Sign in to follow this  
Deusrexmachina

Program(s) for taking screenshots.

Hi all.

. biggrin_o.gif

I'm searching for a program that takes screenshots and possibly also videos that's easy to use. FRAPS, meh, dunno why it doesn't work (and I'm talking about the free version, with it's link on top of the video) or I can't make it work -more likely-; I have IrfanView too but... I don't understand how to activate the capturing. I have tried a lot before opening a new topic, and this for me is the last straw. Since most people here are experts, can you please gimme an e-hand? sad_o.gif

Thanks a lot in advance. xmas_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

There's a tool called Grabby. Excellent for screenshots. Google it smile_o.gif

"Print Screen" button on your keyboard is also worth a try for the screenshots. If you bother to switch to a graphics editing program to do a "paste" and "save" before taking another screenshot.

"Print Screen" button on your keyboard is also worth a try for the screenshots. If you bother to switch to a graphics editing program to do a "paste" and "save" before taking another screenshot.

Please god no. sad_o.gif

I think this is exactly what he's trying to avoid here.

I... have done that with OpF (HALP!!!!!! BRAINFREEZE!!!! ) and a bit with ArmA, but it is a hassle to always copy & paste, especially if you want to do multiple screenshots. Oh yeah, there's also that little teeny bit problem of high possibility of crashing the whole system, not only the Cobra you're flying!

Please god no. sad_o.gif

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

I think this is exactly what he's trying to avoid here.

Spot on, right on the target.

Many tanks biggrin_o.gif to Ti0n3r, Dwarden, Q, M9ACE[QSF] and... Baddo

tounge2.gif for their links and suggestions, very much appreciated. xmas_o.gif

There's a tool called Grabby. Excellent for screenshots. Google it smile_o.gif

MEGA-LOL!!! rofl.gif I've Googled 'Grabby' and something else came up as well, HAR HAR!!! Nice one there for the Googling advice. rofl.gif

If you're quick enough, you might be able to edit all those posts into one before Placebo has you spit roasted.  wink_o.gif

EDIT: Very much guilty of print screenage.. whistle.gif

Before you shoot down an idea, please understand not everyone knows even the existence of a "Print Screen" button... I've met enough people who didn't so I thought why not make sure this guy here knows about it.

Surprisingly often people don't know it can be used to take screenshots.

But I'm sure Deusrexmachina now knows enough options.

Before you shoot down an idea, please understand not everyone knows even the existence of a "Print Screen" button... I've met enough people who didn't so I thought why not make sure this guy here knows about it.

Surprisingly often people don't know it can be used to take screenshots.

But I'm sure Deusrexmachina now knows enough options.

Wehey, I didn't even think of shooting any ideas. huh.gif I too have acknowledged at a later stage the Print Screen button, and I too know how it feels to not understand how stuff works, or for instance to have a not-fast connection: we have the fast line for like only 2 and a half ~3 years, and before I send to anyone files I ask them if they have the chance to download it quick without spending time and money on the phone.

I didn't want to sound rude up there, and I'm sorry if it turned up this way. sad_o.gif

@[CAS] Daniel:

I've posted multiple times 'cause I couldn't quote properly in one whole post the other's replies. I won't multi-post in future though.

thumbs-up.gif

Sorry, really hate to sound like a mod when it isn't my place.  tounge2.gif  

They'd probably prefer it if you wrote squeezed your reply into one post though. You can add quote marks manually in your post while you're writing it and copy and past peoples' text from the thread.

<span style='font-size:7.1pt;line-height:100%'>Argh, shut up Danny! tounge2.gif</span>

Daniel @ Jan. 03 2008,00:40)]Sorry, really hate to sound like a mod when it isn't my place. tounge2.gif

They'd probably prefer it if you wrote squeezed your reply into one post though. You can add quote marks manually in your post while you're writing it and copy and past peoples' text from the thread.

<span style='font-size:7.1pt;line-height:100%'>Argh, shut up Danny! tounge2.gif</span>

Haha, no worries mate, I accept advices from who knows better. biggrin_o.gif So fire away (I'll duck! ).

Deusrexmachina

Don't mulitple post. One post is enough, if you have something to add use the edit button.

Deusrexmachina

Don't mulitple post. One post is enough, if you have something to add use the edit button.

Ok ok, got your PM as well. Jeez, and I've apologized already. wow_o.gif

Till the next mono-post...

I didn't want to sound rude up there, and I'm sorry if it turned up this way. sad_o.gif

You did not sound rude thumbs-up.gif