Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

CBF Shipbuilding

All is going throught my head is that episode of "Dogfights" call "The death of the Japanese Navy".

I just can imagine the possible escenarios...

I'm really looking forward for this.

Woohoo, HMS Ocean at last (or at least from what I can make out?)

Assuming she is who I think she is, can we expect deployable landing craft (Excuse me for having a temporary brain fart as to their actual name). Either way, looking very swish.

Yes these would be AWSOME for missions!!! PLZ biggrin_o.gif

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0....CAC

yes the Battleship Hybrid is the Hyuga or Ise from late WW2.

Most of it is currently a direct port from SH4, however, I had to remove a large number of faces (railings etc) from the orginal and whats left I am not entirely happy with so what you currently see will be scrapped in time, with a full new build already planned.  The new build will include some interior including a way to get to the top of the superstructure and towers.  The turrets are complete new builds and have more detail to be added.

One of the reasons I chose the Ise was that flightdeck at the rear which in Arma means its a multi role ship.  I will be 'modernising' the ship removing the mast at the rear to make helo work easier, the 2 mid turrets will be repalced with SAM systems to allow for better engagement vs aircraft.  There will be 6 5inch guns total, 3 each side and the main forward armament of twin 14inch guns will be maintained. Other CIWS will be used too  The idea is to make it a vessel that when placed is more more than a peice of scenery, if if its use is out of context of the real ships.  One nice thing about ArmA, you can use these rather expensive concept ideas at 0 cost to taxayers..

I could produce a WW2 variant, but woudl likely be afterwards an onyl if there is sufficant demand, as may be clear I am uign it to test ideas etc out as its got some useful thoeritical flexibility.

As for the other ship, yes its HMS Ocean, I have 1:192 scale plans I am working from along wth a nice cutaway from the RN's Navy News Poster (even shows where the Ops room is!!!wink_o.gif.  Its not going to be 100% for a number of reasons but will be as good as I can get with the material I have.  (and worse.. she is docked less than 75miles from me!!wink_o.gif

Ocean btw is not a true Aicraft carrier, although when compared to say Invincible she is almost as capable, although she does lack the ski-jump which restricts the loading.

The 'Docks' are big enough to take these ships and I hope to let them get seen in the not to distant future.

As for release... Alphas may happen, although much will depend on the nature of what I have left to do, the current Ise techically I cannot let out otherwise I infringe copyright, although the rebuild could get out relatively early.

Assuming she is who I think she is, can we expect deployable landing craft (Excuse me for having a temporary brain fart as to their actual name). Either way, looking very swish.

Sorry to say but well oustide my scope...

I will be attempting to produce those used by the RN/RM

Thanks CBFASI for the updates - all looks awesome mate - very best of luck with the project! smile_o.gif

Stew

Catch me on msn or TS and I may be able to give you something a little special - 3 years or so ago I contacted Griffon who make the RM Hover and asked them for some blueprints - they sent me the full nine yards, military fittings as well (I'd was hoping at best for the civilian blueprints) - They're lurking somewhere on this pc or the old one.

Wow this looks really really good, cant wait for this to be released. Keep it up CBF biggrin_o.gif

Catch me on msn or TS and I may be able to give you something a little special - 3 years or so ago I contacted Griffon who make the RM Hover and asked them for some blueprints - they sent me the full nine yards, military fittings as well (I'd was hoping at best for the civilian blueprints) - They're lurking somewhere on this pc or the old one.

Yeah I can't remember where but I saw site somewhere cpl yrs ago or so that had bluprints of military plane, ships,tanks am others will do some looking around. Not positive but WWW.military.com might have some stuff we'll check.

An forgot very nice work missed out of the naval side of things for OFP so definatly looking forward too it for ArmA!!!

BTW TY for doin this u say there outside your capabilities, I wish I knew a 1/4 of what you all are doing...an making this stuff possible that you'd only be able to dream about seeing in other games!!!!

Yeah I can't remember where but I saw site somewhere  cpl yrs ago or so that had bluprints of military plane, ships,tanks am others will do some looking around. Not positive but WWW.military.com might have some stuff we'll check.

