Sign in to follow this  
sparks50

Project Reality mod VS Arma

While the PR player base can be very mature the few general idiots can still badly mess up your game.

The biggest issue I have (and I'm not talking only about the aforementioned idiots) is the lack of a team level focus.

Everything is way too limited to the individual squads and with the maps getting bigger and bigger this is a very big problem.

I've playd PR a while and what i loved about the game was the teamwork and the players of the game. I usually playd on Thors and :iGi: servers and got the know the people and community. I have to say the PR community was/is a very nice one and rewarding for the players of the game. I never playd operation flash point, playd a little Arma... but i have to say Arma 2 is really beutifull. As it was the first times i playd PR there are things to learn that may be different and confusing at first and in public it may lack in teams working toghether, but i like what iGi has done to the Domination.. they put in revive and that helps the team stick toghether somehow. Maybe it's not true to the Arma "lore" or sommet, but i have to say i enjoy it very much and i look forward to getting to know Arma the game and the community better. Atm what i enjoy the most is small (coop 5-10) missions with my gaming friends, after beeing in hybernation for about 2-3 years (when we stopped playing PR) they all seem to wake up now that Arma 2 is here.

Btw.. Tactical Gamer (pfft) We won against the lot at the US vs EU battle.

Best Regards

cri74

(HeliX - Norway) <-the old PR team

Edited by cri74

Arma 2 "public" mission makers could learn a lot from PR. The jump-in accessability and teamplay that is encouraged, makes tactical teamplay very much in reach for a lot of people.

Missions like Domination on the other hand(great mission, just not my kind of mission) has the same accessability, but does not encourage teamplay. Now, "hardcore" no-respawn missions tends to give teamplay, but it is also the root of much frustration and does not have the same jump-in and play for five minutes attraction that Domination has.

PR provides a wonderful balance between tactical teamplay and accessability.

Edited by sparks50

I just wonder why anyone would need to play PR for..uhm..the "battlefield" games when OFP/Arma1/Arma2 already exists? You know, waste of time. :p

It would be like, well I dont know, it is no need of it anyway! Unless its arcade masquerading as "realism".

Otherwise the team behind PR would be working for military around the world, but they are not. But BIS is...so....yea so as far as the versus goes, who wins you guess.

Otherwise the team behind PR would be working for military around the world, but they are not.

BIs neither.. BIA does work with armies.

BIs neither.. BIA does work with armies.

Yes Well okey, I can modify my statement by saying, its the Australian section of BIS called BIA. They are using the same engine!(modified etc bla bla)

ive played pr, one word BUGS! that game is full of bugs but when i played it i was in hevan FINALLY a realistic Shoter and i thought why dont they make a game based off of pr and well.... i found my answer ARMA. Yes PR has more players but arma2 is more realistic(except multiplayer) my opinion PR 4 stars ARMA2 5 and id give BF2 a 1 (lol)

Edited by wizbomb

Last I heard, the different flavours of the real virtuality engine were getting quite divergent and porting modules may not be so easy anymore.

I just wonder why anyone would need to play PR for..uhm..the "battlefield" games when OFP/Arma1/Arma2 already exists? You know, waste of time. :p

It would be like, well I dont know, it is no need of it anyway! Unless its arcade masquerading as "realism".

Otherwise the team behind PR would be working for military around the world, but they are not. But BIS is...so....yea so as far as the versus goes, who wins you guess.

Yes, but which of the two is making their game to earn a profit? No matter how much more of a grasp on reality BIS may have, they still have to appeal to a wide audience, whereas PR is more of a hardcore, "if you don't like it, go away" type development.

Also, from my experience, PR wins by a landslide victory in the teamwork department. I was so discouraged by the cooperation in multiplayer Arma that I haven't touched it since. And I don't want to join a clan because I probably won't have time for it.

Arma 2 "public" mission makers could learn a lot from PR. The jump-in accessability and teamplay that is encouraged, makes tactical teamplay very much in reach for a lot of people.

Missions like Domination on the other hand(great mission, just not my kind of mission) has the same accessability, but does not encourage teamplay. Now, "hardcore" no-respawn missions tends to give teamplay, but it is also the root of much frustration and does not have the same jump-in and play for five minutes attraction that Domination has.

PR provides a wonderful balance between tactical teamplay and accessability.

Yeh.. well sooner or later someone is gonna make a mission where teams are preset and squad leader can kick people that dont follow orders, server kicks people not in a squad. Objectives have to be taken in order one by one, and can be retaken by the enemy team if not defended. So the all squads needs to work as a team to succseed, and youll be able to revive your team mates. To date there is only one server i can find that play's close to this - Domination revive.

ive played pr, one word BUGS! that game is full of bugs [...]

What kind of bugs ? I've seen none on Pr0.86.

Thanks kju, ill try that on the server. The link for the AAS is

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

bugs um like when i go to select my class the mouse wont move and how im always getting kicked because of some stupid crap and it was just hard to play with all the bugs BUT! i still loved it

bugs um like when i go to select my class the mouse wont move and how im always getting kicked because of some stupid crap and it was just hard to play with all the bugs BUT! i still loved it

Reset controls to default.

Old BF2 bug.

You're probably getting kicked by PunkBuster.

Again, not PR's fault (PB is simply rubbish).