Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Quarantine

Sounds good, there arent many servers that play this map however :S

I'm keeping Quarantine on our (RGG) server. We mostly run 1.09 beta, but sometimes run in 1.08 for compatibility. The server is persistent which is good for longer missions like this, but it could mean that you are stuck playing Sahrani Life or something if that was what was last played.

ArmA Server: uk1.squadserver.com:2850

TeamSpeak Server: ts2.squadserver.co.uk:8781

Yet again its time for another release!

Introducing V2.2!

(rapdishare, sorry)

V2.2:

NEW-Secure area missions. Players can now choose to do randomly generated 'Secure area' missions around the entire quarantine zone for 5000 reward.

NEW-Convoys, now players can restock and rearm the military base by driving a convoy truck from the border to the base. Now when the base looses a gunner, or an M2 runs out of ammo players can do something about it and earn money at same time. 500 Reward for a delivery +1000 for each M2 needing ammo or +2000 for each gunner needed to replace losses. Check the status of the base and reward on offer on the map.

UPDATED-Instructions in the briefing now better presented and easier to navigate.

FIXED-Survivors drying up/not deleting properly when players leave a zone

FIXED-Not being able to sell certain weapons at the gun smuggler

Can also get it at OFPEC topic, attatched to bottom of first post.

Do you get penalized for shooting the border guards? I just shot one and then stole his M4 instead of wasting money.

Thanks for this update. Please keep it up.

Do you get penalized for shooting the border guards? I just shot one and then stole his M4 instead of wasting money.

Thanks for this update. Please keep it up.

As of the moment, no, however ill be adding a punishment in (a hefty fine) and remove all weapons from border guards. And shame on you for cheating instead of earning your weapon the hard way tounge2.gif

Evening, love the new features. Can't get enough zombie killing, it seems I am addicted.

The addition of more vehicles to the roads has caused me to panic more than once and result in having to run out of a hot spot trailing zeds.

The sounds of the survivors fighting in the towns every time I drive through was music to my ears.

Couple of questions.

I noticed that in the military base in the quarantine zone, they are always under attack. I saw that one of the guns was out of ammo, so I decided to make a supply run. As soon as I got there, the base was under non-stop attack, I think I am triggering them to spawn by staying in the area. I chose to stay and help fight (and pilfer the weapons of the fallen) but I think I am causing more problems. I also noticed that not all zombies attack, some have chosen to challenge the troops to a stare down:

Pic of stare down

When they all do this, it becomes a matter of not shooting anymore lest they get angry and finish the job. Once all of the moving zombies are dead, they seem to spawn and just stand there, or run to join the mass pile-up at the gates (all gates can have this happen).

I did one of the side missions and it seems that the end trigger will not "fire" if you are in a vehicle when it determines that you have succeeded. I had to get out and wander a bit for it to work. I had a save game at a good spot and tried it a few times, every time I got out immediately, it worked but I could sit in the vehicle or drive around for 5 mins with nothing.

Still a crowd pleaser, thanks for the time and effort you have put in.

I noticed that in the military base in the quarantine zone, they are always under attack. I saw that one of the guns was out of ammo, so I decided to make a supply run. As soon as I got there, the base was under non-stop attack, I think I am triggering them to spawn by staying in the area. I chose to stay and help fight (and pilfer the weapons of the fallen) but I think I am causing more problems. I also noticed that not all zombies attack, some have chosen to challenge the troops to a stare down:

Pic of stare down

When they all do this, it becomes a matter of not shooting anymore lest they get angry and finish the job. Once all of the moving zombies are dead, they seem to spawn and just stand there, or run to join the mass pile-up at the gates (all gates can have this happen).

I did one of the side missions and it seems that the end trigger will not "fire" if you are in a vehicle when it determines that you have succeeded. I had to get out and wander a bit for it to work. I had a save game at a good spot and tried it a few times, every time I got out immediately, it worked but I could sit in the vehicle or drive around for 5 mins with nothing.

Still a crowd pleaser, thanks for the time and effort you have put in.

Thanks, im glad you enjoying it smile_o.gif

first of i think i changed the spawning from 'repeat' (one wave, no more spawn intill trigger deactivated/reactivated again) to 'Infinite' (soon as one is killed another is spawned) this might be why it seems the military base is under constant attack. After x amount of time (forgotten how long will have to check) the spawn should deactivate and clear all the zombies, then after another stretch of time reactivate and put the base under siege again. May have to fiddle with the timing if its causing problems or switch the spawning back to 'repeat'.

As for the zombies just staring out the M2's thats either problems with zombies AI in general or i have made the scenery (sand bags/barbed wire) too tight for the AI to navigate through to attack the M2's, so i will check it out. However im afraid it could be part of a larger problem to do with general AI of the zombies and would be out of my control/skills.

as for the end triggers not firing seems nearest object command doesn't recognize the crew of vehicles, thou i think i got a workaround for this, so shall be fixed in next update.

Cheers for feedback!

Quick response you had there.

I figured the staring thing was something to do with the AI vs terrain, just seeing if something was placed to force it as it does lead to a potential exploit.

