Sign in to follow this  
Solus

Extended eventhandlers

Ive been working on an SP mission using most mods CEX/COC ... few scripts .. all event handler tied.

1.4 / 1.5 / 1.6 all CTD my mission on revert from save ... put 1.3 back ... all back to normal. Reproducing to share is a joke as the mission is reliant on way to much stuff (personal SP use) .. but I can clarify that 1.4 onward has brought out some gremlins that are not easy to spot but do produde CTD.

And yes 1.6 also did this.

When I say test I mean add the event handler in mods high priority, load mission in editor, save it out as SP playable, load mission ... save it, exit mission, then revert. Then repeat with each event handler 1.6 backwards. 1.3 works fine.

Could be a real bitch when things get released running fine with 1.4 onward ... then there will be a community split crazy_o.gif

To mirrors (Foxhound et al): could you wait a day or so? Maybe XEH 1.4+ pushes ArmA's buttons in a hitherto unknown way, causing the CTD:s?

Alright, could you please PM me when you think that the release is stable? For now ArmedAssault.info has switched back to 1.3

Hi, this is what the v1.5 told me after enter in any MP mission:

XEH_1_5.jpg

Let's C ya

That's an error occuring in one of the addons in Madmatt's "ArmA effects mod". The error message even tells you exactly in which addon it occurs- MatH_Rain.pbo

Looking at the actual error ("Type bool, expected number") and the position where it occurs, I suspect that either the mission being played or another addon has introduced a boolean variable called "rain".

That's bad because it conflicts with the ArmA script command with the same name : rain.

The solution is to find the faulty mission script or addon. (It's not XEH, because it does not make use of any variables that conflict with reserved words or commands in the ArmA scripting language.)

It might be worth letting people know with this as I think I saw a mod that is already packed to use 1.5 as the latest.

The new pack introducing side step animation etc.

PS as I know my mission bombs with the new version(s) .. anything you have PM or pass I can test each one with my mission if that helps at all.

To mirrors (Foxhound et al): could you wait a day or so? Maybe XEH 1.4+ pushes ArmA's buttons in a hitherto unknown way, causing the CTD:s?

Alright, could you please PM me when you think that the release is stable? For now ArmedAssault.info has switched back to 1.3

Will do. I have found a way to reproduce CTD:s now and will look into the problem - I start a certain SP mission (A CoC CEX one), abort it and then try to resume the game again. ArmA crashes and the ARMA.RPT file ends in messages similar to this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Serialization of Control variables is not implemented

Error 'No entry' at 'C:\Spel\ArmA\Users\Killswitch\Saved\coc\missions\CEX_Demo_1.sara\continue.ArmASave/VMs.Item4'.

ErrorMessage: Cannot load 'C:\Spel\ArmA\Users\Killswitch\Saved\coc\missions\CEX_Demo_1.sara\continue.ArmASave'.

I switched from 1.3 to 1.7 ... loaded game.

Then reverted to my saved mission from using 1.3 and it loads and reverts fine thumbs-up.gif

this was the mission that CTD's with 1.4/1.5/1.6 with CEX/COC incuded in that mission.

Not sure of other reports with different scenarios, but in my example what you found has ironed out that part.

"that did it" wink_o.gif

Quick question, where do i put these files? I have numerous mod folders, is it enough to have it in 1 of the folders or do I have to put them in all Addon folders that might need this?

Quick question, where do i put these files? I have numerous mod folders, is it enough to have it in 1 of the folders or do I have to put them in all Addon folders that might need this?

If you have one mod folder that you always load, put the XEH addons in that folder. The other option is also possible - to put XEH in all mod folders that need it.

Just be careful with old and/or different versions of XEH if you choose the latter.

I have most mods that need XEH installed (the usual suspect mods) all I have is one instance of XEH added to the last mod folder in my shortuct list (highest priority mod folder) ... and all runs well.

it's no longer crashing for me using 1.7beta. cheers for the fix.

Ok, I think I've found it - XEH didn't like "class Static". tounge2.gif

Try this one out - I'm calling it a "beta" until I get several confirmations of "that did it"

Beta XEH 1.7: Extended_Eventhandlers17beta.zip

Killswitch, I was just going to report here that the 1.4 fix didn't seem to work for Static (thanks for putting that in BTW) but then stumbled upon this post.

I was going to report that init's still didn't fire for Static using v1.4/v1.5.

I can't tell by your post here if you removed support for Static altogether or fixed it. Please let me know and I will test accordingly. I may get to this before you respond and will take a look at the code to see if Static is still in there.

KS Laboratories Did it Again thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door

where impossible things may happen that the world has never seen before

In Dexter's Laboratory, lives the smartest boy you've ever seen

but Dee Dee blows his experiments to smithereens

There is gloom, and doom while things go boom

in Dexter's Lab!

biggrin_o.gif

Try this one out - I'm calling it a "beta" until I get several confirmations of "that did it"

Killswitch, I was just going to report here that the 1.4 fix didn't seem to work for Static (thanks for putting that in BTW) but then stumbled upon this post.

I can't tell by your post here if you removed support for Static altogether or fixed it. Please let me know and I will test accordingly. I may get to this before you respond and will take a look at the code to see if Static is still in there.

No fix - I've removed XEH from class Static in 1.7, since they (XEH and Static/ArmA) didn't get along.

No fix - I've removed XEH from class Static in 1.7, since they (XEH and Static/ArmA) didn't get along.

Disappointing. Any ideas why? I just found that the Static inits didn't fire but it seems like others found it to conflict.

Any plans to look into this further and add support for Static?

Disappointing. Any ideas why? I just found that the Static inits didn't fire but it seems like others found it to conflict.

