Sign in to follow this  
$able

BattlEye problems

Yes, I am working with BIS to get a new server up.

Was kicked from a BattlEye enforced server, a false positive.

"Reason: Direct 3D Hook #1"

This occured shortly after joining and entering the world of CTI game that was in progress.

Specs:

8800GT 512MB

XP Pro

Steam

Is it an issue with how the installation is configured or suspected cheating applications running? I don't run any programs besides DeadAIM (AOL), or maybe a music app.

I'm a little unsure of the installation/configuration: had problems running the game after purchasing it, in short:

1. Bought the game, downloaded via Steam

2. Launching failed, crashing before the game went fullscreen w/ an error report.

3. Downloaded Atari 1.14 patch (digital distr. version) from the website, installed that over into the version in the Steam folder.

4. Game started, ran ok. Had 1 random crash after loading a savegame during SP and have yet to enjoy a successful MP game, this was my first attempt.

$able a friend of mine gets immediately kicked by BE after joining

any 'BE active server'.

It was the timed out message.

He has no router, no firewall. DSL.

No other software running.

Any ideas or information you need that would be helpful?

Skier55d, please disable the Steam overlay for now (under File->Settings->In-game).

Q, you mean "Client not responding"? As I wrote in the other thread, the cause of this rare problem (for some players) is currently unknown, but it is not caused by BE itself.

Yes "Client not responding".

Any way to help you track down the source?

$able Just wondering is the BE server back online yet?

Yes, for about 5 days already.

hmm strange my servers dont seem to be able to reach the BE server for updates. I can ping it fine and have made an excemption in the firewall to allow access to the BE I.P is the BE server IP 208.87.149.250?? This is the IP I have allowed access too

No, BE contacts the server @ arma1.battleye.com (DNS resolution).

I got 2 servers up and running, 1 private without BE and 1 with BE.

The last 3 or 4 days I get this...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> 7:47:50 BattlEye Server: Failed to resolve BE Master 'arma1.battleye.com'

7:47:50 BattlEye Server: Update attempt failed

7:49:57 BattlEye Server: Could not connect to BE Master

A lot of them. It fills up the log.

Then I have to restart the server and it works without errormessages for 4-5 hours, then I get the same messages again.

I got my serveres behind firewalls.

What can I do to make BE connect again if it falls out? Are there any "reset" comands or anything?

MP play is frustrating to say the least using battleye.

We uninstalled the rubbish from our dedicated server & pc's & havent had a problem since.  whistle.gif

Only trouble now is if we wanna pawn some 12yr would be cheaters on a public server you need to install this crap program again.  sad_o.gif

I suppose bis will hardcode it into arma2 so it ends up a total wank..

Ok I have created a rule to allow incoming and outgoing to to this IP 81.0.236.117 which resolves to arma1.battleye.com but still no BE updates in the server_log

@NoBrainer: For some reason the DNS resolution sometimes doesn't work on your server. However, minutes later it works and instead the connection attempt itself fails.

There must be something wrong with the server setup or the routing to the BE Master Server.

@RM Snipe: Could you please post your problem so I can help you? Your current post is inappropriate in this thread.

@Aussie: "Update attempt" doesn't necessarily mean that there is an update. wink_o.gif

@NoBrainer: For some reason the DNS resolution sometimes doesn't work on your server. However, minutes later it works and instead the connection attempt itself fails.

There must be something wrong with the server setup or the routing to the BE Master Server.

Do you mean my server setup?

If so, what can I check/fix to correct the problem?

Best retard NoBrainer

I got "Client not responding" on a Warfare 1.0 server. The server had something like 26 players I think. And it was quite laggy. My game turned into a diashow quickly after starting to play, and soon after that I got the "BattlEye Client not responding" message and I got kicked out of the server.

I would go and say that the message "Client not responding" can be a result of the server and/or client hardware and/or network connection struggling with the workload, which makes the BattlEye think that there is some sort of cheating going on or that the BattlEye client isn't enabled when it in fact is.

The ping to the server was I think around 50-60 ms. I filter servers which have a ping over 100 ms away. My internet connection is at maximum 8 Mbit/s downstream and 1 Mbit/s upstream, but mainly at least 2 Mbit/s downstream and 512 kbit/s upstream (as advertized by the Internet Service Provider).

My ArmA version is 1.14.5256 and I have no other than BIS made content loaded into the game.

I have made sure that there is no firewall problem at my end.

My computer is well below the minimum requirements set by BIS for Armed Assault.

@NoBrainer: I don't know, but as I said, I think it is related to the server's connection and/or routing to other servers (seeing both the name server and the BE Master Server can't be reached at times). Did you already ask/inform your server provider?

@Baddo: I think your ArmA runs so slow that BE's scanning takes too long to complete and therefore you are kicked. Might I ask how many FPS you get in these cases?

The FPS was very low yesterday when I was kicked out of the server due to BattlEye client not responding.

It was a diashow right before the kick for a couple of seconds. This happened no more than maybe a maximum of one minute after I joined the mission. I can't give an FPS number but a diashow should tell how slow it was. Totally unplayable.

I told it here as I saw other people mention it and thought that maybe their problem also is caused by the computer choking on the workload. Then the BattlEye can't get a response and kicks the player even when the player is not cheating and has the BattlEye client running.

I have to add that I have played Warfare 1.0 succesfully on other servers in which there were less players (16 max. I think) and the FPS was much higher (playable).

I told it here as I saw other people mention it and thought that maybe their problem also is caused by the computer choking on the workload.

Unlikely. Generally "low" - but still normal - FPS doesn't lead to such a kick, so unless it is totally unplayable (like in your case) there shouldn't be a problem.

@NoBrainer: I don't know, but as I said, I think it is related to the server's connection and/or routing to other servers (seeing both the name server and the BE Master Server can't be reached at times). Did you already ask/inform your server provider?

Oki, I fixed the problem and I needed 2 different DNS ip's to fix BE problems with my provider. No big problem then and thanks for your reply.

Best retard NoBrainer

the 30 second timeout is not enough

for example i join a Server running Evolution Blue V2

the loading of the island+additional data would exceed the 30 second deadline even after a full defrag of the hard drive and low video settings

i got kicked 4 times in a row this morning and quit arma out of frustration and didnt run any mods/addons

my ping was around 140-150ms

system specs

E8400 3.0Ghz Core 2 Duo

667mhz 2x1GB DDR2

XFX Nvidia 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition 512MB

Antivirus » Normal Virus Control » on-access disabled

Firewall Disabled

Router Firewall Disabled

Port open trough DMZ

when is this Major Issue being resolved?

BattlEye is loaded after the mapload is complete and when the black receiving screen appears. From the moment it is loaded it should fully be able to receive and send packets, however, in rare cases the ArmA netcode has problems which lead to this kick.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next patch. Read more about it here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....=74051.

BattlEye is loaded after the mapload is complete and when the black receiving screen appears.

that would be the problem then?

cant bis/battleye change that to initialize 15 seconds after that (or longer)?

servers that are up for a long time with JIP missions need to send alot of data + the client starts the mission scripts

and from what i remember from ofp's rts3. is that it always chokes a bit at the start

if battleye would initialize after the choking then i gues it would solve alot (correct me if im wrong).

No, BE packets are always sent at highest priority, so even while still receiving data they should get through.

Anyone explain this please.....we will call the player=player

player kicked off by BattlEye: Corrupted Memory #2

not seen that in the logs before.... thnx crazy_o.gif