Sign in to follow this  
hit-man

Ak47 sound ? soundmod ?

Hi,

there is only one sound that i really don't like. I'm not sure but i think it's the AK47 ? The sound is a plastic-like "nak nak". I hope you know what i mean ? I tried several sound-mods, but it seems to be kept.

Do you know what sound i mean and do you can recommend a suitable sound-mod for this ?

thank you guys ! smile_o.gif

1) this is forum about completed addons

2) there is no AK-47 in this game, there is AK-74

3) BIS is cooperating with military, they are not usual 3d artists who do not have any idea about real

i wonder how many of those who claim on sounds, textures and etc. had real guns in hands, shoot real rifle ?

how many bullets have you shoot from AK-74 that you know that sound is not good ?

about good or bad is sound of AK-74 should talk people who were in Russian army in 1-2 years service

Hey,

no point to get rude. I don't like that kind of talking at all.

Who do you think you are ?

And better take a moment and think before you talk about real life army, as long as some people in the forum could've served in a real war.

1) This topic regards completed sound-addons and sometimes it's not 100% sure where to post the topic.

2) correct

3) I didn't criticized BIS. You better first have a look how many sound-mods were made and how many different opinions about the real/good sound of a weapon are there in the forum.

So you think half of the guys here better sh... up ? ? ?

i think that many people on games forums (not only here, not only ARMA) are teenagers that have not seen real gun, or have not touch it and they act like experts ater watching Rambo in TV, they for example say about wrong models, wrong textures (without big scratches, effects of rusty, or glossines like cromium painted)

maybe you shoot from real AK-74, than okay, you can do your own sound mod or even help addonmakers, as you have such sounds taped

but many many sounds for weapons are just addonmakers fantasy

like I haven't heard real AK-74, so i just put in my addons what someone sent me, because untill I get valid proofs that something is "realistic", I don't care about such "details"

so when you ask on this forum on good soundmod, you should know that you ask people whose 95% have seen weapon only on movies or games

i trust BIS gave good sounds untill ALL weapons have such sounds, real sounds should be recorded under the same climatic/area environment and that taken o game

if you/we/BIS don't have such possibilities as take 20 different weapons and record them, sounds are just "hollywood" for me

Basically, i totally agree with you. And even i'm one of those who take ArmA as a great Simulation, and not as a "shooter", i appreciate and respect the work of the soundmod-creators.

If you read my starting post exactly, then i just asked you to identify this "nak nak" -weapon-sound that i imho doubt to be correct. But if someone with weapon-knowledge confirms it as a nearly realistic sound of the e.g. AK74 then i'm happy with it.

Back to topic: I just tested Chammys sound-mod (threat closed! ) and had a look into the armory's AK74 (main menu) and it sounded imho (! ) much more realistic. But in a firefight between blufor/opfor in the editor/mission, there is this "nak-nak" ?

"nak-nak" ?

You aren´t referring to the supersonic bullet cracks by any chance? huh.gif

Don't know huh.gif But in the Blu/Opf-firefight, it sounds more like that one weapon-type does it ? All i can do is another armory-test w/o Chammys. Maybe i can isolate the weapon...

oh yes, there is such sound effect in ARMA (or error if you look at soldier from 3-rd person), echo or something like that

now i know what you meant smile_o.gif

Ah, good. smile_o.gif I made some tests and it seems to only appear when squads are shooting at each other. Standing close by a single soldier with e.g. AK74 or M16 sounds "ok". I'm curious what it is, but sure it's far from being an issue. On the other hand, it could be a soundcard/driver issue as well ?

