Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Oxygen not being freely distributed online!

I hope that BI would recognise that it´s better, if they would  release the tools, so that everybody can make nice things.

I think, that very many of this community would love BI for such a step, if they would release them.

I suspect Oxygen is largely undocumented, has some bugs and maybe there are a few other issues with it, these are probably the reasons for not releasing it - but, WHY DID THEY HAVE TO TELL US THEY WERE???!!!!

When you bought this game you agreed with the license going with it. Eventhough most of you guys didn't read it at all. I didn't do that either.

But I'm sure that that agreement does not say anything about future upgrades or tools that BIS has to release.

You can always discuss if it is a wise decision to not distribute it right away to a very broad public. Put the otherway around has allot of good points as well. Now you can expect some kind of quality of the products delivered using these tools.

Don't cry! Be a gentleman and give some real arguments if you don't agree with a choice that BIS made. They do not have any obligations to us!

First of all, I think it was not such a bad decision of BIS for several reasons:

1. I prefer to see few bigger mods then hundreds of small ones. The last 2 times online it happened to me, that I CTD due to a missing Addon for a specific mission. If everybody can do his models this would happen on a regular base, I suppose... (however, this is a matter of discipline on the server admin side)

2. The way they go now is a kind of quality assurance and that can't be that bad...

3. It can be an opportunity for smaller projects, since this decisions might motivate some modelers to join projects.

4. (but this is a wild guess and I might be comletely wrong since I don't know what I'm talking about wink.gif ) It might prevent from cheating by replacing existing models with models with superarmor or megashells...

5. We don't need hundreds of models of the same weapon always with different specs...

Maybe ako a signature (or checksum) would solve 4 & 5, meaning that missions use only the model with the same signature they were generated with.

And then one thing for those who are not part of a bigger project (eg Kegetys, M|N|ON, RalphWiggum, MrCrisp etc):

Found the IMA(OFP), the Independent Modeler Aliance (for OFP). It would be like a Modeler Union. First of all it would maybe prevent 20 Thread about the same topic in this forum

smile.gif

It could become a great source of modeling experience and ideas. On top of the IMA should be a 'board', consisting of thrusted and experienced modelers. This board should apply for a BIS tool 'license' and all models created by the Alliance had to be reviewed by them before the board starts a release of the new models with the tools. (however, not releasing model by model but creating release packs)

The reviews would also give new modelers the chance to learn from Pro's...

Spin-Offs might be possible resulting in bigger projects.

Okay, I should stop dreaming now and go back to work... tounge.gif

Excellent post and ideas by WhoCares. A modding aliance would be great and with some luck would resemble IL2center and their excellent work. I think they key is this whole debate is Quantity vs Quality. Personally I want quality.

A modding alliance? You mean like a group of dedicated fans who are interested in making quality models and releasing them to the greater OFP community? A group of people working together, serving as a resource for each other and giving support and assistance to each other?... <sarcasm> Yeah, where could BIS possibly find a group of people like that </sarcasm>?

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

I'm really disappointed with this decision. Although I'm new to OFP and think it rocks, Im pretty confident that I'll become pretty bored with it very quickly.

Most religiously followed games have fantastic editing features - look at UT as a perfect example. I wonder if the TacOps or Infiltration teams sat down and did an in-depth design of what they wanted to create first, or if they 'played' with the tools available and became inspired while doing so?

It's my belief that by the time any substantial mods see daylight I'll be playing a newly released game and that the OFP engine will be outdated.

I sure hope that the next release from BIS comes pre-designed for community mods or I'll boycot it.

And as for the justifications about crappy mods - lmao! There are crappy mods for every mod-able game, no one bothers with them. Why would OFP be any different?

Pfft, vomit.

Modeler Union? Well, im not a modeler, so I could not join there. And guess what? The whole OFP community is already an "union" of people who want to share ideas and see what people do.

I still havent seen any real reasons for why they could not be released for public right now.... BIS has not answered.

