Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

QG and dedicated servers.

My dedicated server is here next to me. Is it a simple case of upgraded it's Arma to QG?

If the server is running the expansion, can players without it still join?

Yes, QG will run on your dedicated server by upgrading.

People without QG will still be able to join, unless you're running a map that uses QG addons (like the island of Porto, or the DC3).

My dedicated server is here next to me. Is it a simple case of upgraded it's Arma to QG?

If the server is running the expansion, can players without it still join?

When you get your server up could you post back here to let us know wink_o.gif

yes it does work. People without QC they can join. As soon as a QC map comes up like "urban raid" in porto, players without QC installed are getting kicked.

My question is:

When we run the arma_server.exe do we have to run it with the QC mod? i.e. on the shortcut put: -mod=DBE1?

Good point Tomcat. There's loads of questions unanswered.

My question is:

When we run the arma_server.exe do we have to run it with the QC mod? i.e. on the shortcut put: -mod=DBE1?

If you want to access the content which a part of DBE1 "mod" (that is United Sahrani + Merc units), you need to add -mod=DBE1 the same way you would do it for a client.

When i installed QC on the server for the first time i just run my old shortcut...without the DBE1 mod. However i could still play the "Urban Raid" on the server. So leading from your advice and to clarify things

1. Do you say that in order to play the "Urban Raid" coop map correctly, QC mod DBE1 has to run in both the client and the server?

2. Is this necessary for the new content (units + island) to work properly or is necessary for servers that they have equalmodrequired=1?

3. Does this mean that any missions that they are using community addons (units, vehicles etc) in order to play properly that have to run both on server and client?

My question is:

If you want to access the content which a part of DBE1 "mod" (that is United Sahrani + Merc units), you need to add -mod=DBE1 the same way you would do it for a client.

If I'm reading that right; if we run the game with the QG mod, it will still be fully backwards compatible with all vanilla 1.08 clients, missions and addons?

When i installed QC on the server for the first time i just run my old shortcut...without the DBE1 mod. However i could still play the "Urban Raid" on the server. So leading from your advice and to clarify things

1. Do you say that in order to play the "Urban Raid" coop map correctly, QC mod DBE1 has to run in both the client and the server?

2. Is this necessary for the new content (units + island) to work properly or is necessary for servers that they have equalmodrequired=1?

3. Does this mean that any missions that they are using community addons (units, vehicles etc) in order to play properly that have to run both on server and client?

Anyone knows the answers to these questions?

Anyone knows the answers to these questions?

1. QG is divided into two parts, as it seems. One part is in the DBE1 folder, another part is in the Addons folder. The island of Porto is in the Addons folder for example, whereas e.g. the mercenary units are in the DBE1\Addons folder. So this means that some of the MP maps could be played without actually enabling the DBE1 mod (e.g. if you use Porto, but not the HMMWV limo), but it is depending on the map's layout. YMMV...

2. No. equalmodrequired could help, but then again will exclude anyone that has enabled more mods than just QG.

3. Yes. If a map contains specific addons, both server and client need them loaded to play that map.

Is this going to get really messy?

Just add -mod=DBE1 to the server shortcut and everything will be fine, and how its suppost to be smile_o.gif

Just add -mod=DBE1 to the server shortcut and everything will be fine, and how its suppost to be smile_o.gif

yes i do understand that...but then that means for every addon we need to run them server and client...? or is it on specific addons.

I have been saying that..for ages since OFP..but when addons, mods etc are launched...noone is making it clear if they are server, client or both installed.

Hi all,

I don't know if it's that easy to install QG on a server sad_o.gif

We uploaded the QG content files including every new addon and every original ArmA addon that had been changed. The islands appear in the mission selection. The original QG missions start without problems. We've disabled every community addon in order to avoid incompatibilities - no success.

I've placed some QG jeeps and soldiers lonely on Porto but the server is still denying every mission with QG content saying that dbe1 is not there anymore sad_o.gif "The mission is depending on downloaded content that has been deleted: dbe1"

We don't know for sure if it's a problem with the linux server or queens gambit.

Here's how we start the linux arma and queens gambit

Quote[/b] ]

${SERVER} >>${LOGFILE} 2>&1 -server -config=${CONFIG} -port=${PORT} -pid=${PIDFILE} -mod=aglt_basic_pack_103\;aglt_desert_mod_102\;aglt_erweiterung_mod_101\;dbe1

Today I've installed QG on the windows dedicated server and tried to load QG just like any other mod via -mod=DBE1

Still no success sad_o.gif I need help sad_o.gif

The pickup trucks with pk's in the back always produce a missing mod error even when running queens gambit by shortcut. The ones with the heavy MG (Dhsk?) guns are fine.

@ Oct. 06 2007,02:10)]The pickup trucks with pk's in the back always produce a missing mod error even when running queens gambit by shortcut. The ones with the heavy MG (Dhsk?) guns are fine.

Oh no sad_o.gif

Okay I'll tried it smile_o.gif Thanks for the info smile_o.gif

Edit:

By the allspark! You were right! crazy_o.gifwow_o.gif After I changed the PK jeeps to Dshkm jeeps everything was ok! Thank you, thank you, thank you, KilJoy smile_o.gif