Sign in to follow this  
jtec

Frontlines

frontlines:fuel of war

Anyone had a look at this? Looks kinda interesting, some things look kinda cool like the team work involved in keeping you and your mates alive. Love the vehicle transporter!

Think i heard it will be out on the 12th of this month, may well take a look and see what its like. Gameplay looks kinda fun with the basis of co operative play instead of just every man for himself. pistols.gif

I watched three trailers, although the first one would have been enough to tell me I never want to see or hear anything about this game again smile_o.gif

Far Cry 2 on the other hand, I think I was the last person in the world to watch the pre alpha demonstration but that looks so impressive, shame it's not coming out on the 360 sad_o.gif White Gold is which is some consolation smile_o.gif

I saw a couple trailers. It looks ok, it's not very realistic or anything but could be fun. I don't think I'm going to get it though. Depends on the singleplayer, if it's short like Call of Duty 4 then forget it.

@Placebo: Never heard of White Gold until you mentioned it now. I just did a search and it looks good. Boiling Point (from the same developers) was very buggy from what I heard, but I'm sure there are some patches now. Maybe I should try to get it. It sounded good, just the bugs put me off at the time.

I saw the Far Cry 2 videos, I want it biggrin_o.gif

I saw a couple trailers. It looks ok, it's not very realistic or anything but could be fun. I don't think I'm going to get it though. Depends on the singleplayer, if it's short like Call of Duty 4 then forget it.

@Placebo: Never heard of White Gold until you mentioned it now. I just did a search and it looks good. Boiling Point (from the same developers) was very buggy from what I heard, but I'm sure there are some patches now. Maybe I should try to get it. It sounded good, just the bugs put me off at the time.

Multiplayer could be great fun with the co op aspect, will keep my eyes open on the demo and report back to you guys if it warrants interest.

By eck Placebo i didnt even know about farcry 2 haha. Looks very impressive! I like biggrin_o.gif

I watched three trailers, although the first one would have been enough to tell me I never want to see or hear anything about this game again smile_o.gif

Far Cry 2 on the other hand, I think I was the last person in the world to watch the pre alpha demonstration but that looks so impressive, shame it's not coming out on the 360 sad_o.gif White Gold is which is some consolation smile_o.gif

same here r.e. the trailers - the third one just screamed BF2 clone and sealed the deal.

at first mind, I thought it may have been a new take on C&C style of gaming, mixed with a bit of FPS is you decided you wanted to get down and dirty, but no... BF2 clone it is.

Yeah Boiling Point was buggy but it was still a really enjoyable sandbox type game with numerous weapons and vehicles and enjoyable missions and such, reminded me of a little game from 2001 that was a real cult classic wink_o.gif Biggest downside for me with Boiling Point was a lack of iron sights but hopefully White Gold will have them (one of the devs told me via Email it will) smile_o.gif

With White Gold being for 360 and PC it will hopefully receive a little more polish and love before release smile_o.gif

same here r.e. the trailers - the third one just screamed BF2 clone and sealed the deal.

at first mind, I thought it may have been a new take on C&C style of gaming, mixed with a bit of FPS is you decided you wanted to get down and dirty, but no... BF2 clone it is.

Close to BF2? BF2 doesn't have frontlines, as i see it will be when you log in to your account you will see large map, where you select battles (just like in 360 game Chromehounds) :P or i'm wrong?

Does anyone recall if it was the team behind the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 that developed this?

Does anyone recall if it was the team behind the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 that developed this?

Yes, it's Kaos Studios who are developing Frontline: Fuel of War. They're made up of the core team from Trauma Studios, who made Desert Combat.

They started working for DICE, and contributed some to BF2...but as far as I remember, EA more or less terminated them when they bought up DICE.

Remember somewhere people saying that Desert combat was the best thing to happen for bf2. Take it that it was a very good mod to play?

Desert Combat was the best mod for BF1942.

I wished BI had the helicopter flight model form this one in ArmA...

Anyhow, i think Frontlines will give me something play, till OFP2 comes out.

ok i played it it feels like BF2/DC combined into Unreal Engine 3 (sometimes it's just like better UT3 mod) ...

i got some great fun with remote drones

yet the spawn killing (badly placed spawns), tons of bugs and general feeling (terrible UI, these icons, can detect enemies via walls, shoot thru walls etc)

oh well ... just another arcade shooter w/o lean

Close to BF2? BF2 doesn't have frontlines, as i see it will be when you log in to your account you will see large map, where you select battles (just like in 360 game Chromehounds) :P or i'm wrong?

the front lines part is a gimick, aimed at differentiating this from what it really is, in every other sense its an MP only shooting game in a confined urbarn area ala BF2 - There might be a larger overall map, but its still confining things to one area.

It's funny how a bad (or not interesting) trailer can really harm a game, I just played the 360 demo, and it's bloody good fun, some quite open gameplay, annoyingly no iron sights, nor can you pick up any weapons you like, but it's fun and varied, vehicles and such smile_o.gif

Has anyone tried this game I spotted looks similiar to Arma, set 20 years in future...

http://planetfrontlines.gamespy.com/

Apparantly still in public beta

1185313347_medium.jpg

1185313306_medium.jpg

Info:

Quote[/b] ]

You join the battlefield as two superpowers fight for control of the world's dwindling oil supply. This fast past first person shooter, created by Kaos Studios, puts you on the frontlines of the battlefield of tomorrow as you join up with either the Western Coalition (US/EU) or the Red Star Alliance (Russia/China). Your role in the elite "Stray Dogs" strike force will help determine the victor of this futuristic war. Frontlines: Fuel of War features an immersing, cinematic experience with non-linear gameplay that allows you to decide your own path.

Command a futuristic arsenal - Taking place 20 years in the future, Frontlines: Fuel of War brings us a look at the battlefield tech of the future. Heavy tanks, remote controlled drones, deployable weapons system, and advanced EMP counter-measures are all used in Frontlines as the Western Coalition and the Red Star Alliance use their formidable tech and budgets to wage war. With over 60 vehicles and weapons, Frontlines allows you to use the technology of the future, today.

Strong team play - Share information between your teammates (32+ on consoles, 64+ on the PC) with high-tech systems that allow you to collect and relay battlefield data such as targets, recon, and threat information to your team mates. Squad based VOIP also helps bring advanced team-based play to Frontlines: Fuel of War.

Customization - Combining a level of RPG-like customization with the fast paced action of a FPS, Frontlines allows you to create the soldier you want to play. Customize your soldiers by selecting your character class, including weapons and role specialization. Your character will be suited towards your playing style, and allows for strong teamwork and a high level of replayability. With many different combinations to try, your character will be able to handle any situation.

Frontline combat system - Join the forces on the front line, then help push that line forward. In both single and multiplayer modes, the objectives you complete will allow you to push the frontline even further, given you access to new weapons and technology while pushing your enemy back. You'll always be in the middle of action, choosing your own path to victory.

An open battlefield - Frontlines features a sandbox approach to the battlefield. Instead of following a set path, you can take advantage of the map to create your own path. The order you complete the objectives in is up to you, along with what path you take. So use the destructible elements in the map to your advantage by carving out your own path into battle.

With over 60 weapons and vehicles, battles of all scale and caliber, an intense single player campaign, and the kind of multiple action that Kaos Studios established in Desert Combat. Join either the Red Star Alliance or the Western Coalition, and join in the fight.

I maybe post a review after download is finished and I try it