An forgot very nice work missed out of the naval side of things for OFP so definatly looking forward too it for ArmA!!!

BTW TY for doin this u say there outside your capabilities, I wish I knew a 1/4 of what you all are doing...an making this stuff possible that you'd only be able to dream about seeing in other games!!!!

Its very very hard to find plans at the level of detail or scale that are really suitable for building models like I do.

I found a good French site, if you want French Navy ships that is, including full deckplans!! (includes Brazil's latest carrier! ex Foch...)

The LCAC is not outside my ability, just of of scope of my project plans, mainly as I think its already planned (and I think I have seen piccies too) by others. Some may think duplications are nice as it gives a bit of variation but I am not keen on spending time on a duplicate when there is plenty to otherwise do.

Yeah thats ok just seeing what your doin will be awsome in itself just thought they'd be nice for insertion an extraction for various missions etc. keep up the good work can't wait for a release!

any update on this project?

BTW, Ocean is an LPH (Landing Platform (Helicopter) not a carrier.

Any chance of the LPD's, Bulwark & Albion as well, in time???

No update as yet, and I am shortly going to take a 3 week vacation to visit family.

This means no news until 2008 unless I got the build bug again before the weeks out.

LPD and the new LSL replacements are planned, however I will be also be dusting off the older era ships that have alrady been built for Flk but require an update to add better functionality in ArmA (also most need the underwater portions of the hulls built). Of these older ships first will likely be the LSL or 'Sir' class as its one the better ships I built (maybe as it was amongst the last under Flk)

This add on will add the necessary reality dimension to MP missions, and should have been something that the BI guys should have included in the original build. Currently the zodiac and rhib are not realistic for such things as a beach assault (i mean how did they get there??)

I am not a model builder, but i am a software engineer. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of this addon so if you need any help with any scripting or C++ let me know, if only to speed things up a bit !

Sometimes i just dont have enough patience......

The ships will nade as MP compatible as possible,avoiding scripts that are not MP friendly, in fact at the moment the only script places them..

Back, and the trip from Dover to Dunkerque gave me lots of new ideas (in fact more like more realism to ideas I have had before)

I hope to start workign on things again in the near future, just a matter of state of mind.

Cb.

Thanks for the update CB, I understand that modelling is time consuming and irritatating.

As one of many fans, I hope you get the modelling / building 'mojo' back. notworthy.gif

Stew  thumbs-up.gif

You realize you just dug up a 8+ month old inactive thread to ask for news, right? Tsk tsk. wink_o.gif

I am curious as well though, but if they don't post there probably isn't any news. It would be nice to have some ships though. Let's hope he's still around.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any news? I miss some ships in ArmA...

Since CBFASI isnt around atm I hope he wont mind me chipping in...

The last time i spoke to him (about 4 weeks ago) he was very busy with the real world and didn't have much, if any free time for modding.  

Since he hasn't been online much recently i suspect that there hasn't been a huge amount of progress. So it safe to assume there won't be much to report.

Redacted.

I see my topic got woke up.

(thanks for covering for me Rock)

Update..

1982: Flashpoint in the Falklands Ships

I have been asked by a number of people to be allowed to port these to ArmA.

RACS team have asked

They are granted to use:

HMS Hermes,

Type 21,

Type 42,

Fearless

Prototype001 has also asked but I am awaiting his return contact.

I personally will be rebuilding some for improved versions, mostly the merchants in this case.

Once you have contacted me regarding conversion to ArmA of the ships PLEASE contact me via MSN as I wish to discuss the details so I can be certain you know all that is needed to know about what your askiing for.  Permission is unlikely to be refused BUT MUST BE ASKED FOR

Non Falklands work.

Yes I have done very very little in the last 9 months, a number of reasons all involved RL matters.

Recent nudges from friends etc have started to draw my attention back to ArmA and my sub projects.

Both HMS Ocean and IJN Ise are still targeted for completion.

Some smaller vessels have been made too

A small test island with a dockyard and naval base has been built.  Was built just for me to muck about on but I believe it will also make a nice little island to work with for others.

Do not expected a sudden rush of updates etc, RL is still having a major affect on my time.

Cb.