Issetea

Sahrani Life

Striker90, +1WL for flaming and foul language.

When did the Sahrani Life project stop using the mission name standard?

The name I mostly see is RPG32 Sahrani_Life v1.25 while the standard should be RPG 32 Sahrani Life v1.25

good ideas are bigger and more important than who thought of it first.

The original developer of the mission and its most popular information website should partner and work together for the sake of the fans.

anything less is just a shame, really.   confused_o.gif

edit LOL @ Celery! rofl.gif

just a question @issetea i read on your site that 1.30 was just released, but it says it can be only run on your server, why arent you realising it to the public for everyone to use

Well surely you could get it from your MP mission cache?

just a question @issetea i read on your site that  1.30 was just released, but it says it can be only run on your server, why arent you realising it to the public for everyone to use

lol, really?

I use only this forum for ArmA news so I didn't even know they have updated their version from 1.25 till 1.30 already smile_o.gif))

Shame to Issetea he has left this forum biggrin_o.gif

By the way, once i've joined their server, kinda week ago or so, and it wasn't fast enough. There is another one SL 24 hours server with much faster connection. I have nothing against issetea's server, i'm just saying the fact.

a friend of mine tried that mp cache thing, the mission itself has something in it where it wont run unless its on his server, some kind of addon needed or something like that, my knowledge isint that great on these kind of things

I just updated information about version 1.30 to 1.32 on the first page of this topic.

Greetings,

Issetea

Issetea decides he wants to make his own forum and server. This comes days after the original forum has announced plans for its own server. Issetea creates his own forum. Why he does this now is unknown. Could it not be supposed if he really cared about the community he might have created his own forum somewhere in the Month and a Half between the creation of the original forum and the creation of his map?

My two cents:

You spend a year making a mission. Then someone else registers a domain name using the name of the mission you created. Personally, I would think that was pretty rude.

It is completely reasonable for the creator of something to want to be the admin of the website related to that thing. If someone else goes and registers "your" domain name, they should at least offer you to be a top-level admin on that site.

IMHO, a more chivalrous approach would have been to tell the creator, "Hello, I am a website designer. I would like to offer you free website hosting on my server for your mission. I will create the site and be a forum admin. If this sounds good to you please register a domain name and point it to this IP: xxx.xxx.etc... Also, I will make you a top-level forum admin."

Something like that. From my (possibly wrong) point of view, that's not what happened. Now, on the other hand, someone was so enamored with Isse's mod, they went and made a whole community in honor of it. That is a good thing. And I don't doubt that if Isse asked, he could have come a forum admin.

Point is, I don't think Isse should be faulted for trying to make a website for his own mod. Especially considering all the bickering that when on at sahrani-life.com.

this thread is going to turn into a flame war tbh...btw, keep up the good work issetea, just ignore them tounge2.gif

this thread is going to turn into a flame war tbh...btw, keep up the good work issetea, just ignore them tounge2.gif

that what he's usually doing - ignoring all around smile_o.gif))

i have never joined sahrani-life.com community and as well i'm not going to join issetea website. I have nothing against this two web resources but I'm just there because of ArmA, not Sahrani Life mission.

Well after reading all this, I was a little shocked? So maybe me coming here asking why his new version wont work on any other server? I soon found out why crazy_o.gif

Any way, i had allot of fun playing it, toying with it, and putting addons into it I done it again.

Here is the addon pack, played in the CAF server. Give it a couple of days for enough people to get it and It will be running.

Addon Pack

There is only a few addons this time.

If your banned from the CAF server, I'm sorry, one of my poorer admins that done this has recently left, PM me your UID and I'll fix it for you.

If any server wants the pbo mission file I'll gladly give it out.

Have Fun

@hellop

Quote[/b] ]If someone else goes and registers "your" domain name,

Its not "your" domain name until you produce the $, who ever pays for it 1st owns it.

I own

www.arma2.co.uk

and

www.ofp2.co.uk

Does this mean codemasters and BI own it even though I have payed, lol

Edit: For information see first page of this topic.

So what your trying to say is:

1) No one is to adapt any version of Sahrani Life

2) No one is to make a profit from selling Sahrani Life (Which I doubt any one is)

3) No one is to edit your work and pass it off as their own (Which I also doubt)

4) You may send original copies of Sahrani Life to any one

Well this is it in a nut shell, If your confirming the above and you have that license, which I'm still looking for, then indirectly your trying to say I'm breaking the regulations of the Creative Commons license you may hold on Sahrani Life?

Just two questions.

1) Why say this now after 963 replies, 65 pages and 38108 Views.

2) Does material made for BI's ARMA, in the mission editor allow you to put a copy right license on it? As I'm confused that a user made mission released into the ARMA community could hold such a license?

Any way I'm in no way able to translate the non human-readable version which go's into depth about it.

If you are indirectly saying that no one can tweak your mission, just say, and I will delete any I have made after reading this post and edit all my threads.

http://www.out-law.com/page-1409

I think that the Creative Commons License is being misrepresented, Commons is for the sole purpose of protecting intellectual property rights whilst allowing projects to continue to grow.

