/926 ?

interesting one would think the ideal for such server CPU will be 1066 modules

they are PC8500

CPUZ reports dual channel so x2 you get the speed and nothing ever over PC6400 is listed

every one is bitching about that, just a CPUZ bug

almost no mother boards out there can do proper voltate for 4GB overclocked so every one running them have set them down to stablize the voltage

so now the servers are very stable, they push thos CPUs to 4Ghz but with 2GB ram

Quote[/b] ]about the server , it's nice but You running PvP map w/o single AI unit
Im aware of that but i think u missing the point the fps is almost 50 with 50+ players while my other q6600 server hit 5fps with 64 players. For me this amazing. But yeah i should test with ais aswell. Maybe Evo 30 players.

When this happens i post the results smile_o.gif

MSI P35 mainboards (and higher chipsets) got no issues with populated all 4 dimms (up to 2GB modules)

anyway if you get time, can you please download last betaversion of Everest Ultimate and do benchmark ?

http://www.lavalys.com:8081/beta....cyx.zip

btw You can also do hw report it will tell more than CPU-z ...

about the server , it's nice but You running PvP map w/o single AI unit ...

try something like same number of players with same (or double) number of AI units fighting smile_o.gif

huh?

it will drop in FPS like any server, but at the same time will handle AI better

I do know that IC ArmA is trying to break thier 123 man record from last week

they had a Q6600@2.9 with that and ran for 3 hours happy as all can be

now this week end they have moved a QX9650@3.5 and plan for MASSIVE amount of player

Im sure mojo will brag about it, he wants to break some records

yep it's about time to crush JointOps 150 players mark smile_o.gif

MSI P35 mainboards (and higher chipsets) got no issues with populated all 4 dimms (up to 2GB modules)

that is a P35 chipset

I dont see us mentioning RAM population issues, its what the motherboards can supply for voltages from the board, almost any PC8500 will work upto 8GB for overclocking

MSI boards are low end, would never touch em

yep it's about time to crush JointOps 150 players mark smile_o.gif

ArmA ToW beat that long ago from what i remember

any one with a decent server can do 150 and have crap FPS

IC ArmA is talking about actually playing for hours on end

Damn and I thought my Pentium 4 3.4ghz/2GB/25mbit was good enough for Evolution v2 and v3 maps. Haven't run into issues so far except for crashing when XAM players come on.

yea see he has the idea

Itels better tho nener.gif

Well thats with couple hundred+ AI's running amock in MFCTI

17 AI groups x 12 units plus me and Insane Resistance in towns so alot