Well what could it be? To keep crap addons out?

Well not really... Addons can already be made, theres already some crap addons and I havent seen them doing anything bad to anyone. If someone decides to use them in a mission and you dont want that addon you dont need to play the mission, you can even ask the author of the mission to make a version without that addon or make it yourself. And when you look at the scale of current addons, making a simple thing, for example a flying trabant what im sure everyone sees as a not so useful addon takes propably about 5 minutes. How long does it take to make a new model? I´d say at least a week minimum for some simple models (weapons) and about a month for vehicles, with all the LOD levels, interiors, etc. How many people would go through all that trouble just to make something like a flying cow with a turret on its back, that no one uses? I dont think anyone would. But people could use the tools to learn ofp editing. If we go back in time to the day when the first beta versions of official addons leaked from BIS FTP, you'll find me examining those addons on how they work, and seeing a config.cpp file for the first time ever. Guess what I did? I made a flying trabant (someone else made one later too) by combining some code from two config files, which I didnt understand much at that time. I had some real fun with that addon, seeing that thing flying high up in the sky, but it wasnt something anyone would every use, and I still havent seen anyone using it anywhere. But that was a starting point for the whole unofficial addon community. I started looking more deeply into the config.cpp files and did some stupid stuff that way (what does a M1A1 that goes 65565 km/h sound?). I used that to learn. Now I have done lots of stuff people like, with the very limited tools. I never planned doing anything like that... If I would get the model editing tools now, I propably would do funny and stupid things first just to try it out, I dont know if I ever could do anything useful with it as im not a modeler. I propably would mostly use it to edit existing models, for example I might edit the houses at Kolgujev so they have snow on their rooftops. I really, really would want everyone to get to try out the tools, even people who never have modeled anything. Learning with some other 3d modeling apps is just not the same thing as you cannot preview your work in OFP. Besides, if the tools will be released to everyone after all in a while wouldnt that mean we would get flooded by "crap addons" anyway? I really dont believe in that. Im afraid that the community will start dying soon, OFP is already an aged game, no mod is going to be ready for a good while, and it will be months before the official addons will be out...

Conflicting addons? Two AK101's that act different?

This really has nothing to do with modeling. Its a common addon issue, which can be efficiently avoided by using OFPEC tags in your addon config.cpp files. Same issue with cheating, like I said in my earlier post cheating has nothing to do with model editing.

User made addons would make Resistance/Independence Lost useless?

I dont think so... Im sure there would be some stuff made that would also be in one of those official addons, but there is one major difference between "our" stuff and BIS stuff. BIS has also access to OFP engine, which means they could make anything they would ever want to. Could we make a mortar? Not really, there isnt anything in ofp that you could use to efficiently aim it. Only with some scripting but thats not an addon/modeling issue. Could BIS do it? yes, they could add a mortar aiming system to the engine. Could we do a motorbike which Resistance seems to have? No. OFP has the motorcycle simulation code there so you can make a vehicle act a bit like a motorcycle, but if you try it out you´ll see that a motorbike using the current code would suck very much. BIS has the ability to edit the code so that motorbikes are possible. Bridges? Carriers? No, we cant really do those either. The collision detection just doesnt allow those to be done properly. Again BIS could do those... Handguns? Do we have a motion capture studio where to make handgun motions for the soldiers? no... Does BIS have it? yes... I dont know if BIS is going to have any of that stuff in their official addons, but they could. Or they could make something else which we just cannot do. And Resistance already promises high detailed textures which we cant do either as the engine doesnt support those yet. So the community really would not have the resources to eat ground from official addons even if we would have all their tools. Besides, what would stop the people who would get the tools from BIS now making addons that will also be in Resistance/Independence Lost?