I didn't dig further into the problem so I don't know why the problem occurs. When I get the time, I'll try to either make it possible to use XEH type event handlers for Static kind vehicles or determine the precise reason why it can't be done.

For now, 1.7 looks to be stable enough for general use, so let's make it official: Extended_Eventhandlers17.zip

(It's the same file as the 1.7 beta archive, only renamed, so you might already have it)

Full changelog

Quote[/b] ]1.7

Fixed: Removed XEH from class Static, which stops ArmA from crashing to desktop

when resuming saved games.

Fixed: The "exclude" property will apply to the specified class(es) and all

subclasses thereof.

Added: Composite ("inner") XEH classes can have an extra property, "exclude"

which is either a string or an array of strings with the class name(s)

of vehicles that should *not* get a particular XEH event handler.

Added: "Static" class vehicles can now have XEH event handlers.

Added: A respawn monitor that restores non-init XEH event handlers after

the player respawns. Many thanks to Sickboy, LoyalGuard and ViperMaul for

the initial research and suggestions!

Added: The ability to use "nested" XEH classes with a "scope" feature

to limit certain event handlers to objects of specific classes.

Fixed: SightAdjustment_AutoInit.

Fixed: Extended Dammaged EventHandler.

Fixed: XEH can now handle extended event handlers that are missing a trailing semicolon.

Fixed: the example addons now require the Extended_Eventhandlers addon instead

of the two older ones. Also, the debug sideChats are now guaranteed to

be seen when previewing a mission with the example addons loaded.

Fixed: XEH init EH:s are now actually being called on units inside vehicles.

1.0 Initial Release

Combined Extended Init, Fired, and Other event handlers. Thanks to Killswitch

for combining them and adding the other extended event handlers!

Added signature and bikey.

TODO

ETA: "When it's done" smile_o.gif

<ul>[*] More and better documentation

[*] More examples

[*] Investigation of the "class Static issue"

I didn't dig further into the problem so I don't know why the problem occurs. When I get the time, I'll try to either make it possible to use XEH type event handlers for Static kind vehicles or determine the precise reason why it can't be done.

Thanks Killswitch. Looking forward to the Static fix when you get to it.

Quote[/b] ]I didn't dig further into the problem so I don't know why the problem occurs. When I get the time, I'll try to either make it possible to use XEH type event handlers for Static kind vehicles or determine the precise reason why it can't be done.

If it's the same problem I came across with class static in MP? Then yeah, they are now subject to a lower priority, compared to other classes when it comes to a change of state. With regards to init events, it executes on the same level as a missions init.sqf, even if it’s being launched from an addons init event.

help.gif

I got a strange problem, I'm not sure that your last Xeh could cause this, but I noticed this after I change the xeh with your 1.5 version... ( off course I will try the last one, but reproducing the error is not easy and need some time )

I've a modded evolution with a lot of stuff, such as MAP Air chopper Apache & Chinook.

I place in the init.sqf ( in the mission folder) the following code:

MAP_NoCheck = true;

MAP_NO_Crew = true;

MAP_Pilot_only = false;

MAP_AirDamperOff = false;

the pilot only check is disabled, during the mission when we die sometime .... I don't know how and why, after some minute of respawn and mission advance when I try to pilot a CH47 for example, the message rubber doesn't have pilot skill appear in papa bear main chat of other player.. and I can't pilot the Map Air stuff.

I try to use also Pilot unit but the problem is the same.

Now my question is, could be xeh generate these problem, if not where I must see to avoid this ?

help me, I'm near to put the arma dvd in the trash.

Hey Rubber, I can not believe XEH has anything to do with this.

The message you post seems to be from 2 different checks/addons.

The last one is from MAP_Skills. and the MAP_No_whatever booleans you setup are for older mapfact checks.

The "Doesnt have the pilot skill" is a MAP_Skills feature. And I believe the problems happen because of wrong mixture of scripts/variables used in the mission.

of course, I was the first to tell that xeh is not the real suspect for this issue.

But I notice this after upgrade from 1.3 to 1.5, so I ask if some variable issues could be generated by this version.

I don't need pilot skill check so, now I look it in the map Air or map Misc and I will try to remove the check, if I find it...

If u know where to see please tell me.

of course, I was the first to tell that xeh is not the real suspect for this issue.

But I notice this after upgrade from 1.3 to 1.5, so I ask if some variable issues could be generated by this version.

I don't need pilot skill check so, now I look it in the map Air or map Misc and I will try to remove the check, if I find it...

If u know where to see please tell me.

You wont find the problem there I think.

Check if you or the server has MAP_Skills installed.

Because the specific message "Does not have Pilot Skill" sounds very much like a message from the MAP_Skills addon, and not from MAP_Misc or MAP_Air, but im not too familair with them anymore.

As none of the mapfact addons use XEH, I don't believe it has anything to do with it. I would suggest; Try the mapfact threads instead.

My question is if Xeh change something that could affect the initial init.sqf of the mission, so I ask it here.

Map_skills is not on my server, I unpbo the map air and there in the config.cpp could be the line that could fix my problem:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Eventhandlers

{

getin = " _this exec ""\map_air\data\scripts\checkcrew.sqs"" ";

Engine = "if (_this select 1) then {[_this select 0, isEngineOn (_this select 0)] exec ""\map_air\data\scripts\ch47_engineOn.sqs""}";

incomingMissile = "_this exec ""\map_air_weap\data\scripts\incoming.sqs"";T=_this execVM ""\map_air_weap\data\scripts\abwehr.sqf"" ";

killed = "_this exec ""\map_air\data\scripts\replacewrecks.sqs"" ";

};

I try to remove checkcrew.sqs, this could solve my problem...

I hope that this not cause other problems, so the neverendig story is a Nightmare for me!