Anyway, later this afternoon i'll continue to enjoy "Evolution" again... smile_o.gif

ARMA engine is not perfect

like there is badly working HDR, than there are problems with sounds when many soldiers shoot, it is faaaaaaaaaaaar better than in OFP :]

I never fired a AK 74 or hearing one in real life but I still think the ones in STALKER are sounding nice for recorded AKs wink_o.gif

I even used a few weapon sounds temporary to replace the ones in RH AK pack pistols.gifsmile_o.gif

Stalker had awfully bad models of weapons

but it had atmosphere smile_o.gif like RTCW

STALKER was made by Russians, so probably they recorded shots as voices and sounds

there is also Youtube on which there are huns firing on movies

weapons sounds used in my P'85 addons were sent to me by a person, who told that used some sounds from youtube

I don't advise here my "mod", but probably sounds taken from youtube are good and quite real source

ONLY problem is - recorded in different enviroment, by different cameras, so not eqally recorded :/

Ah, good. smile_o.gif I made some tests and it seems to only appear when squads are shooting at each other. Standing close by a single soldier with e.g. AK74 or M16 sounds "ok". I'm curious what it is, but sure it's far from being an issue. On the other hand, it could be a soundcard/driver issue as well ?

Anyway, later this afternoon i'll continue to enjoy "Evolution" again... smile_o.gif

You are probably hearing the sonic crack made by the bullets. Bullets that go faster than the speed of sound make a crack as they go past you, ArmA models this.

Like the sonic boom when a jet goes past.

Quote[/b] ]Stalker had awfully bad models of weapons

but it had atmosphere smile_o.gif like RTCW

Hehe, you love to say that dont, you tounge2.gif

But youre right, maybe it helps that Stalker plays in a different reality so weapons may differ a little ( and have different names ) because the world developed differenly in the Stalker storyline.

However yes, the game had atmosphere so thick that you could cut slices off, i have high hopes for Clear Sky.

Quote[/b] ]STALKER was made by Russians, so probably they recorded shots as voices and sounds

Stalker was developed by GSC Gameworld in Kiev, Ukraine.

@Topic

Indeed he heard the supersonic crack sound that the bullets make when they pass you, sounds like a bunch of firecrackers blow up a hundred meters away.

Quote[/b] ]Stalker was developed by GSC Gameworld in Kiev, Ukraine.

Does it really matter? Soviet school anyway...not to say some of them are russians, I think, as Ukraine consist not only of ukranians...

Quote[/b] ]But youre right, maybe it helps that Stalker plays in a different reality so weapons may differ a little ( and have different names ) because the world developed differenly in the Stalker storyline.

Stalker had most models wrong and textures done after dummy weapons... And can't agree there is atmosphere. At least there's not too much atmosphere for russians and ukranians - GSC promised to make a free stalking simulator with real environments and made just shooter mostly for westerners. Anyway, that's not thread to talk about it, just my 2 cents.

Quote[/b] ]i think that many people on games forums (not only here, not only ARMA) are teenagers that have not seen real gun, or have not touch it and they act like experts ater watching Rambo in TV, they for example say about wrong models, wrong textures (without big scratches, effects of rusty, or glossines like cromium painted)

maybe you shoot from real AK-74, than okay, you can do your own sound mod or even help addonmakers, as you have such sounds taped

Have to disagree with you, but sounds here are not realistic at all. Almost every russian teenager of later years will say it to you (they had a chance to make several burst shots from AK at closest military base excursion, which usually takes place in 10 class). Most realistic sounds so far were at FDF sound mod, but anyway human's ear perceive it diffirent way than when microphone record it.

You mean mine sound of AK is fictionial huh.gif I've got videos recorded from real shots , i heared ak real shots too , i mixed little and added in my RH AK pack wink_o.gif

If u don't like replace my Ak sound with some holywood crazy_o.gif

Hi,

there is only one sound that i really don't like. I'm not sure but i think it's the AK47 ? The sound is a plastic-like "nak nak". I hope you know what i mean ? I tried several sound-mods, but it seems to be kept.

Do you know what sound i mean and do you can recommend a suitable sound-mod for this ?

thank you guys ! smile_o.gif

Hey bro, I am working ,still, on a sound mod, CSM, soon to be out, you give that a try as soon as it is done, just remmeber, CSM, or Chammy's Sound Mod, although, I might change the name beings that there is a Team currently on this little project.