Knowing that Crime City predated Sahrani Life, i think Issetea is going to be challenged if he is attempting to claim rights to the concept, I agree that a great percentage of the coding is his unique work & credit should be given but as far as locking it up to prevent other groups creating variants.........good luck, maybe we will meet in court.

The thing is that we coded everything in the mission by ourselves and now some people are stealing the whole mission and removed all credits and names and call it their own mission. We do not claim copyright or authorship for the concept of an rpg mission or the gameplay elements in it, but solely the code for this particular mission. We do not want our code to be stolen and manipulated by other people, who remove all these credits. Everyone is free to program his own mission, that can be as similiar to SL as it may, just don't use the same code. Since even the filenames of the stolen version (random numbers we use in the encoded versions) are the same and only a few scripts have been changed, I don't see why all the credits (even of all our beta testers and other supporters) are removed.

Normally i wont call people names, but issetea you are ridiculous... You are digging your one's own grave. The work we done is just another edit FROM THE COMMUNITY FOR THE COMMUNITY, something which seems to be totally strange to you, i know.

The thing what did happen are your own fault and as hellop said you could have admin access from the beginning.

The current step you go, show us even more how immature you are and that you have no idea about whatsoever.

We (the nearly 500 Man strong Community) consider this as a second let down of the community.

My conversations with you tell me that you are a arrogant, immature and spoiled Person and i would really like to meet you in Real Life to discuss this under Mens, (if you know what i mean) because somehow i think that parenting has failed at you or i don't know what causes your strange behavior. Maybe its because you just got 18, we don't know...

Anyway, since you keep continue putting oil in the fire, i would like to remember all guys that the story began like this:

Version 1.0 was out - only one Server was playing it.

Version 1.01 was out - only one server was playing it.

Then Jana and me meet during a play on that the server and it was US who thought "Jesus this mission has potential, WE MUST SUPPORT THE CREATORS BY BUYING A SERVER WHO RUNS IT 24/7 AND CREATING A COMMUNITY"

Then Jana bought her famous "Janas Playground" and it was a long time that her server was the only one who kept on playing this and it was our Forum who "developed" things around this mission from a player and admin point of view by creating the server-rules which made the game less DM and more REAL RPG like. This was probably the most advanced step into the right direction.

Any you just stole our hard outworked and tweaked Server-Rules for your lame "official" Servers (which are by the way only a reservoir for all banned by us immature players - as the whole Playerbase knows on which servers to go for real RPG ) even without giving credit or even mention what these are based off.

Furthermore it was OUR Forum and JANAS Server who put and kept this hype around the mission alive, as you stopped developing for many months.

It was me who needed to convince you like 100000 times to register in our Forums and i offered you from the beginning that you can have what EVER YOU WANT in the Forums and BTW you even had nearly full Forum-Admin rights as you were finally registered there.

Still you kept ignoring everything in the Forums and many many members wrote me in this time, pm's like "Does he even give a damn about what we whishing and reporting?" And such things.

Even though the community kept growing and growing, the people made great suggestions and whatnot - you still ignored us and you really LET DOWN the community.

IT was Jana, TeRp and our communtiy who took the initiative and kept it again alive by making our first JT-Edits at points where we saw that the playerbase was shrinking and shrinking because you made no updates/bugfixing anymore.

Do you remember how long (many weeks) i needed to convince you via ICQ to adopt the two most important features from the JT Edit? Sirens and marker-off outside of citys? If we had not developed that in our edit i bet it won't be in your mission even today!

It was undoubtedly US who kept this hype alive and you KICKED THE COMMUNITYS BUTT for it, with all you recent strange actions!!!!

We have a Internal Area in our Forums where the 50-70 most hardcore SL players meet and there is a 1000 post or more long topic about YOU - Only about YOU and your a**hole like behavior and i can tell you: YOU LOST ALL OF YOUR REPUTATION.

You can be really really really glad that i don't have made that topic about you PUBLIC.

And to the question you asked Enverex over ICQ "Should i give up now?":

Yes damn give up now. You have failed!

Normally i don't have the desire to get so exited about all this, but after all I and we have invested in this, after all you damn action (including a hack-attempt in my admin-account on the forums!!!!wink_o.gif there is only one sentence we use in Germany here who points it perfectly (you understand it):

"Es ist ein Arschloch-haftes Verhalten was du hier an den Tag legst - Junge!"

I Warn you, don't go to far with your claims and lies or i will make anything public and this could mean your reputation would sink even more!

"as you stopped developing for many months"

Well, in fact were working on new versions all the time with a small break of one week. Where do you think the new version come from?

About the new features: We need time to write the scripts, so you can't expect anyone to come up with finished scripts right after the suggestions. We also have bugs to fix.

You made a forum for SL and then we made one without trying to fight the old forum. Just after announcing a new forum i was banned on the inofficial forum. As said we decided to make our own forum for SL after you told us that your forum is going to be a forum which will also be about other missions. Anyway why should we not open an official Forum for our mission? That's like BIS without an official ArmA Forum.