Supply trucks will come and replace the gunners who died then one can wait for them to die again, take their weapons and sell them for 24000 each at the smuggler (they have M4 aimpoints) and keep doing it. Each supply run results in not just the basic reward, but the basic reward (which includes the 1000/gun without ammo and 2000/gunner replaced) plus 24000 x (up to 6 potential weapons) for quite the pay out. Given that it seems that the base cannot keep the patrolling soldiers alive for more than 24hrs (by midnight in two tests they were all dead except one in the depot), there is a lot of money laying about in the early game. Of course this could lead to a PvP war over the spoils, which could be its own kind of fun.

I love the idea of keeping the base supplied since it is an important place to hold as it has all of the good vehicles and weapons. But as you can see it can lead to exploitation, if someone were as curious and greedy as me. smile_o.gif

Heh what can i say, im unemployed so i got all the time in world to answer forum topics tounge2.gif

As for the potential for exploiting the supply system by selling weapons, after the original gunner dies (the ones that man the guns from the beginning) all newly spawned gunners from the supply convoy delivery are not armed with any thing at all. And only reason the original gunners are armed is due to an oversight on my part (which shall be fixed in next version). As for the foot patrols like you said i thought id let players be able to scavenge the spoils of war to add to the post apocalyptic scavenging supplies theme and perhaps lead to some PVP conflict. Thats also one reason i did not have the foot patrols be restocked at every supply run, (as well as technical problems) because of the potential for abuse.

Great mission. I've just jumped from 1.1 to 2.2 and am receiving a strange error. I can load a play the mission fine and have no gameplay problems with it. It's when i save then close arma and open it again. I go to resume my progress and it comes up with this error...

armaerrorzz3.jpg

Any ideas? Never had this error before with any other mission or the 1.1 version of quarantine.

That is strange, of course i never really designed this mission with SP (with saving/loading) in mind, but none the less i have no idea why thats happened or think of any thing that would cause that.

Any one else got any ideas?

Just dug out some offending item from the arma.rpt file. Take a look and see if it means anything to you?

Error 'No entry' at 'C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\My Documents\ArmA\Saved\missions\RPG_12_Quarantine_V2_2.Sara\continue.ArmASave/GameState/Variables/Item9/data.value'.

This is the line that happens before the failed to load save error.

Sounds like the savegame bug. Running 1.09 beta or not? If not, try it with the beta and see if it's still broken. Otherwise, remove the save game from the folder, start the mission (from the beginning), alt-tab out and put the savegame back in and press "retry" and it should load it. smile_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

...And all was well in the universe once more!

Lately i have also noticed a problem with JIP players and the markers for the secure area mission and the markers for the M2's at the military base not being in sync with players who have JIP.

Ill try and get to work on fixing this, at the moment im still a little stumped on how to try and sync it all but have been reading a few things here and there that have given me some idea.

However lately i yet again not got time as i have recently got employed again (oh noes!wink_o.gif.

You'll just have to try and get fired really faast then! biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, a job can a be a huge drain on time, energy, and creative thought... that is unless you are working for a game developer, publisher, or magazine.  Some of them get to play games at work!

Oh, the wonderous things I could create for ArmA if I wasn't in here all the time! tounge2.gif

My condolences on your re-employment!

I'm trying your mission for the first time, and I must have installed it wrong or something. I spawn in the camp and walk over to the car dealer place, and I see no way to buy a car. No dealer there, no Action menu activates, and the cars are all locked. I walked all the way to the gun dealer, and have the same problem there.

How can I score some wheels and a gatt?

Edit: OK, I figured it out. You go to the flagpole. this is really fun I must admit. But I having problems. Rescued guys don't follow me very well, and don't get in the cars when I tell them to.

My condolences on your re-employment!

I'm trying your mission for the first time, and I must have installed it wrong or something. I spawn in the camp and walk over to the car dealer place, and I see no way to buy a car. No dealer there, no Action menu activates, and the cars are all locked. I walked all the way to the gun dealer, and have the same problem there.

How can I score some wheels and a gatt?

Edit: OK, I figured it out. You go to the flagpole. this is really fun I must admit. But I having problems. Rescued guys don't follow me very well, and don't get in the cars when I tell them to.

talk to the flag

I just fired up Q for the first time and am having a couple issues. First off when it loaded the map it gave an error for some missing marker. The other is that I can't find anyone at the small arms dealer to buy anything off of.

I have a feeling I'm just being particularly dense about something simple but any help would be appreciated.

edit: Ah nm, it's the flags. confused_o.gif

I get that error too. It doesn't seem to effect anything mind. smile_o.gif

Hmm maybe i should really put something in briefing pointing out that its the flag poles you buy stuff off.

As for error i know what that is. Its because i had MAP_MISC addon installed and it had some custom markers and for some unknown reason more colours too and one of them happen to be another blue colour. So i unwittly selected a marker to be 'Blue' but it wasn't standard BIS blue colour but the addon blue. Thus throwing up an error for people who don't have MAP_MISC installed.

Good fun btw.

I found the first time I went to that military base in the south that there were about twenty zombies just standing in front of an MG as if lined up waiting for chow. Made for some easy pickings but the base was overrun.

Also, every time I go to one of those mission areas and clean up the zombies it comes back as mission failed, no players left in the area. This is without leaving the area at any time.