Sign in to follow this  
JasonH

Tagline in shortcut (how do you add more than 1)

Hi I was curious as to how you add more than 1 mod to start up.

I want both FDF and ArmA Effects to load but I can only get one?

C:\Jason\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=FDF_Sounds; @ArmAEffects

What should I do instead?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Jason\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=@FDF_Sounds; -mod=@ArmAEffects

Surely FDF_sounds need an "@" before it

Sometimes the order of modfolders effects how they initiate

Ahh I just did this..

C:\Jason\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=FDF_Sounds -mod=@ArmAEffects

Seemed to of worked.

It's called a command parameter or argument.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">arma.exe -mod=mod1;mod2;mod3;mod4

@ is simply a commonly used prefix for addon modfolders. It has no special purpose or meaning.

The order you list the mods is the order in which they load, and as each mod loads it will overwrite any existing classes with the same name.

For more info, read the BI Wiki article : Modfolders

The 'taglines' after the executable there are called switches. Switches are optional functionality that you can turn on when you're executing a program.

The syntax in this case for the mod switch is -mod=mod1;mod2;mod3

*where mod(n) is the exact name of the folders that contain the mods you wish to load. To load the fdf soundmod, then, you would load it as -mod=FDF_Sounds by default. @FDF_Sounds is wrong unless you renamed it yourself.

Notice that there are no spaces, each mod is separated by a semicolon, and there's no semicolon at the end.

@ is a convention that some mod makes use to help sort the mod folders from the other folders in the arma directory. If you're sorting by name, @ comes before a, and there you have all the mod folders before the actual game folders. @ has no functionality in the switch syntax.

When you are loading mods, the program loads them in the order you list them, so the last one on the list has priority. Therefor, if you have a number of mods that modify the same values or aspects, only the values of the last one will be loaded. Values that subsequent mods do not modify will not be overwritten, which sometimes causes strange behaviour and compatibility issues.

When you loading multiple switches, they can be separated by a space like:

-mod=mod1;mod2 -nosplash

Different switches never modify the same data so it doesn't matter which order you list them.

Download my tool (see siggy) and just select the addons you want to use.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Jason\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=@FDF_Sounds;@ArmAEffects

Is how it shoulod look

advertising yourself yoma tz tz tz

Call it what you like. Main thing is: IT WORKS and it's a whole lot easier to manage servers with different settings etc.

So in short: you don't need to use it, but using it makes life easier, just like OFPwatch did.

This is the correct shortcut:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Jason\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=FDF_Sounds;@ArmAEffects

No @ before FDF_Sounds

advertising yourself yoma tz tz tz

Call it what you like. Main thing is: IT WORKS and it's a whole lot easier to manage servers with different settings etc.

So in short: you don't need to use it, but using it makes life easier, just like OFPwatch did.

I'm sure he was just teasing you, or at least I hope he was as there was nothing wrong with you pointing something useful out to someone in need smile_o.gif