Sign in to follow this  
matthewdenn

Should i upgrade to ati radeon x 1650 pro 512 mb?

I have a Radeon 9600 Pro w/ 256 MB of memory with a Sempron 2800+ overclocked to 2.14 GHZ. I think my processor is fast enough to play Armed Assault decently, but my video card is at fault. What do you guys think about the ATI Radeon X 1650 Pro 512 MB DDR2? I think that it will fit in my AGP slot but I am not sure. I really need a boost in my framerate. It's so slow!

It will be better no doubt if you upgrade to the 1650 Pro, however I would have to caution you, it won't be a night and day difference.

Quote[/b] ]I think that it will fit in my AGP slot but I am not sure

I'm sure it won't fit. X1650 for AGP slot are very rare (if exists at all). you need full upgrade. or serach smth old like 9800 - it's quite powerfull

X1650 is only notch faster than what You got already

(it was gaming low end (X13xx/X14xx are office non gaming GPUs) ...)

if You can get cheap X1950PRO/GT as exists also in AGP variant

Hey guys, thanks for your input and suggestions. I really appreciate it. Armed Assault is SO graphically intensive, and I really want to get it running as best as is possible with a 5 year old Cyberpower rig that has already been gutted several times over to replace cheap and inadequate parts. (I.E. the power supply was totally caked with dust and I replaced it with a nice Thermaltake.)

Anyway, my video card has a AGP 8X interface, so I am limited to that interface when I am buying a graphics card. I think that the 512 MB ATI Radeon X1650PRO looks like a pretty decent budget card. Hopefully it will improve my horrible frame rate.

P.S.-Do the 1.05 and 1.08 updates help increase performance?

May i suggest the x1950 Pro Ice 512mb AGP

Also with 2gb Ram, i can run most settings on Normal.

Or wait i believe the HD3xxxx series will be bringing out a AGP Version  yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think that the 512 MB ATI Radeon X1650PRO looks like a pretty decent budget card.  Hopefully it will improve my horrible frame rate.

I was owner of X1600 for a while. almost the same card. It's a lot faster then R9600 (i had it too before smile_o.gif), but even with 2Gb RAM and A4800+ i couldn't play on Sahrani wink_o.gif it's too slow for arma

May i suggest the x1950 Pro Ice 512mb AGP

Also with 2gb Ram, i can run most settings on Normal.

Or wait i believe the HD3xxxx series will be bringing out a AGP Version yay.gif

yeah i believe sapphire has 38xx series agp card.

A friend of mine has an x1650 512 and it is much faster than my old x850 256.

I currently have 2 crossfire x1950s and a 4400+ oc'd to 2.5 ghz and 2 gigs of ram. Crossfire, either by virtue of being unsupported or by the fact that my system is bottlenecking, doesn't do much for me. So, I just want to put it forward that I think that the x1650 is a good move, but your graphics card in that case may be much faster than the rest of your system.