So... I'm still waiting for BIS to give us a reason for this. I could get the tools im sure... But I dont know if I want to agree into the agreement. If I would agree, I sure would not spread them around. But if I would get the tools from someone who leaks them first I sure would give them to anyone who asks for them because I dont see the reason why that would hurt anyone. Again BIS, please prove me that im wrong.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Modeler Union? Well, im not a modeler, so I could not join there. And guess what? The whole OFP community is already an "union" of people who want to share ideas and see what people do.<span id='postcolor'>

Modding union makes more sense then modelling union as there is alot more to putting a vehicle into OFP that just the model. Sounds, cpp, texture, research etc are all needed. So why would could you not join that?

I think the thing to hope for is that the talented people get the tools and will use them to improve OFP, not those who just want to "play" with them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Armourdave @ Mar. 01 2002,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Modeler Union? Well, im not a modeler, so I could not join there. And guess what? The whole OFP community is already an "union" of people who want to share ideas and see what people do.<span id='postcolor'>

Modding union makes more sense then modelling union as there is alot more to putting a vehicle into OFP that just the model. Sounds, cpp, texture, research etc are all needed. So why would could you not join that?

I think the thing to hope for is that the talented people get the tools and will use them to improve OFP, not those who just want to "play" with them.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, im sure many people learn to make stuff by playing around first. Thats how I learned how to make config.cpp editing and texture editing. Im not the manual reading type person wink.gif

And the community (go look at OFPEC forums) is rather living and people provide help for each other in things, like finding sounds, finetuning addons etc... When everyone has the access to all tools everyone knows what is possible and everyone can assist anyone in anything... And I understood the "modeling union" as group of people who all get Oxygen and who are going to do modeling.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drcharm @ Mar. 01 2002,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A modding alliance?  You mean like a group of dedicated fans who are interested in making quality models and releasing them to the greater OFP community?  A group of people working together, serving as a resource for each other and giving support and assistance to each other?... <sarcasm> Yeah, where could BIS possibly find a group of people like that </sarcasm>?

Cheers,

Dr. Charm<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you should go to www.ofpeditingcenter.com....

that's the true modding aqlliance.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 01 2002,16:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Modeler Union? Well, im not a modeler, so I could not join there. And guess what? The whole OFP community is already an "union" of people who want to share ideas and see what people do.

I still havent seen any real reasons for why they could not be released for public right now.... BIS has not answered.

Well what could it be? To keep crap addons out?

Well not really... Addons can already be made, theres already some crap addons and I havent seen them doing anything bad to anyone. If someone decides to use them in a mission and you dont want that addon you dont need to play the mission, you can even ask the author of the mission to make a version without that addon or make it yourself. And when you look at the scale of current addons, making a simple thing, for example a flying trabant what im sure everyone sees as a not so useful addon takes propably about 5 minutes. How long does it take to make a new model? I´d say at least a week minimum for some simple models (weapons) and about a month for vehicles, with all the LOD levels, interiors, etc. How many people would go through all that trouble just to make something like a flying cow with a turret on its back, that no one uses? I dont think anyone would. But people could use the tools to learn ofp editing. If we go back in time to the day when the first beta versions of official addons leaked from BIS FTP, you'll find me examining those addons on how they work, and seeing a config.cpp file for the first time ever. Guess what I did? I made a flying trabant (someone else made one later too) by combining some code from two config files, which I didnt understand much at that time. I had some real fun with that addon, seeing that thing flying high up in the sky, but it wasnt something anyone would every use, and I still havent seen anyone using it anywhere. But that was a starting point for the whole unofficial addon community. I started looking more deeply into the config.cpp files and did some stupid stuff that way (what does a M1A1 that goes 65565 km/h sound?). I used that to learn. Now I have done lots of stuff people like, with the very limited tools. I never planned doing anything like that... If I would get the model editing tools now, I propably would do funny and stupid things first just to try it out, I dont know if I ever could do anything useful with it as im not a modeler. I propably would mostly use it to edit existing models, for example I might edit the houses at Kolgujev so they have snow on their rooftops. I really, really would want everyone to get to try out the tools, even people who never have modeled anything. Learning with some other 3d modeling apps is just not the same thing as you cannot preview your work in OFP. Besides, if the tools will be released to everyone after all in a while wouldnt that mean we would get flooded by "crap addons" anyway? I really dont believe in that. Im afraid that the community will start dying soon, OFP is already an aged game, no mod is going to be ready for a good while, and it will be months before the official addons will be out...

