Sign in to follow this  
freddern

Norwegian Recce Pack

Do you have any other plans for more Norwegian addons? Vehicles, etc.

Actually it would have been cool, but does take much time and when I make something I like to do it proper.

What I like the most is texture creation. I have tried creating my own AG3 model, but things din't work ingame and I got pissed and stopped working on it. This addon almost got forgotten too, but then I got reminded of it a little while back wink_o.gif

So, maby if someone are thinking about creating any more Norwegian addons, maby I could be of any help? (I can model in 3ds Max, Create normal maps in Zbrush and photoshop, Make textures in photoshop and make basic config files..) But creating all that in an addon is just too much for me (Got scool also) tounge2.gif

atm im making an international GD (a mercedes 4x4) and it got the looks that 'smell' like it could be form norway icon_rolleyes.gif

atm im making an international GD (a mercedes 4x4) and it got the looks that 'smell' like it could be form norway icon_rolleyes.gif

atm -> who's that? wow_o.gif

edit: sorry, didn't read your post properly tounge2.gif

atm = at the moment,   or what it could have been what we would call a minibank.. :P

edit : typos

1. AG3 was phased out by the HK416. AFAIK only reserve/rear units are still issued the AG3. I believe there's a HK416 in one of the weapon packs floating around, If you ask nicely I'm sure respective author would be happy to give it to you.

2. AFAIK there aren't many black skinned people in Norway :P .

Thanks for the feedback but...

1. True what Jahve writes, the AG3's are not phased out yet. I know people currently in INTOPS and even they haven't gotten them yet.

2. Yes, maby not that many but not uncommon enough to change the config to "only white's" . wink_o.gif

Ahh thanks, couldn't be sure if they had replaced them yet.

I thought they had gotten the license last year and had virtually phased them out.

Manzilla, if you'd like to see the creators disallow you people from using their content, I'd suggest using proper credits. People are giving him credit as "His Glock 17", when he had no part in it's creation. The original authors don't take lightly to these things.

Manzilla, if you'd like to see the creators disallow you people from using their content, I'd suggest using proper credits. People are giving him credit as "His Glock 17", when he had no part in it's creation. The original authors don't take lightly to these things.

How is it his fault if people don't read? He clearly stated on the first page that the weapons weren't his.

That's other people. I'm curious to see what he puts in the readme this time. If proper credit isn't given there, then I agree that the authors should do something. I got my money on the fact he learned his lesson and will fully give credit in the read me and elsewhere. Also, he's corrected people lately and stated the are not his.

I don't see anywhere that I or anyone else said anything about not giving proper credit. That is a necessity with out a doubt. But if there are people whom allude to the models as RH's, there's liitle more RH can do but correct em and give proper credits in read me's, etc. He's been doing that.

Well thanks for the info.

Let's just wait for any documentation that comes. If it's as it was before, by all means, shoot.

Did you miss the other reply where he pointed out it was made by others.

SniperRedHawk what wrong with u , mate huh.gif

That Kimonos Glock 17 allready gotted permission 3 month's ago and was credited in my RH pistol pack .  Norwegian Recce Pack / mod only borrowed from my pack that's all. Don't take it seriously. wink_o.gif

Glock 17 in this pack :

Model : Kimono

Skin : Kimono

Are u happy now ? firefoxlover.gif

Gode greier dette, freddern!

(Good stuff)

Thanks for the credits.

If you ever get around to making more stuff (trust me i know how time consuming it is:)), could I suggest winter soldiers and also the new IVECO vehicle? Never got around to making the IVECO in Flashpoint myself, but would love to see it in a BIS game with a Norwegian Flag:)

Also, you might want to add aimpoints/ACOGs to the AG3's, as they are pretty common in intops.

But all this is just minor detail - great addon nonetheless! thumbs-up.gif

PS: Excuse me if I'm wrong in anything I say - haven't got ArmA so can't test them ingame! sad_o.gif

Guys, I'm not trying to be a dick. Really, I am not. I guess in a way I'm just trying to look out for you, because when it comes to giving/receiving credit, some people are tense on the subject, where some are lax, and one slip-up and everyone gets all butthurt if the right person/people see it, especially on the Counter Strike community.

Here's a link to a replacement config that puts these soldiers into the Arma campaign:

Link

It is made by william1.

Be aware that this will overwrite the original config so make a backup!

? ? ?

no , it doesn't overwrite the original config , just put the replacement pbo along with your recce's pbo's and that's it

? ? ?

no , it doesn't overwrite the original config , just put with replacement pbo along with your recce's pbo's and that's it

Ok. sorry I just thought that's how that worked. confused_o.gif

The G3A3 (AG3) used does neither look very good due to complete lack of mapping (normal, specular) (Hellenic) nor does it have the right forearm..

Well as far as the G3's. The G3's were in our 1st addon pack release, which was before the release of the tools (except Texview2), by that time, our experience in ArmA, wasn't big, and especially in normal and specular. But it has normal and specular maps, but unfortunately due to our inexperience don't work well.

Now as far the G3 model, the G3 we created was based in the greek G3, that is produced in Greece under Lisence by HK. so it's probably not to be the same in comparison with G3's that other armies use.

reference pic

@freddern, thank you for using our Weapons pack in your addon. Now that we are experienced enough, we have in plans to rework our G3's...... and make them even better

That explains alot.

But the not looking right is a hint to freddern, as the forearm on norwegian G3s are different.

Buttstock is longer too.

fa7011d2.jpg

Guys, I'm not trying to be a dick. Really, I am not. I guess in a way I'm just trying to look out for you, because when it comes to giving/receiving credit, some people are tense on the subject, where some are lax, and one slip-up and everyone gets all butthurt if the right person/people see it, especially on the Counter Strike community.

I agree with SniperRedHawk completely.

Heres the scenario:

Someone gets permission to use someone elses models and textures doesn't allow that person to hand down permission to other people.Only the first person obtained permission.

You still need to contact original author for permission and clearly state where the stuff comes from

This is a good reason people don't allow others to use stuff, it gets handed down

I completely agree with him too. It's absolutely necessary to give proper credit, if not and there is malicious intent, the culprit should be blackballed from the community.

It seemed to me that SniperRedHawk was just trying to be a dick to RH and to poke at old wounds. I was wrong though and my assumption was inaccurate. His last post cleared that up for me. Sorry about that SniperRedHawk, i made a mistake. Your point is well taken. thumbs-up.gif

About the AG3:

If I had made one myself I would for sure make it similar to the Norwegian AG3, but due to lack of spare time I thought it was a good idea to ask HWM if I could use their weapons.

(And I really appreciate that they let me use it, cus they must have put a great amount of time in to the weapon and they did not have to give me permission at all if they didn't feel like it. notworthy.gif  )

But by all means, if any norwegian addon makers are interested in making a Norweigan weapon pack containing all the goodies (ag3 with aimpoint etc. ,L96A1, NM149, MG3.. ), then be sure to let me know. I will gladly help with normal mapping, textures, configs etc...

smile_o.gif