Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

Trying to nitpick.. :P

okey.. here goes. as i understand ARMA, the north and south sahranians are from the same ethnic/race/people right? so why the south armies look like US army and the SLA look, well.. like russian? (OFP kind russian)... for me, the civilians too, looked like US troops.

to make myself feels better, i guess i have to imagine that the us and racs are fighting russian dress in sla uniforn. just like in korean war, soviet planes, bearing the chinese marking, but flown by the russians...

just nitpicking... nener.gif

likewise with the japanese comic books. somewhere in that book there IS a note that she's eighteen.

likewise with ArmA my friend, they might carry russian arms, have russian faces, uniforms, vehicles, a tattoo of the CCCP on their arm... the booklet says they're not russian wink_o.gif .

Too bad though, I know it's because of the childhood Maruk had, but for us it's less exiting to be playing american vs commie over and over and over again.

Quote[/b] ]for me, the civilians too, looked like US troops.

I think they look more like beach bums.

I brought a similiar issue up a few weeks ago. North and South Sahrani are ethnically the same people, just in two different states. Yet, the South Army has Africans and the North is all white.

I brought a similiar issue up a few weeks ago. North and South Sahrani are ethnically the same people, just in two different states. Yet, the South Army has Africans and the North is all white.

exactly my point sevan... but the civillians are all same.. irregardless of which nationality they are. and they have blacks too... so that put to my conclusion - the SLA are russian troops wearing SLA uniform.. (mercs if u will, hehehe)

or maybe in northern sahrani, there are a warrior caste.. only russian looking dudes may join the army - or the armed forces for that matter... wow_o.gif

I think the idea behind it all is that they may be the same people from the start, but since the north is/was a communist country and a dictatorship it may be a closed country (as in people are not free to come and go as they like). It also being a communist country meant it probably was supported by the Soviet Union at some point which is why it has soviet equipment. The south is a democracy, like the UK and many other european countries that also have a monarchy. Its pro-western stance and democratic government have meant that it is supported by the west, and probably has more immigration, emigration and tourism, hence the more mix of racial types.

Clears things up guys?

bootneckofficer

SLA has some leftover Soviet configs that BIS forgot to remove.

But if you want a story behind it, maybe the darker people just prefer the warm climate of the South. smile_o.gif

Hi,

There are two prison camps in the north: they can be recognised by the double rows of wire fences and watch towers looking inwards instead of outwards as on the military bases. The large chimney at the larger prison camp in particular gives this facility an unsettling impression. The burnt and destroyed houses present in the various villages right next to untouched ones is reminiscent of the former Yugoslavia in the early 1990's and may suggest some ethnic cleansing has been going on in the DRS.

Regards,

Sander

Guest Ti0n3r

That facility is actually used as a concentration camp in Royal Flush, but by the royals.

Is the southern government democratic? I thought the support by the US just came because of the South's pro-US stance not it's political organization.

Yes, it seems the best reason is leftover OPF soviets code for the SLA, in the same why as RACS are called "resistance". Not the creative explanations people have come up with.

Yes, it seems the best reason is leftover OPF soviets code for the SLA, in the same why as RACS are called "resistance". Not the creative explanations people have come up with.

yeah i thought so too... then again i thought maybe there's story behind it, so i started this thread. just try to bring the humour and smiles... maybe be a bit imaginative, and see what stories can the community come up with. biggrin_o.gif

I just thought it was interesting and whether there was some purpose behind it smile_o.gif other then old code.

If it's simply a matter of forgotten code, shouldn't it be treated as a bug? if thats the correct word to use. and would a patch be able to fix this "bug".