Conflicting addons? Two AK101's that act different?

This really has nothing to do with modeling. Its a common addon issue, which can be efficiently avoided by using OFPEC tags in your addon config.cpp files. Same issue with cheating, like I said in my earlier post cheating has nothing to do with model editing.

User made addons would make Resistance/Independence Lost useless?

I dont think so... Im sure there would be some stuff made that would also be in one of those official addons, but there is one major difference between "our" stuff and BIS stuff. BIS has also access to OFP engine, which means they could make anything they would ever want to. Could we make a mortar? Not really, there isnt anything in ofp that you could use to efficiently aim it. Only with some scripting but thats not an addon/modeling issue. Could BIS do it? yes, they could add a mortar aiming system to the engine. Could we do a motorbike which Resistance seems to have? No. OFP has the motorcycle simulation code there so you can make a vehicle act a bit like a motorcycle, but if you try it out you´ll see that a motorbike using the current code would suck very much. BIS has the ability to edit the code so that motorbikes are possible. Bridges? Carriers? No, we cant really do those either. The collision detection just doesnt allow those to be done properly. Again BIS could do those... Handguns? Do we have a motion capture studio where to make handgun motions for the soldiers? no... Does BIS have it? yes... I dont know if BIS is going to have any of that stuff in their official addons, but they could. Or they could make something else which we just cannot do. And Resistance already promises high detailed textures which we cant do either as the engine doesnt support those yet. So the community really would not have the resources to eat ground from official addons even if we would have all their tools. Besides, what would stop the people who would get the tools from BIS now making addons that will also be in Resistance/Independence Lost?

So... I'm still waiting for BIS to give us a reason for this. I could get the tools im sure... But I dont know if I want to agree into the agreement. If I would agree, I sure would not spread them around. But if I would get the tools from someone who leaks them first I sure would give them to anyone who asks for them because I dont see the reason why that would hurt anyone. Again BIS, please prove me that im wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry for avin a go at u in the forum change over, but thats exactly what i feel, everyone should be able to make there own little units or tinker, why not? most peopl i know don't play opflash anymore because there was no new stuff comin out. What about peopl who don't wanna dowload mods but people who want the Hummer with the 50 cal or tow ontop or the person who wants a M1a1 with extra tools and personalized things such as camo netting, imho BIS have signed there own death concerning Addons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 01 2002,16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Armourdave @ Mar. 01 2002,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Modeler Union? Well, im not a modeler, so I could not join there. And guess what? The whole OFP community is already an "union" of people who want to share ideas and see what people do.<span id='postcolor'>

I think the thing to hope for is that the talented people get the tools and will use them to improve OFP, not those who just want to "play" with them.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, im sure many people learn to make stuff by playing around first. Thats how I learned how to make config.cpp editing and texture editing. Im not the manual reading type person wink.gif

And the community (go look at OFPEC forums) is rather living and people provide help for each other in things, like finding sounds, finetuning addons etc... When everyone has the access to all tools everyone knows what is possible and everyone can assist anyone in anything... And I understood the "modeling union" as group of people who all get Oxygen and who are going to do modeling.<span id='postcolor'>

I totally agree. Experimentation is the key to succes. There's also a limit to how far one would go to make something new for OFP. For example, I'd love to have access to Oxygen for my UN mod - I would alter all the vehicles to fit the addons and that would improve the finished mod alot. But there's no way in hell I'd start manually altering models in hex. To me, the workload-versus-result ratio is too poor in that case. This means, without a fair access to tools, I wouldn't improve the mod. I'm sure others feel exactly the same way. I and others have done lots of retexturing of models for addons, which would never had happened, if BIS didn't release TexView.

