Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

XAM 1.3:05 Released !

I open mission editor, put there a soldier and I don´t see any weapon but I can still shot the weapon... And I don´t see all the others things that was supposed to see... lol

Please help me if you can on this one... It is something I am doing wrong?

Best regards

Focha

hello,

sorry for answering so late but we aren't on the same time zone... wink_o.gif

do you use other mods ?

or did you unstall another mod which remplace the original weapons ?

it's the first time that I heard about that...

for all your bugs report, please post here :

http://time-to-cry.info/xam/forum/index.php

While this mod has some great features, like for example the improvement of the A-10 engines which makes the flying of this aircraft much better and more realistic. It's now a joy to fly the A-10. I also enjoyed very much the new weapon sounds and effects, the new laser designator and the satelitte view in the C&C Stryker.

But unfortunally I have a major complain about this mod which is regarding autorotating helicopters with the engine taken out. With XAM it's simply impossible to do this (autorotating helicopters). I tested such situations several times, specially with the AH-1Z and in the situations where without the XAM mod I was able to land sucessfully after autorotating (situations which I strongly believe would also be sucessfull in the real world) are now simply impossible with XAM! This makes ArmA with XAM almost unplayable to me since the AH-1Z is perhaps my favourite vehicle in ArmA and the one that I use the most (when the missions have it). Also note that this also seems to happen with the Ka-50 too.

So first I want to request here that this issue could be fixed in the future, in order to improve the otherwise great mod.

Secondly and in the meanwhile I want to ask if there is a way to play with the unmodded choppers (instead of the XAM ones) while having the rest of the XAM improvements? Thanks in advance for replies...

Why not releasing just a patch for XAM v1.3?

Instead of downloading 1.23 GB and wasting time? sad_o.gif

But well done! Nice mod! biggrin_o.gif

I don't know, but I guess that if they could have done it, they would. wink_o.gif

1000 download in 14 hours... tounge2.gif

Isn't the artillery really annoying and unrealistic? if your aspecial op sneaking around behind enemy lines and you want to call in an artillery strike you have to have a humvee and a command striker....come on guys...it's silly.

Impi

I open mission editor, put there a soldier and I don´t see any weapon but I can still shot the weapon... And I don´t see all the others things that was supposed to see... lol

Please help me if you can on this one... It is something I am doing wrong?

Best regards

Focha

hello,

sorry for answering so late but we aren't on the same time zone... wink_o.gif

do you use other mods ?

or did you unstall another mod which remplace the original weapons ?

it's the first time that I heard about that...

for all your bugs report, please post here :

http://time-to-cry.info/xam/forum/index.php

Hi there Naash,

I guess not. The only mods I have are those that I have to place "-mod=@XXX". What I did for XAM was to create an independent shortcut to XAM only. So I guess it would not cause any type of problem since I made one different shortcut only for XAM. But when I make a mission with a normal soldier I don´t see any weapons visually but I can still shot the weapon. For example if I choose the SF soldier I only see the M9 SD but i don´t have any MP5 or M4. If I choose sniper with guillie I don´t see the sniper weapon I only have a M9 as the SF. Vehicles so far are good. So I don´t really know what is happening but if I can´t resolve I will have to reinstall ArmA again. I did not had any previous XAM addon installed nor weapons replacements (at least those that replace the original files) I only have mods that I have to manual select it with the "-mod=@XXX" on shortcut.

If I cannot find any solution I will reinstalled ArmA and see if I can solve this one.

Anyway any help is welcome.

I am sure that if the mod is all about realism so I want it and it worth it to download +1Gb. And from movies that I saw it is awesome. So if I cannot make it work by the hard way it will be the easy way (I just have to download patch again and the work of the reinstall).

Best regards to all.

Focha

Ok ... im confused and frustrated on calling artillery / air stike even after reading and following the English guide.

1. I have a spotter and have required my coordinates

2. (quote from the guide) :

Quote[/b] ]

Transmit the target position using hummer or BRDM radio

Once you know the target coordinates, you need to send them to the fire base.

- Climb in a vehicle (hummer or BRDM)

- Select “radioâ€

- Choose “field artilleryâ€

- Enter the coordinates (X first then Y) **where???**

- Radius

- Type of shell

I get into the hummer and open radio, request field artillery, I get a go ahead and then the other two option show up for coords / radius etc ... but ... theres no boxes to type anything in!?? This was the same with Xam 1.3 and I didn't have the hummer, thought that was my big mistake, so now I do have the hummer and command and control stryker I still cant enter coords ... i've never got any further than this point ... please help anyone, what the hell am I missing / where EXACTLY do I enter the coords on the radio???

Do I need another unit as "fire base" or something, or is this automated script and you ONLY need a spotter, hummer & C&C Stryker (of which I have all but still cant enter coords anywhere).

because you need to place a command stryker too.

to request arty you need :

- a spotter

- a radio (hummer or command stryker)

- a CP (aka Command stryker)

everything is explained in the tactical guide, if I well remember... whistle.gif

Ok thanks, guess what, I had it all working, but ....

Black text in a Black box on a near to Black background on Gamma set to 0.7 = never see where to enter coords band.gif

Dear me, all this time it was there I just couldn't "see" it.

I would say to the Mod maker(s) to at least change the radio so the coords/radius boxes use a white box, and white text, or if it has to be all black, at least give it a white background much the same as the drop down list.

All running fine now, just up my gamma in game when calling a strike ... loving being in a city and air dropping a fat one not too far away.

pistols.gif

im not a forum mod, but someone needs to say it.

please discuss this mod, feedback etc and not your DL problems.  i DL'ed it from armaholic w/out issue and fast too.

thanks for the update xam team, checking it out tonight... you guys are great.