Basically, i totally agree with you. And even i'm one of those who take ArmA as a great Simulation, and not as a "shooter", i appreciate and respect the work of the soundmod-creators.

If you read my starting post exactly, then i just asked you to identify this "nak nak" -weapon-sound that i imho doubt to be correct. But if someone with weapon-knowledge confirms it as a nearly realistic sound of the e.g. AK74 then i'm happy with it.

Back to topic: I just tested Chammys sound-mod (threat closed! ) and had a look into the armory's AK74 (main menu) and it sounded imho (! ) much more realistic. But in a firefight between blufor/opfor in the editor/mission, there is this "nak-nak" ?

Hi Chammy,

thanks for the info. Look at the quote, your soundmod is installed and i like it, but honestly didn't compare the mods yet. But do you know what that sound is ? It's a plastic like "nak nak" that you obviously only hear from 3rd person view and more than one guy shooting.

Chammy! good to see you back. I already made my own collection of samples to use in my own soundmod. Because I thought you would stop working on it.

One thing to add though: no soundsample of gunshots is "really" realistic, since the sound sounds different in each setting (objects, hills etc.). There may be characteristics that stand out and are similar. As a matter of fact a sound will but sound VERY different according to the position of the listening person. So in a game like ArmA you have to make your choice as to emphasize 1st person cognition (as if shooting it next to your ears) or else. "Else" means here to emphasize the effect, that those sounds will have when listening from a position not too close to the origin. Especially interesting when considering explosion sounds (which are often followed by debris falling or metal clanks. You won't be able to hear those from a distance, and the explosion sound will change, too). You do not need to be experienced in military to comprehend this.

So no need to bash each other "which soundmod is the best". But I like the approch of chammys and fromz mod which incorporate this more "ambience-like" style with echo-fx and different supersonic cracks.

Yeah I hear ya, thats why that along with CSM Beta v2 I will also create 3 more different types following, as u saw in ArmAVidz awesome video of the Iraq Warfare Mod my urban type sounds are demo'd there, they were just tests sounds at the moment. Lately I have had a time trying to stay focused and motivated on my own personal projects (Like CSM) I also play the drums and working on a solo music project, but it seems hard when your personal life, like kids heh, seem to take up more time , specially these last 3 months have been hectic for me.

Hi Chammy,

thanks for the info. Look at the quote, your soundmod is installed and i like it, but honestly didn't compare the mods yet. But do you know what that sound is ? It's a plastic like "nak nak" that you obviously only hear from 3rd person view and more than one guy shooting.

That sound might be an innacurate sound loop, if you were using CSM I think I might have thrown in an experimental sound just to see what it suonded like but forgot to take out, sometimes even if you implement your EAX that it might make that sound of the bullets, instead of a crack, an imcomplete sound wave.

I should have mentioned that this "nak nak" is a default ArmA-sound. So this is why i gave your mod a try. Therefor it can't be that sound-loop. I know it's hard to understand without a sound-sample... sad_o.gif

I should have mentioned that this "nak nak" is a default ArmA-sound. So this is why i gave your mod a try. Therefor it can't be that sound-loop. I know it's hard to understand without a sound-sample... sad_o.gif

As I already said on the last page:

Quote[/b] ]You are probably hearing the sonic crack made by the bullets. Bullets that go faster than the speed of sound make a crack as they go past you, ArmA models this.

Like the sonic boom when a jet goes past.

And Shadow NX answered you too:

Quote[/b] ]Indeed he heard the supersonic crack sound that the bullets make when they pass you, sounds like a bunch of firecrackers blow up a hundred meters away.

So for the third time: It's the super sonic crack from the bullets.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Still...even keeping in mind that he was referring to the supersonic crack, I also think that the firing sound is not right for the AK. FDF comes really close, but from the shooters perspective there should be a bit more "bass" to the fire. The AK from a distance sure sounds like it is in FDF but the sound has more "substance" when you fire the AK. At least that´s how I remember firing the AK.