The result would be the same amount of usermade addons, just without retexturing (or less retexturing), which would be rather boring, IMHO.

My point here is, that poor access to tools gives poorer mods/addons. Even considering that some people would use the tools to make crap, the general mod/addon quality would be hightened. And like Kegetys says, crap addons are OK - that is the way one learns. Just remember to keep them on your own harddrive smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ Mar. 01 2002,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 01 2002,16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Armourdave @ Mar. 01 2002,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Modeler Union? Well, im not a modeler, so I could not join there. And guess what? The whole OFP community is already an "union" of people who want to share ideas and see what people do.<span id='postcolor'>

And the community (go look at OFPEC forums) is rather living and people provide help for each other in things, like finding sounds, finetuning addons etc... When everyone has the access to all tools everyone knows what is possible and everyone can assist anyone in anything... And I understood the "modeling union" as group of people who all get Oxygen and who are going to do modeling.<span id='postcolor'>

I totally agree. Experimentation is the key to succes. There's also a limit to how far one would go to make something new for OFP. For example, I'd love to have access to Oxygen for my UN mod - I would alter all the vehicles to fit the addons and that would improve the finished mod alot. But there's no way in hell I'd start manually altering models in hex. To me, the workload-versus-result ratio is too poor in that case. This means, without a fair access to tools, I wouldn't improve the mod. I'm sure others feel exactly the same way. I and others have done lots of retexturing of models for addons, which would never had happened, if BIS didn't release TexView.

The result would be the same amount of usermade addons, just without retexturing (or less retexturing), which would be rather boring, IMHO.

My point here is, that poor access to tools gives poorer mods/addons. Even considering that some people would use the tools to make crap, the general mod/addon quality would be hightened. And like Kegetys says, crap addons are OK - that is the way one learns. Just remember to keep them on your own harddrive smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not fond of crapp addons, but I gotta agree with Kimbal.

If i we're a modeler, skinner, whatever, I would learn a'lot by seeing the mistakes the other done so that i could improve my skills and try doing the best I could.

Free the tools !!!

(Damn i look like a mozilla eng. - lol)

I only got halfway all the posts so don t kill me if it has already been said.

Reading more than 8 pages of this topic i read mostly the same opinions as in one single post.

Here s my two cents.

I got to admid it was the most clever thing BIS could do for a few reasons.

1 : they make sure that we get quality addons, now everybody is bitching and whinning about why it s not released to everybody and so on, but when bad addons are going to be released and influence the game there s gonna be even more whinning and bitching, picture how you are gonna react if you had to reinstall your game for the 5th time due to some crapy addon. Now the game is balanced ( except russian choppers ) what will it be after a few months ? Ok i know the mapmakers still deceide how the mission/map will be balanced, but still.

2 : I think, like Marek said, it s not only the big modmakers that are gonna get it.  Why not send them a mail, explain what you are gonna make and see what happens and start whinning when you don t get it.  But dont start whinning before even trying !  I think BIS knows damn well who s capable of making good mods in this community ( yeah i mean you keytegs - and a whole bunch of other guys -, don t underestimate yourself ! )

3 : I m pretty sure it also has to do with a (few) mods that are gonna be released ( ahum, like the one from 12 bucks ) where we have to pay for, so if i was BIS i wouldnt be too happy too providing the tools to some guyz for making money on their backs.

4 : i just want my sikorsky biggrin.gif

Thats my view on things.

And all the bitching on BIS doing this for the money ... that is just a big load of ********. If they where that keen on making money they would have released all the patches/units and stuff  in OFP gold upgrade and make you pay for it, and would only concentrated on bugfixes or did the community forget how many extra units we got since the release of OFP ?

Edit :

Also a reason could be they want some feedback first, maybe they can make it simpler to use ( due to the feedback ) for when they release it to the less gifted modellers ?

