Sign in to follow this  
s_Hole

fixed range nightvision

as many of us who reconfigures all of our keybindings, to avoid conflicts, is it possible to make the sensitivity adjustments user controlled/configurable? if not, could the pg up and pg down be changed to something else like control+pg up and control+pg down? or, at the very least, could you point us in the correct direction so we could change it ourselves?

acadiancrusader,

Unpbo the addon and open the keypress.sqf file with notepad. Do a search for " pageup/down " and you'll find a number assigned to it. Just change it to what you want. There is a keymap.txt file also in the pbo, that lists what numbers correspond with what keys are recongnized by ArmA.

Here is an example of the code;

if ((_this select 1) == 52) where the number 52 corresponds to the " . " key. Below is a section taken from the keymap.txt file.

# = 43

< = 86

, = 51  <----- I changed pageup to this

. = 52  <---- I changed pagedown to this

- = 53

PAGEUP = 201

PAGEDOWN = 209

Hope this helps

I'm loving this addon s_hole - although when I use it, I permanantly have the "disable auto brightness" message just below my crosshairs - is there a way to get rid of that and possibly have it just on the bottom right corner or top left corner menu bar?

Just an idea I had wink_o.gif I just did a night raid on the Airfield on Saltbeach and it was great fun!

I'm loving this addon s_hole - although when I use it, I permanantly have the "disable auto brightness" message just below my crosshairs - is there a way to get rid of that and possibly have it just on the bottom right corner or top left corner menu bar?

He has to use the advanced version of addAction with more parameters, but this should be easy.

About the keys: s_Hole, why not include an hpp into data folder were the keys are in. Then you can include it into your addon and the user can change them without modifying the pbo.

i have a problem with the mew nightview!

It doesent work with the Satcom

( Satcom )addon!!

The satcom doesent work!! mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]He has to use the advanced version of addAction with more parameters, but this should be easy.

Thanks mate, but that made no sense to me, can you dumb it down a bit please?

Thanks heaps for your help smile_o.gif

I've took a look at that addon. I failed to decode the pbo, but the 'error' is also in den Core data:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">keyspressed = compile preprocessFile "Chicago_SATCOM\keyspressed.sqf";

_display = findDisplay 46;

_display displaySetEventHandler ["KeyDown","_this call keyspressed"];

He is setting a displayhandler. But this one will get overwritten by the one from the nightvision. s_Hole can try to fix it the way with GMJ_SightAdjustment, but he needs the code from the addon.

@Stewy:

addAction

He has to use the alternative syntax with 'showWindow' set to false.

oh dear

why hasn't anyone added keydown to XEH yet?

anyone mind if i make a generic fix addon of this issue while i'm at it?

i'll look into externalising the config for keys and default sensitivity

only real bug at the moment i am aware of is that the action stays with the previous character on teamswitch

probably occurs in multiplayer aswell

can someone with experience on this show how to fix it and i'll implement it for 0.5 aswell

oh dear

why hasn't anyone added keydown to XEH yet?

anyone mind if i make a generic fix addon of this issue while i'm at it?

Only if you hand over the code to XEH, so that it will be included to their next release wink_o.gif

I use s_Hole's "Fixed Range Nightvision" with add on file S_NVG.pbo.and the Solus' and Killswitch's "Extended Event Handlers (XEH)" Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo.

When I start a new mission the NVG option is available. When I load a saved mission the NVG option disappeared.

Other MOD's no problem so far.

Weird!!

Any ideas?

I use ArmA plus QG and the latest Patch 1.14

Windows XP SP3

try switch nvg off and on again

that should fix it

sorry for disappearing

been discouraged from arma development for a while now due to 1.14 instability and emergence of armalib and it's lack of a file editing function, aswell as general laziness

next version is still due when i get around to finishing the keyeventhandler code

Hi s_Hole, the problem occurs when I exit the (saved) game > go to the mission window and load the game.

There is no problem when I stay in the same game and press the load button.

I will try your suggestion, so turn on / off the nightvision.

For your information, this also happens with GMJ_Sightadjustment so maybe it's got nothing to do with your MOD in particular. Maybe it's a loading procedure error when starting a saved game.

Thanx, I will report you my experience.

Greetz, Beukem

Does'nt help. Problem is still there.

It's an ArmA problem (or feature?) - the display event handler that this NVG addon (and other addons) use is lost when a single-player mission is resumed from a savegame.

(One possible solution would be to have the addon periodically re-apply the display event handler to catch this "gotcha".)

S_Hole could you apply the suggestion from Killswitch?

Also, would it be possible to remove the PgUp/PgDn keys and change them to action menu items? I use PgUp/PgDn for prone/kneel (since OFP), so this addon interferes with that and I cannot use it. Having action menu items would make it more flexible.

Quote[/b] ]It's an ArmA problem (or feature?) - the display event handler that this NVG addon (and other addons) use is lost when a single-player mission is resumed from a savegame.

(One possible solution would be to have the addon periodically re-apply the display event handler to catch this "gotcha".)

Please could you correct this problem? banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

made a hotfix version to make savegames work, and a few issues that were already fixed and easy copypaste from the next actual version

i really dropped out on arma six months ago and haven't looked at it since

hope this helps till i get around to actually finishing the appropriate addons

i picked pageup and pagedown as wsad is pretty much the industry standard and those keys are far away from them

if you want to change them, you'll have to decompile the .pbo and change them from keypress.sqf

the .pbo contains keymap.txt which has all keys and their keycodes listed

tx

So you lost all your energy for the release of S_NVG? tounge2.gif

Hope to see you back for A2 smile_o.gif

Hi S_Hole,

As I see, you are the author of the ACE_sys_nvg too.

Is it possible to make that version independent from ACE?

I have problems with your s_nvg mod too, but the ace version works perfectly.

(I have tried to use it separated, but it has too much dependency on ACE)

Thanks.

and sorry for my English.