Sign in to follow this  
deady

Admins reclaim control over your servers!

I installed the new beta dedicated server on my server, and i'm happy to see that people connecting with invalid arma IDs are now immediately disconnected!

This is very good news since it now means an ID ban actually means something.

Go upgrade!

Where can you get this dedicated server beta, I'm trying to spread the word but I can't find it. Is it just the beta for linux?

Where can you get this dedicated server beta, I'm trying to spread the word but I can't find it. Is it just the beta for linux?

Grab it here: click.

It's a new beta of dedicated server for Windows only (v. 1.08.5169)

The handling of invalid CD keys is nice. But i still miss the "Reassign/Restart" fix for MultiPlayer confused_o.gif

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Hello,

in response to the topic line:

It is a good thing that the ID checking function starts to work but our ArmA server stays offline until the security issues have been dealt with.

As long as the admin can be locked out I wouldn't sleep very will with a running armaserver process on my server.

When you have to "reclaim your server", it is already to late.

Hello,

in response to the topic line:

It is a good thing that the ID checking function starts to work but our ArmA server stays offline until the security issues have been dealt with.

As long as the admin can be locked out I wouldn't sleep very will with a running armaserver process on my server.

When you have to "reclaim your server", it is already to late.

Have you tried having signature checking enabled?  Really, I have very little trouble with hackers with that on.

Nice one, will be installing this on our clan server later. Nice to know its sorted smile_o.gif

It's Windows only at the moment as far as I can see, however I think the Linux Dedicated Server will be updated soon, else they wouldn't have added this in the change log:

Quote[/b] ]5164 - Fixed: spinning in select() on Linux Dedicated Server

JasonO the linux server was updated a few days ago already with

these fixes and got another update today. wink_o.gif

PS: Check the linux beta thread.

By the way, does anyone know if the person connecting with an invalid key gets a proper message saying "your key is invalid"? Or am I going to have a bunch of "WHY WAS I KICKED" threads on our forum?

By the way, does anyone know if the person connecting with an invalid key gets a proper message saying "your key is invalid"? Or am I going to have a bunch of "WHY WAS I KICKED" threads on our forum?

Good question. The server didnt kick someone automatically since it runs the beta, so i've actually no idea what it'll say.

BTW ... does the beta run propper on you servers? We had 2 crashes this evening .. and that are 2 more than we have usually. confused_o.gif

You will get an 'invalid key' message on your screen, and you'll have to press OK to confirm. There shouldn't be any confusion about the reason you were kicked.

I highly doubt this is going to block all pirate CD keys. Just the obvious ones.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's hardly anything to get excited about. It's easy to get a pirate key that the server will think is original.

So it's still up to the admins to keep a close eye on servers and do what you can to keep things under control. Don't expect this little update to help you.

At the very least, it means no more typing #userlist each time a player joins.

does the server exe included with queens gambit include this?

I doubt it, QG was released before this. Rather download the new one.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but here goes...

I have tested the beta on my Windows server. It has crashed a couple times, and I don't know if other people have notice... But the group link scripts don't run on the server for some reason???

I thought it was a problem with the mission I made, so I looked at the mission but I couldn't see any problems. After replacing the beta with the old 1.08 server exe, everything was working fine again???

Looking at the log, I can't see that it has any other changes that can possibly effect the way group link runs!

Any ideas?