Well ,if there's a problem with their download links and server...they need to know that now don't they...duh

armaholic worked fine for me,(thanks Betsalel ) it was the OTHER download link that was messed up.

WarWolf @ Oct. 29 2007,10:48)]Is it known why XAM running on an MP client machine can cause multiple other clients not running XAM to CTD, and sometimes the server itself to crash when not running XAM?

Looking at the video it is a crying shame that those problems have existed. I would like to run XAM also, but..

So hence the question: why does this happen, and how / when will this be corrected?

It would be good to see the "NO XAM" banners removed soon, if possible?

big big issue which the XAM makers ignore since 1.3 was released, therefore this mod should be banned from all servers! i know many server admins who are extremely pissed and BIS should do something against it too, if the french wont do anything about it!

I work actively on the resolution of this problem.

A fix will be can released in the next days for this major issue.

Thank you to leave a message if you to meet server crash.

I work actively on the resolution of this problem.

A fix will be can released in the next days for this major issue.

Thank you to leave a message if you to meet server crash.

thx alot snake, a fix is needed, some idiots use XAM to annoy people on servery by crashing them.

Ok heres my gripe

When in the TC mode,you can lock a target using the num/ key and track its movement...BUT...as soon as you switch back to command computer mode(V key),the view switchs back to a defaut view looking North.Is there any way you can change it so it maintains the tracking view direction when the mode switch is made?Its disorienting switching between the two.Also what does the "U S" button (next the stop button)stand for?

What I would rather have...and this is just a suggestion...is to have the "Move turret" and "target Hostile" button on the TC view and allow it to command fire,and leave the "Command computer mode" view be strictly a map view for tactical commands.This would emulate the real deal of the Commander Over-ride taking targeting and fire control.Just a thought.

Or even better!!...have only the 1 view but toggle the TC and map,one mode to the other, and leave the buttons and function where the are.So they share the buttons.

While this mod has some great features, like for example the improvement of the A-10 engines which makes the flying of this aircraft much better and more realistic. It's now a joy to fly the A-10. I also enjoyed very much the new weapon sounds and effects, the new laser designator and the satelitte view in the C&C Stryker.

But unfortunally I have a major complain about this mod which is regarding autorotating helicopters with the engine taken out. With XAM it's simply impossible to do this (autorotating helicopters). I tested such situations several times, specially with the AH-1Z and in the situations where without the XAM mod I was able to land sucessfully after autorotating (situations which I strongly believe would also be sucessfull in the real world) are now simply impossible with XAM! This makes ArmA with XAM almost unplayable to me since the AH-1Z is perhaps my favourite vehicle in ArmA and the one that I use the most (when the missions have it). Also note that this also seems to happen with the Ka-50 too.

So first I want to request here that this issue could be fixed in the future, in order to improve the otherwise great mod.

Secondly and in the meanwhile I want to ask if there is a way to play with the unmodded choppers (instead of the XAM ones) while having the rest of the XAM improvements? Thanks in advance for replies...

Well I've found a solution for that problem of mine which was to remove the "air.pbo" file from the XAM mod addon folder and with this I had a secondary improvement (at least to me) which is that now I can slightly zoom the view while on the helicopter's cockpit. But I still think it would be a great idea that those issues could be fixed in the future, they IMO kill gameplay a bit (the ability to zoom in the cockpit should also IMO be kept as with the unmodded version).

I also agree with what 343rdBadger said.

One thing I forgot to ask...

With my setup ,I cant give any commands to the gunner (or anyone else)while in TC mode..is that normal?

Isn't the artillery really annoying and unrealistic? if your aspecial op sneaking around behind enemy lines and you want to call in an artillery strike you have to have a humvee and a command striker....come on guys...it's silly.

Impi

so, let's talk about field arty. wink_o.gif

I agree in a part of your speech.

But, once the spotter locked his target, he has to send his fire mission request to...

...the arty unit !

and that's where we are !

the stryker is the field arty command post, that's all !

so, it's not so silly.

whistle.gif

the stryker is the field arty command post, that's all !

so, it's not so silly.

whistle.gif

Thats fair enough, but would it be possible to have a man portable radio instead of having to take a HMMVV with you wherever you go to do spotting? smile_o.gif

that's what I asked too : a radioman, or just a radio in the inventory (same weight that an AT weapon). wink_o.gif

but a hummer is not compulsory : you just need a spotter and a stryker (but, a player will have to stay inside).

I can run this with True Mods, the new recoil, the new ballistics and scope fix no problem, but this damn thing will not accept DM's smoke effects for nothing no matter what order or what i rename mod folders to. crazy_o.gif lol Driving me to the point of murdering someone here. lol nener.gif

how do you lift a vehicle with the chopper ? the H cargo is the UH 60 transport ? because i put an UH60 transport at 10 meter above a m113 but there is no message available to attach the vehicle confused_o.gif

Yep thats exactly the mod's I meant. Works fine. smile_o.gif

Are there any other mirrors for the "US" release.

It took more than 4 hours because of the server was in heavy use, and all i got was an corrupted download.

I use an download manager and never had that problem, if the files on the server where ok.

So any mirrors would be nice.

Are there any other mirrors for the "US" release.

So any mirrors would be nice.

The armaholic.com mirror can be found here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1758

However, it would be appreciated if you could specify from where you dowloaded the bugged file so the hoster can take a look into it. wink_o.gif

Thanks for the mirror.

I downloaded the file from the only available mirror provided for the US version of XAM 1.3:05. wink_o.gif