Issetea

Sahrani Life

The needed Server Side addon for newer versions is not downloadable, because we get told that some people still want to steal our code over and over again.

If the addon/mission aren't downloadable then I'm not sure it's really appropriate for the mission to have a thread on the official Bohemia Interactive forums, people shouldn't have to jump through hoops to play your mission. I understand your concerns but my sole purpose for this forum is to the community as a whole.

You can download and host the whole client side addon pack and the whole client side mission. The only thing that is not downloadable is a single addon file which is only needed on the server in order to run the mission. Clients can download and host everything they need in order to play the mission.

---

btw the page is online again and here is the new changelog for Sahrani Life 1.60

- fixed: cop-vehicle interaction "check trunk" worked, but did not print a message

- fixed: taxi mission error (very rare)

- fixed: player gained too much money when selling resources via shop storage

- fixed: bug in race script (when a player died or disconnected after he joined the race there was a script error)

- fixed: speed radar hint showed up when a vehicle had the exact speed which was checked

- fixed: cops don't lose holstered weapons when they die

- added: In order to salvage a vehicle you need a truck (non addon version) or the Sigma "cooter" (addon version) to be within 20 meters of the vehicle you want to delete

- added: Players are now able to place vehicles and weapons/magazines in some (not all) storages. This will enable the possibility of transporting (for example) your own vehicles in a truck.

- changed: Respawn time system. The respawn time is now resetted whenever the player respawns. Everytime you kill an unwanted player or a cop, the time you need to respawn will increase by 30 seconds.

- added: Hideout is saved. Even after a server restart.

- added: Map on the top right corner of the sat cam which allows the player to teleport the camera by left clicking somewhere

- fixed: Hideouts can not be build near a city anymore

- fixed: Error when opening Parachute

- added: Storages of factories are saved after server restart

- fixed: A lot of different erros when stryker or hmmwv from the guild mission respawned

- added: Login System with Username and Password

- added: Job system

- added: included Taxidriver, Delivery and Bus mission into the new job system

- added: Job: Trucker (Fuel), Pilot

Greetings,

Issetea

Being a little precious arent we, if you dont want to allow servers to host it then take your mission and go elsewhere.

Are your servers still ddos'd? Only #4 is up.

Personally I don't really mind him being protective of his game mode (I won't even call it a mission because its so much more...it's pretty much a new gamemode now). If you try out SL its obvious that a lot of time and work has gone into it. Earlier versions were more open, but I guess he got fed up of people taking his code or making dodgy edits and claiming it as their own work.

bs .. if you fear your stuff gets ripped you shouldnt be doing the modding/editing thing.

Only reason i can see for this harsh behaviour is money!

Draw as many ppl as you can, and somewhen, change your servers to be only accessible to paying users - clans do it so why not him wink_o.gif

to Issetea

it's nice this thread is opened again. and i'm really happy ur mission doing great, i've been joining ur server a couple of times to play it. Unfortunately, u keep working on adding some not useful things and missing the general game play idea, so, as the result every time i was joining ur server all other players were doing chaotic movements and unreasonable killings. So, I didn't find 1.5 version any different from 1.0 .. it's still mission without any goals... unfortunately, i don't see 1.6 any different from 1.5 except some new features that not really making the mission any better.

I'm going to try give u an idea how to improve it -

Quote[/b] ] Posted: Jan. 30 2008,01:44

hey, i've just got interesting idea how to make it easy way to make logic in playing Police!

Chief of the police can do lot of bonuses ( u will think out bonuses by ur self with others, for example can arrest other cops or can see all civs on the map and earn 3 times more money then others etc ). Any way, to become Chief of the police player must have more points then other police guys. Killing of wanted civs gives to police 1 point, arrest of wanted civs gives police officer 5 points. So, arrest is more profitable for cops now then just killing. Other way, killing of innocent civ will minus - 5 points and arrest of innocent civ will minus -1 point. If policeman has negative balance ( like +1 for killing wanted civ and -5 for killing innocent civ = -4 ) every -1 point means 1 minute in jail. In this case police will not be fooling around with stupid killings and arresting but they do all best to arrest crime )))

Also i'd advice to add KNOCK/HIT option for civs. U can hit somebody ( police ) without weapon by fist. It's kinda boxing, lol. In this case police will be asking to HANDS UP from far away because civ can hit police to face and take their weapon ))

Quote[/b] ]Posted: Jan. 28 2008,02:42

as I understood it's almost impossible to use standard objects on the Sahrani map for game options. For example - buying and selling houses. Well, there is another idea how to make it really cool - you can absolutely remove shops and workplaces but each person can build one factory ( like hideout ) per one city. Each factory will be giving the standard income. So, as many cities on the map as many factories can be build in the game. There must be one worker per factory who's gonna work there. You can get money ONLY when u personally take money from ur worker. Of course, factory can produce goods which one could be sold somewhere on central market but it's too complicated to make I guess. So, it should be very easy - 1 city - 1 factory - 1 worker - your income.

