Sign in to follow this  
l mandrake

How to make AI pilots land?

Sorry i'm sure this must have been answered before, I tried searching but got 100s of irrelevant posts sad_o.gif

When you order your AI squad to board a chopper and fly to a waypoint, how do you tell the pilot to land when he gets there?

Thanks

In the waypoint's on activation dialog, write:

this land "land"

And the chopper will land, as long as there are no other waypoints following. Transport unload will make the chopper unload its transported (non-group) cargo.

Place an invisible H (Objects/Invisible H) to make for a more precise landing.

Also, wrong section. :P

Regards,

Wolfrug

I got the impression that Mandrake5 is asking how to do this from the in-game command interface, not for mission editing.

Mandrake, the only method I know if so far is to order the pilot to dismount. This is one of those delightful annoyances from Operation: Flashpoint... if anyone knows of a better method, I'd be interested to hear it as well.

I used this command in a script to make my AI helicopter land:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Name flyInHeight X

Name = the name of the helicopter to land.

X = the height above ground in meters.

For Example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Heli1 flyInHeight 0

I have not tested a 0 height value, the helicopter may crash, so try a X value of 1 first.

Hope that helps.

In OFP, the only workaround i found ingame was to eject myself from the chopper, then once i was out of the helo, i just had to select all the AI soldiers from my squad that were always inside, then pressed the key 4(Mount) and then selected Disembark.

This forced the helicopter to land automatically so every AI could go out without having to eject..

Unfortunate i had to eject, but in OFP when you were inside of a chopper the 4 key was not working when you selected your AI squadmates.

Maybe that's always working like this in ArmA.

He is asking from the game point, not mish editing.

you have to select him and ask him to dismount (or eject). There is no option to make him land but remain inside.

yeah I was aksking how to make AI land in-game - thanks for all the help tho, appreciated smile_o.gif