Sign in to follow this  
volkov956

ARMA Direct Speak

Anyone notice arma direct speak does not work like OFP?

Like the mode where u type and it will show up on near by peoples screens in White Text like the campaign Text when Characters are talking.

When using the same feature in Arma it just shows on the typers screen not on the individuals near by

I don't think thats entirely accurate. I've seen that pop up on my screen in multi-player without me typing it.

It works like it should for me.

in 1.11 it even works inside vehicles.

I been testing in our closed lan and it aint working do u have to be in the same 12 man group?

We haven't noticed any change over dedi and we're often in seperate groups.

Some guy was playing music down direct speak (VON), he looked like he was singing...funny stuff smile_o.gif

The white text that appears from typing in Direct Channel appears fine, and always has done (even on 1.11).

How close are you to the other player, as I know you have to be within a few meters for it to work (since it's to directly chat to someone).

I been testing in our closed lan and it aint working do u have to be in the same 12 man group?

I can confirm that it don't work here either in our LAN - neither the direct-speak nor the text shows up in this mod eon others PCs .

However over Internet it works.... mad_o.gifconfused_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

and you are close anough to eachother?

used it a bit tonight, but thats on a dedicated server...

if it's a hosted game, is von enabeled?

Yes we were close enough... over Internet on a dedicated Server this works, but it wont work when i open a game for my brothers and me from within ARMAs MP browser...

and you are close anough to eachother?

used it a bit tonight, but thats on a dedicated server...

if it's a hosted game, is von enabeled?

This is a Dedicated Server in the lan and we were standing 2 feet apart.... same team but not same group

An indicator would be nice on direct chat text in multiplayer. I.e. <- TEXT if it was the guy next to you on the left, or TEXT ---> if it was a guy further away on the right.

You need to turn it on in server config. It is off by default.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">VonID=1;

I think it works in LAN too, haven't verified that though.

Mosh

Edit - That is for VON, I'm not sure what you mean by direct speak...

Works fine here but haven't tested in LAN.

Just make sure all the necessary ports are open in firewalls etc.

You need ServerPort and ServerPort+2, both UDP.

I have seen some thing similar to this. Myself and my friend play with two pcs right beside each other. I have noticed a few times when we are playing online that some of the messages he types I some times cant see, the same for txt typed by other players on the server.. This also happens vice versa and with Global, Side and Vehicle chat. I always thought it was to do with lag. We dont play enough on LAN to know if it occurs there too.

In 1.12 ist still don't work inside LAN and furthermore:

I was with two of my brother connected at the same dedicated Server playing a round of Evolution.

As i was start talking with any VON chats-groups, everyone could hear me, except my brothers...... icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Nice, what.......

Hope this gets addressed and heavily tested for the final patch

Regards, Christian