Sign in to follow this  
$able

BattlEye problems

Ohh *cough* actually i have mis-read your last post... somehow my whole appdata/local folder is completely empty....

I thought you mean the normal battleye folder in the Arma directory, as its this folder where i have the .new file.

So i add a folder called "Battleye" there and copy the file there?

No, actually the BE folder should be in the same place as files like arma_server.RPT.

Edit: Might I ask what your command line looks like?

Edited by $able

No, actually the BE folder should be in the same place as files like arma_server.RPT.

Edit: Might I ask what your command line looks like?

This is my Arma folder....

I must mention that i have not installed Arma on this System, it is accessed only and started from the current running system.

I am talking about your ArmA server of course. ;)

Oh, you are using the -profiles option, right? This also affects where your BE folder is stored, which I guess is set to your ArmA install folder? Then the BE install folder is indeed the place to look for.

Edited by $able

Ok, I have checked a few things and the BEServer.dll in the BE install folder seems to be locked once the server is loaded (even though it's not loaded).

Please set your -profiles path to something else for now (like a separate folder in the install folder).

I will report this "bug", hopefully a fix can still make it into the next patch.

No, i just copied the whole arma server from one machine to another.

So on this Win2008 machine, it was never installed with default armed-assault installer.

EDIT: Ok thanks, good to know... Will this be solved one i start/stopp the server?

I think you don't really need to "install" it anyway.

But am I right that you use the -profiles command line option?

If you do, then yes, just change it and restart the server.

I use the Profiles option of course... But why need i change it? When i change it i will loose all my settings for difficulty and stuff.

Is normal start/stop of server not enough?

You need to change it because of the BEServer.dll in install folder being locked, as I explained above - this is the reason it cannot be updated.

When you change it, just copy over the settings to the new profiles folder. Shouldn't be too hard? ;)

You need to change it because of the BEServer.dll in install folder being locked, as I explained above - this is the reason it cannot be updated.

When you change it, just copy over the settings to the new profiles folder. Shouldn't be too hard? ;)

Hi,

So i must change the profiles path every time i restart the server?

My Setup is this in Shortcut for example:

D:\games\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe -profiles=D:\games\ArmA\ -name=arpg_server -cfg=ArmA.cfg -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -netlog -mod=slraddons112noYom

In path "D:\games\ArmA\" it creates a subfolder called "Users" and in it a subfolder with the name from the shortcut (in this case "arpg_server").

In this Subfolder called "arpg_server" is a file called "arpg_server.ArmAProfile" in which all our settings for difficulty and stuff are.

Battleye is installed in "D:\Games\ArmA\Battleye\".

Now if i understood you right i should change the profiles thing in my shortcut to any other profile path OUTSIDE the Arma default Directory (in my case is D:\Games\ArmA\) ?

No, you don't need to change this path on every restart.

You could as well just use a subfolder within the ArmA install directory, for example "-profiles=D:\games\ArmA\profiles". It's only important for now that your BE install folder doesn't equal your BE appdata folder from which BE is actually loaded.

This BEServer.dll locking bug should be fixed in the next patch though.

Ok so i will change it to your suggested "-profiles=D:\games\ArmA\profiles" on next restart and see if it solves it.

It's only important for now that your BE install folder doesn't equal your BE appdata folder from which BE is actually loaded.

Ok now this completely destroyed my "Ahh now i get it...." feeling again...

My BE Install path is in "D:\games\Arma\BattlEye\", the BE applicaton path is where? In "D:\Games\Arma\" ?

So what you meant is that the profiles path and the BE-path (which might be the arma root directory) must be different, hence the needed change in letting Profiles path not be your arma root dir?

When you use the -profiles option, ArmA creates a BE folder in the specified profiles directory and loads BE from there (instead of the default appdata location "C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\BattlEye" when you don't use -profiles).

Now, when your profiles path equals the install path, the BE load folder logically equals the BE install folder as well, and due to the BEServer.dll in the BE install folder being locked (bug), the auto-update fails.

So you simply have to make sure that the BEServer.dll in your BE load folder is not locked, which is done by changing the profiles path (for now).

I'm getting the following message after I'm kicked from any server:

"BattleEye: Direct3D Hook#1"

What's the deal?

Thanks

armalib installed?

steam active?

Hey Bastian, since the lastest updates of BE im now always getting kicked by BE when i have a Nvidia Driver-Reset (called "The Driver has stopped responding and has been reset).

In 1.15b times i was not kicked by BE when i had this and also at the first day(s) of Arma 1.16b i was not kicked...

Since no-one can find a real solution to this typical Nvidia+Vista Problem, it can break my game very often, as i have this reset almost every 30-60 minutes... sometimes even 2 times after each other within 2 minutes....

The Problem is better described here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72242

I suppose your game freezes for a while when this happens and then you recover from it without shutting down the game?

And you are kicked for "Client not responding", correct?

The reason this didn't happen earlier is because scanning hadn't been activated yet immediately after the 1.16 release.

Might I ask how long your game is frozen approximately in case of kicks?

If it's only a few seconds you normally shouldn't be kicked.

Its like 30 - 90 seconds... in 95% of all cases....

Sometimes it was 120 seconds, but very rarely...

Now that is pretty long. There is nothing that can be done about this, because essentially it's like your game crashed, you are no longer responding.

Any other game than ArmA would have removed you already by then anyway. ;)

can we please get this battle eye crap sorted out?

Im tired of being kicked form any game i play. :j:

the battle eye server update is bugged again mate

Could you tell me the error? It's probably related to BIS' server being exhausted due to ArmA2 patch downloads.

The BE Master is up and running, so there is not much I can do right now. You just have to wait a bit, sorry.

@wld427: I would help if you supplied some useful information instead of useless insults.