If you want me to ask how could other people earn their money if only one factory per city allowed I can advise to make it possible to build also one store per city, one restaurant ... etc. Each structure gives it benefits or money. Small business gives less income then the big ones ( like factory )

Concerning addon version of the SL - i'd advice to use ( or to make ) absolutely houses/roads/structures free island. So, people could join and build their own houses-factories-stores in different parts of island. In this case after hour of playing there will be player's cities

P.S. and don't be stubborn. Don't u remember about Guilds? Every1 was telling u that it's useless thing with stupid name ...

Sahrani Life 1.6 released today!

New features and changes are:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- fixed: cop-vehicle interaction "check trunk" worked, but did not print a message

- fixed: taxi mission error (very rare)

- fixed: player gained too much money when selling resources via shop storage

- fixed: bug in race script (when a player died or disconnected after he joined the race there was a script error)

- fixed: speed radar hint showed up when a vehicle had the exact speed which was checked

- fixed: cops don't lose holstered weapons when they die

- added: In order to salvage a vehicle you need a truck (non addon version) or the Sigma "cooter" (addon version) to be within 20 meters of the vehicle you want to delete

- added: Players are now able to place vehicles and weapons/magazines in some (not all) storages. This will enable the possibility of transporting (for example) your own vehicles in a truck.[

- changed: Respawn time system. The respawn time is now resetted whenever the player respawns. Everytime you kill an unwanted player or a cop, the time you need to respawn will increase by 30 seconds.

- added: Hideout is saved. Even after a server restart.

- added: Map on the top right corner of the sat cam which allows the player to teleport the camera by left clicking somewhere

- fixed: Hideouts can not be build near a city anymore

- fixed: Error when opening Parachute

- added: Storages of factories are saved after server restart

- fixed: A lot of different erros when stryker or hmmwv from the guild mission respawned

- added: Login System with Username and Password[

- added: Job system

- added: included Taxidriver, Delivery and Bus mission into the new job system

- added: Job: Trucker (Fuel), Pilot

- fixed: money did not get removed when being arrested

- added: When pressing "Respawn" while stunned, player will be arrested

- fixed: When defusing the same bomb multiple times, the player also received it multiple times

- addon: Added ATM machine (for official Sahrani Life only)

- addon: Added Signs: Checkpoint ahead, Stop (for official Sahrani Life only)

- addon: Added speed bumps which will not make the vehicle explode, burn or destroy the wheels (the wheels sometimes get hit, but not as often as with the roadblock) (for official sl only)

- addon: Added Flashbang (for official SL only)

- changed: Workers are not allowed to carry weapons (they directly drop them)

- changed: Drugs disappear from hideout storage after reconnect

- changed: location of some flags

- changed: new intro

You can download the addonpack <HERE>.

Remember, the Sahrani Life team is still searching people who are familiar to 3D modeling or texturing. If you want to help, feel free to contact us at www.rp-mods.com or using Xfire (issetea) or icq (283776375).

Quote[/b] ]Remember, the Sahrani Life team is still searching people who are familiar to 3D modeling or texturing. If you want to help, feel free to contact us at www.rp-mods.com or using Xfire (issetea) or icq (283776375).

who will want to help u if u ignore everybody? smile_o.gif))

but i will try ur latest version, just curious what that mean -

Quote[/b] ] added: Job: Trucker (Fuel), Pilot

Sahrani Life 1.61 released today!

