Sign in to follow this  
-AIF- Kris

Band Of Brothers Mod

yeah btw, if you are going to make a map, you can also use my WWII object pack that I made for OFP... only I used COD2 textures, so if you don't want them, change them wink_o.gif

yeah btw, if you are going to make a map, you can also use my WWII object pack that I made for OFP... only I used COD2 textures, so if you don't want them, change them wink_o.gif

Dude i would love them that would help out so much on some of the Islands please by all means send me what you have biggrin_o.gif and again thanks man

go on ofp.info, download all the stuff I made for WWII wink_o.gif

search for "Linker Split"

Thanks Buddy m8 and this is really great news people like you and MehMan will get this Mod going faster. Thank You

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Now on a different note i need your guys thoughts on the islands were planning on Making :-

France style = Lots of Fields/Hay/Lil Forests/and a few Villages (like Carentan)

Holland style = Basically like French style except bigger Villages and more Tank Warfare

Holland/German Boarder style = Forest/lil Villages/fields with hay/SNOW/Fox holes

M8 please by all means get your mod going, I WONNA PLAY UR MOD LOL. If you do get anything going and your willing to help out i will accept WITHOUT questions buddy inlove.gif lol. Anyway m8 keep Posting and GL with your mod hope mogadishu... goes well biggrin_o.gif. (and im guessing ur an Island maker lol COULD REALLY USE U down the track wink_o.gif )

Kris @ Oct. 20 2007,16:33)]Now on a different note i need your guys thoughts on the islands were planning on Making :-

France style = Lots of Fields/Hay/Lil Forests/and a few Villages (like Carentan)

Holland style = Basically like French style except bigger Villages and more Tank Warfare

Holland/German Boarder style = Forest/lil Villages/fields with hay/SNOW/Fox holes

For your model of Normandy, I'd hope you'd at least include a

representation of Brecourt manor. It was one of the most

famous actions fought by E coy 501st PI and a model of small

unit tactics.

"Holland/German Boarder"? I think you mean Belgium.

Bastogne (if that's what you mean) was (and is) firmly within

Belgium.

LoL yes Belgium and of course i will Include that proberally the second Mission that will be made wink_o.gif just gonna be hard to make a decent Trench system but ill cross that bridge when its closer to the time hehe ;P

Kris @ Oct. 20 2007,17:23)]... gonna be hard to make a decent Trench system...

This is a problem for any portrayal of WW2 warfare in ArmA.

Foxholes will probably be quite hard to do well also.

are u gonna use the DC3 from QG and paint it olive green with a star on the side.

or make your own C47?

are u gonna use the DC3 from QG and paint it olive green with a star on the side.

or make your own C47?

were gonna make our own in which u can stand up in and jump of urself wink_o.gif so is gonna really interesting cant wait biggrin_o.gif

Kris @ Oct. 20 2007,18:29)]

or make your own C47?

were gonna make our own in which u can stand up in and jump of urself wink_o.gif so is gonna really interesting cant wait biggrin_o.gif

And bam, you've just hit an ArmA limitation: no walking inside vehicles. The only option to get out is the eject option.

Also, don't post pictures over 100kbs.

Kris @ Oct. 20 2007,18:29)]

or make your own C47?

And bam, you've just hit an ArmA limitation: no walking inside vehicles. The only option to get out is the eject option.

Also, don't post pictures over 100kbs.

:O alright well still ur gonna be able to jump out of a Plane but u dont really do it often in the movie wink_o.gif anyway keep u guys posted thumbs-up.gif

Are you aiming for a release of everything? ie from d-day to Germany. Or, are you going to release a bit at a time? For example starting with the Normandy drop.

Might be easier to do the latter as mods that start with big goals tend to struggle as time goes on.

Are you aiming for a release of everything? ie from d-day to Germany. Or, are you going to release a bit at a time? For example starting with the Normandy drop.

Might be easier to do the latter as mods that start with big goals tend to struggle as time goes on.

Yea we are gonna release parts at a time then put it all toghter with a few extra missions wink_o.gif

Good luck with the project, starting out as something as epic and as broad as a "band of brother mod" is definitely not the easy option that’s for sure.

I hope you realise your dreams, but don’t be disappointed if it all fails horribly, I don’t mean this in a negative way, but arma has a tendency of having plenty of "idea" mods, but lacks people to bring them to life.

As people say, best bet is to start small, write down everything you are going to need for the mod, and try and make plenty of contacts.

This is what I can offer you, from previous experience in the community.

Good luck

Nick

[AIF] Kris Don't hotlink pics over a 100kb. Please review the rules!

I agree with Smiley_Nick.

You can see that it generates alot of interest (upsets me lil that Pacific doesn't generate as much and I actually find it more exciting)

Such a big project.Would love to have it in Arma.

Ty all and i will be showing you guys some WIPS in the next week or so biggrin_o.gif (and Sorry about the pics hehe).

...so get moving so I don't have to love all the way to the US of A next time we have a clan game. Good luck, I'll tell you firsthand that modding ain't an easy job.

...so get moving so I don't have to love all the way to the US of A next time we have a clan game. Good luck, I'll tell you firsthand that modding ain't an easy job.

lol thanks for the Support cam icon_rolleyes.gif

Just a lil thing these three weopons will be getting Textured soon smile_o.gif (Most Thank MehMan for these lovely weopons thanks alot).

Kar98.jpg

MP40.jpg

This Weopon is going to be changed a lil (thanks MehMan &  Invasion44) the sight in the middle of the Barrel is going to be taken of wink_o.gif

Mg34.jpg

now we need Another Modeller to make us some more Great weopons (Stg 44/Mg42/Panzerfast/Thompson/M1 Grand/M1 Carbine/the list could go on wink_o.gif the more weopons the more fun)