Of course they (BIS, Codemasters) are in it for the money, they are a company. What a lot of people here forget is that they depend on BIS making money to get support and future products. You can whine and show your lack of understanding of the real world all you like, but there is only one way to express your opinion in a capitalist market: don't spend your money on products you don't like.

Maruk noted that they (BIS) are not obligated in any way to release their developement tools to the public for free. He couldn't be more right. Why on earth would they release something for free that could likely hamper the sales of one of their future products. It would require an incredible lack of vision to do such a thing.

BIS made the right choice. Keep up the good work guys!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Mar. 01 2002,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please read this: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;t=7280<span id='postcolor'>

thx for pointing that out, only read the first one

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) The tools are useless to vaste majority of people because of the complexity of modeling for Operation Flashpoint. Also, the tools in current stage are still not really polished so there's no purpose giving them to general public without some more documentation and tutorials. This is one the things we hope will be developed in conjuction with various MOD making teams. We believe it's much better way to start with more limited number of users now and extend the availability of tools later to wider audience in right time and right form.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm.. Useless... Sure everything is useless first, but people learn by using. If you dont know how to operate something, you dont just leave it alone and wait for you to magically gain some skill in using it after a while (And no, this is not The Matrix where you ask the operator to upload the skills tounge.gif ). I still would say that would be better if everyone could get them to try them out, and to experiment with them. Test all the buttons, all the menus etc and see what they do, this is what happened with ofp editing so far. There was no documentation for the mission editor (until recently), there was no documentation for config.cpp but still what can we do? Pretty much everything possible. Of course documentation is good, but lack of it doesnt matter me at all as I wouldnt propably read it anyway, im the "learn by experimenting" kindof person... So maybe I should sign up for it? Well I dont think I can write documentation or tutorials...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3) We want to help to establish good level of quality of the new content for Operation Flashpoint. We believe this is the best way to ensure the standard will be pretty high.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm.. before anyone can make any quality models they need to learn how oxygen works and for that, oxygen is needed... The longer it takes for everyone to get oxygen the longer it takes before we will start getting the quality models. If the tools would be available to public right now, we would propably get some "crap" models by people who are just experimenting with oxygen now but then we would start getting the quality models after a while. Delaying oxygen release is just delaying this unavoidable fact which will happen anyway no matter how long the oxygen release is delayed. (unless its so long that no one in interested in ofp anymore)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4) The tools are result of many years of our work and the tools have very high value. We have serious concerns the tools could be used for some unauthorized commercial products or another acitivity we don't want to support at present stage.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, Oxygen is from what I know a very advanced lowpolygon modeler. But it can only save a P3D right? And P3D is a file format developed by BIS so therefore if someone would want to use oxygen for commercial products they would need to use the P3D format. How legal would that be?

Well this whole matter is rather complicated I would say.. Its not that bad as what it seemed like first, but I would still have wished things to be very different, but I guess I cant do anything about it...

They should have just said that it would only be available to mods in march, its there fault everyone is reacting like this because the public have been working for ages on there howitzers etc etc and BIS just built up there hopes just like ppl hopes on having massiv online wars.

If these tools (oxygen & visitor) were developed originally for the sole use of the OFP team then they may well be buggy, difficult to use if your not familiar with how ofp works internally, not completely translated to english (and other languages), not fully documented and have many many other problems.

I'm pretty sure that if they had released them today, this might have been a huge thread about how unpolished these tools were.

15 pages, whoa, u ppl really like the subject matter!

Fair do's BIS, u win! I am still "reserved" about your decision, and, as Kegetys says, it was quite a shock recieving the news after all these months of promises. I can still see where your going, I just disagree with your views on it being "better for the community". Ah well, I aint going to change ur minds but that's just my view.

Remeber ppl, opinions are like ar$eholes, we all have one! !wink.gif

so don't go slagging off ppl for stating their views. There's no right or wrong on this issue, only BIS's decision!