New features and changes are:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- fixed: Error when opening stat dialog using the main menu

- added: message when accepting truck job

- fixed: Player cannot enter a car when carrying too much anymore

- changed: Shop dialog does not reopen after something has been bought/sold (it stays open)

- added: illegal earnings: when robbing the bank, the player gets illegal money (player cannot buy with that money)

- changed: bank rob money depends on the number of players who are ingame

- fixed: shops in training version

- added: animation when droping items

- added: added GSG9 sniper unit (one slot)

- added: dealer where the player can exchange the money

- fixed: Error when finisheing delivery mission

- fixed: Flashbang now works

- fixed: some unnecessary things were saved on the server

- changed: replaced drug buy and drug sell flags with real civilians (immortal)

- added: Player is able to pay money in order to reset respawn time (civ hospital, cop flag)

- added: if the player is tracked and rejoins the game, the tracker will stay

- added: drug buy dealer moves around (with marker)

- changed: Shop at workplace 3 is now named "sell fish"

- changed: Shop at farming area is now named "sell wheat"

- Fixed: Wrong message is shown when a storage can not carry an item

- changed: Vehicles which were constructed in a factory are now locked when they spawn

I just updated the first page of this topic with the 1.62 and the new 1.63 changelogs.

Fixes and changes in 1.62

- fixed: When too many things were saved, the player could not login anymore

- fixed: Keychain is not saved after restart anymore

- fixed: Errors when doing some jobs

- fixed: Keycain error (scalar bool array string was shown for non existing vehicles)

- fixed: Added nightvision googles to the player when starting weapon license training

- fixed: Produced vehicles did not spawn

- added: an own admin login system

- fixed: Script not found (police leader menu)

- fixed: mayor vote did not work

- fixed: civs cannot enter cop base anymore

- fixed: error when killed by an unnamed person (AI, vehicles...)

- fixed: after killing another person the stat menu was bugged

- added: roadblock in front of the civ hospital (prevents vehicles from entering the hospital)

- fixed: only legal things are sold in player owned shops

- fixed: hunger is resetted when killed

- fixed: cop leader camera works

- changed: Player only gets starting money and (as cop) standard weapons after creating a new account

- fixed: player was not able to drag other people out of a vehicle

Fixes and changes in 1.63

- changed: Cops are able to enter the cop menu in every vehicle

- fixed: sometimes the player was not able to drag other people of of a vehicle although he was armed

- fixed: Radio switching off did not work well

- removed: A few entries from the infotexts of the mainmenu

- added: maximum weight of private and public storages

- added: Convoy will be destroyed if it is idle

- added: the debugvariable can now be changed using the admin menu

- added: using the admin menu, an admin can display hints for all players in different colors

- added: admin dialog now contains lists of items, vehicles, weapons and magazines to spawn

- changed: reworked item info dialog

- added: Inventory item - rum

- added: Inventory item - wine

- added: Inventory item - apple juice

- added: Inventory item - water

- added: Inventory item - salt water

- added: Inventory item - water filter

- added: Inventory item - hotdog

- added: Inventory item - cola

- added: Inventory item - beer

- added: Inventory item - vodka

- added: Factory (Distillery)

- added: Shop for alcohol

- fixed: Error when killed by a bomb

- added: Factory for Juvelery (you can sell them at the bank)

- added: after doing a spreekill, you lose one of your Licenses

- removed: Rifles from rifle shop. Only MP5 is available at rifle shop

- changed: becoming drunk depends on what you drink

- added: Inventory item - gold

- added: Inventory item - gemstones

- added: Inventory item - jewellery

- added: Cops can check how much alcohol a civ has drunk using the civmenu

- changed: No nitro in boats anymore

- changed: Nitro can only be used three times at once

- changed: Prices for heavy weapons and tanks

- removed: M1A1

Greetings,

Issetea

Great stuff Issetea! I have couple of questions:

- is it true that country gets sometimes attacked by OPFOR after couple of hours playtime?

- what is the recommended cop:civilian ratio?

- what is the goal (except having fun all the time) of the game and I wonder if it can be set?

Quote[/b] ]- is it true that country gets sometimes attacked by OPFOR after couple of hours playtime?

Yes, after about 20 hours playtime there is an Invasion (Some BMP/Shilkas and Infantry). You get rewarded for killing their leader.

Quote[/b] ]- what is the recommended cop:civilian ratio?

There are 20 Civ slots and 12 Cop slots so there should be min. 1 cop for 2 civs but it's always better to have more than 1 cop per 2 civs.

Quote[/b] ]- what is the goal (except having fun all the time) of the game and I wonder if it can be set?

We thought about that a lot, but we didn't really find something we could use as a goal. In other rp games the goal is to reach a high level and complete all quests, which would be getting rich and doing some jobs in SL.

Grettings,

issetea

Update:

Changelog for 1.64 added.

- fixed: Heavy vehicle factory

- added: Admins can now use the ingame console in order to kill a player, destroy an object or move a player into prison

- changed: Factory specific items/weapons/vehicles can be stored in the factory storage

- added: The player can join the church and receive free healing

- added: Weapon free zones -> The player will lose all his weapons when entering a weapon free zone (civ only). The weapons can be retrieved at the nearest ammo box at the border.