BTW why do you edit the mission and remove ALL credits from the mission? AFAIK since 1.00 we have a notice in the readme file concerning edits. And then you accused Fewo and me of stealing code? Again i have to tell you that we wrote all the scripts on our own.

You damn LIAR!

- You tried to recruit my team members and told them like "come join our new "official" forums as we are now the SL-Community"

- You tried to recruit brits XR Server as your new "Official" Server even tough brit is since the beginning tied to our community

- You threatened us and all players on the forums and the servers by saying if we don't join your forums then you wont developing this mission any further or at least you make it only playable in your server (which you finally did). We have 20 screens about that.

- You posted one after another link and lame topic to your forums, in our forums and said all people should rather join there (even tough its forbidden by our rules to advertise other sides - and even more in this rude and asshole way)

- Thats why we banned you

- You tried to hack into my Super-Admin Forums account two times - thats why we deleted your accounts

- And countless more....You uses all dirty weapons to get successfully with your damn Forum (which by the way contains 90% of banned people in our forums/servers).

You are nothing else but a liar, liar, liar and this was my last post in this topic.

People already told me that you don't deserves any attention by us anymore, but i write this because i love justice.

Any because of that i'll add the credits again in our next version.

No go to hell and fail like you deserved it, after all the action you did. Hopefully you boy have learned now for you life that this is the wrong way! Have fun with the banned immature people on your server and Forums.... hahaha

Fewo and me got banned right after our first post concerning a new forum, without even trying to recruit new members. If not enough players are interested in a mission, there is no sense in developing it. Since a lot of people told us that they want new versions of SL, we continue developing the mission.

I'll add in something here

My perspective

People take their own personal time, months, years, to make big missions

What the author of the mission states can and cannot be done with the mission, should be respected.

Any time someone uses someone elses work, and im not talking about 20 lines of code, im talking about entire scripts - the people modifying the work should, without question nor hesitation :

Give full credit for orginal work

Do not modify/remove those credits and attempt to take it as their own

Realize if they thought it was hard enough to build on an already complex mission, try doing it from scratch.

This is partly why my mission wont be released until I am thoroughly satisfied it is in at least an Alpha stage, so people arent out there releasing mine, and CSL's work calling it their own before I've even released a final product.

Cmon!

I feel that if modified versions of this mission here were created that fully gave the proper credit for the original work, the problems here would never have happened.

No wonder there are these flame wars that erupt about Uela's now and again on the forums, not because every author doesent want their work to be contributed to the community for further expansion, but because there is a percentage of people out there that will rip someones hard work and then not even give the original author/authors credit, which is pretty close to calling it their own.

--------------

And wow

I cannot believe the flaming here for someone elses work, regardless of wrong doings..

Im not going to get into this, because I really dont even a have a right

But I'll ask this

Who made this mission (and im not talking about ideas and support, saying "this would be nice" and "keep it up", servers promoting the mission, etc is nothing compared to the work it takes to make it.

Who did the work.

IDK the details here, but it personally annoys me a bit that all this flamming boils down to a certain few people that actually made the core mission are barely getting mentioned, aside from flames.

I think anyone that wants to get severely angry at someone whom created the mission they are building on, should stop working on it, I mean drop it, and make their own, what claims do such people have other wise?? omg I need to leave this

Wow, I am going to be just a little bit more careful about what I do with my mission as release time grows nearer..

Well, I have never taken credit away from Issetea and Fewo in any edit of the mission I have made!

I have however made it so people can have fun in shorter periods of time and put someone custom addons into it.

I do respect it's your work, and hope that people don’t take the credit away from you, but I do think your acting childish over it.

Personally I would take it as a compliment if people wanted to use my work, and mission on their server.

Any way, good luck. The word "Titanic" comes to mind!

You damn LIAR!

- You tried to recruit my team members and told them like "come join our new "official" forums as we are now the SL-Community"

- You tried to recruit brits XR Server as your new "Official" Server even tough brit is since the beginning tied to our community

- You threatened us and all players on the forums and the servers by saying if we don't join your forums then you wont developing this mission any further or at least you make it only playable in your server (which you finally did). We have 20 screens about that.

- You posted one after another link and lame topic to your forums, in our forums and said all people should rather join there (even tough its forbidden by our rules to advertise other sides - and even more in this rude and asshole way)

- Thats why we banned you

- You tried to hack into my Super-Admin Forums account two times - thats why we deleted your accounts

- And countless more....You uses all dirty weapons to get successfully with your damn Forum (which by the way contains 90% of banned people in our forums/servers).

You are nothing else but a liar, liar, liar and this was my last post in this topic.

People already told me that you don't deserves any attention by us anymore, but i write this because i love justice.

Any because of that i'll add the credits again in our next version.

No go to hell and fail like you deserved it, after all the action you did. Hopefully you boy have learned now for you life that this is the wrong way! Have fun with the banned immature people on your server and Forums.... hahaha

Hard language there, I suggest that you read the rules!

Ndition, quoting 3 days old post won't help the moderators in a bit.

If your intent is really to help the moderators, then there's the report button next to the post.

If you're just filtering your anger for being banned from a game server (which mr.g-c surprisingly happens to own), then this is not the right place.