- added: Message if someone tries to buy drugs while not enough cops are online (Many people thought that it was a bug when the dealer didn't have the shop action)

- changed: Pistol factory is moved

- fixed: player can gather salt water and wheat

- added: cops can now switch the siren light on/off using the vehicle interaction menu (without siren sound). The whole siren can still be switched on/off using the action attached to the vehicle

- added: Russian translation. Special thanks to Bobba

- fixed: Stun and respawn. Player will be arrested automatically

- fixed: If workers get teleported away from prohibited areas, the message does not say that the player has been teleported anymore

- changed: For drug deals there has to be a cop/civ ratio of 1/2

Changelog for hotfix.

- fixed: magazines are stored in the DMZ crate as well

- changed: equipment shop and worker flag switched

- changed: civ storage moved to dmz border

- changed: church can be bought at the church

- fixed: drug dealers

- fixed: storage is saved again

- changed: Mayor can enable the dmz (weapons will be removed), enable the dmz marker (weapons will NOT be removed), or disable the script and marker. Standard is marker only.

- fixed: mayor vote is fixed

- fixed: cop leader cop cam

Changelog updated. The new version will be released soon.

- fixed: message if mayor stays (%1 and %2 were displayed instead of values)

- added: Terrorist mission - player has to kill a randomly selected civ/cop (He is not allowed to kill other then the selected person)

- added: Players can choose their respawn location (Bagango, Terror island, Hideout, City hall)

- fixed: church (free healing at all) works after a reconnect

- fixed: message when getting a new rank displayed "SCALAR" where the points needed for the next rank should be

- changed: admin login now in the main menu

- added: cops can find out who detonated a vehiclebomb by using a vehicleinteraction on destroyed vehicles

- added: bomb planting kit (Helps the player to plant a bomb without leaving any evidence - chance of evidence drops from 100% to 20%. produced at terror factory)

- added: bar-building (can be bought at hideout-objects shop)

- fixed: Siren light only for cops; removed siren light interaction when vehicle is destroyed

- update: credits

- added: Static camera system for cops (preplaced cameras can be selected in a dialog)

- fixed: larger objects spawn further away

- changed: reduced some lag (not sure how much, needs testing on the public server)

- changed: player is not set unwanted after suicide

- fixed: Money exploit

- changed: when packing/deleting the hideout the storage is cleared

- changed: Login button in main menu is only visible while not logged in

- added: Levelsystem -> Player can buy levels for money and receives skill points with each level. Current skills are Strength, Mining and Trading.

- added: Player levels are visible in the stats menu. The stat menu also has a button which opens the leveldialog.

I would like to highlight the most important change for this version:

- added: Levelsystem -> Player can buy levels for money and receives skill points with each level. Current skills are Strength, Mining and Trading.

Greetings,

Issetea

Sahrani Life 1.66 has been released and all player stats have been deleted as announced earlier. Players still need the same addons as for version 1.60 (and all other previous 1.6X versions).

Greetings Issetea

I got trouble. I got addons, but I cant see here and on your forums mirrors for mission. I tried to DL it from your official server After about 1000kB there is "Connection Lost". I eliminated plenty of addons to play that, so can you help me?

Uh, thanks a lot. I will try in a moment. If any other troubles - I will tell immediately.

OK, I played. AND I AM DAMN HAPPY!

I tried to this kind o game for OFP, using CHERNMod. Project stopped, cause I couldnt make scripts for multiplayer saving status.

Now I see its possible!

We got our own MMO in Armed Assault. Our community again proofed that in this game everything is possible!

Well done lads! No! Awesome done lads!

I will be playing for sure!

But here I got small problem. Just few minutes ago I have lost a session with the server. THen I tried to reconect - nothing happens. I refreshed and found that there was 3/32 players. Refreshed again and serwer haven't shown up.

You just stup it down, Am I right? When it will be back?

The server sometimes crashes if it has been full for a while. Anyway since your stats will be saved that shouldn't be a problem.

Note that it sometimes crashes again after a restart because 32 players are trying to connect at the same time.

how about stopping the guys who deathmatch and broke rules

or hack their own server...... wink_o.gif

Heh. There was another crash few seconds ago. Blink maybe is right. There were several gunfights in Bagango with SLA troops and Armour involved.

I'm not playing SL, it's an admins job.

EDIT: btw. what do you mean by saying "or hack their own server"?