Sign in to follow this  
Rg

TrueMods - 2nd Release

Is there a way to modify the text-size only ? (a bit too small for me :/)

Also the resized gear is missing 2 things. The description of the selected object (sometimes it is useful), and the gear isn't very well placed (hiding by a part of the text area when people talks).

@Shadow_Spyder thanks for that - it works very well with all the other truemods as well - I LOVE IT!

Suggest this or similar become an alternative standard option though in the normal TrueMods package.

NP man glad I could help. I played far to long wanting my veteran cross hairs for the realism, but not being able to see who was who on the battle field caused so many headaches it wasn't even funny. Once discovering that, it quickly became a new must have.

I agree that gear menu should have descriptions because from there you can check what ammo fit for weapon(important for addon weapons) and its also nice to read specs of your weapon in dull moments. Is there any way i could use old gear menu?

Other than that, im lovin it.

inlove.gif

little suggestion. Change the text colour when magazines are empty from black to something wigh light colour. When the background on screen is black you don't see written anything in the left top corner.

I would like to see the TrueRangeAI mod being updated.

After playing it for weeks I must say it's good but too aggressive. Some missions are almost unplayable because the AI spots the player too early. Engaging from far is good but spotting is frustrating. In particula when during night mission i get spotted from 600m in the dark while crawiling through bushes (yes I'm using DurgsVegetationFix).

You should tone down the spotting distance at night. And only officers with high skills and night vision googles should be able to spot someone from let's say 300 - 500 m.

I would like to report a something I had a little trouble with last day. Firstly, I can not imagine playing ArmA without trueview enabled anymore. It's such an enhancement it's ridiculous. At any rate, I was driving a bmp2 the other day from a turned out position. The turned out view is fixed forward, rather than panning slightly into corners, and seems to be too high in elevation (as opposed to altitude). It's disorientating because you can't see the nose of the bmp as you're driving, can't see the road close to the vehicle, and can't see into turns. Playing from turned out drivers views, actually, they seem to have a higher zoom than your default for soldiers.

I hope you find my experience valuable.

Are you using the newest released or the old “TrueViewâ€? It could be just a bug if your using the old. If your using the newer version(s), you have to press “optics†all/sometimes when you turnout to be able to move your head around. For some reason, your default view is fixed from the start compared to driving/flying where you have freedom starting, but can fix/lock your view when you press “opticsâ€.

Let me know if that was your issue.

WarWolf @ Dec. 29 2007,12:26)]Reason why some servers have not removed crosshairs is because the friendly tags also disappear.

Hoped that the crosshair mod here might've given a viable option, but when the veteran mod is used in cadet mode then the friendly tags still vanish.

Would it be possible to do a version that allows friendly tags while disabling the crosshair?

I personally don’t like that, but I’ll consider an option later on. For now just continue to use the ATOW’s version below that Shadow_Spyder posted.

I agree that gear menu should have descriptions because from there you can check what ammo fit for weapon(important for addon weapons) and its also nice to read specs of your weapon in dull moments. Is there any way i could use old gear menu?

Other than that, im lovin it.

inlove.gif

I haven’t looked into creating a dialog for the gear menu yet. I would love for you to press a small button to get “info†and maybe a longer list of “items†while still keeping the gear menu small and compact. I’ll look into this at some later point.

little suggestion. Change the text colour when magazines are empty from black to something wigh light colour. When the background on screen is black you don't see written anything in the left top corner.

You are actually the second one to mention that. It doesn’t bother me at all and it doesn’t seem to bother anyone else, but I’ll consider changing it back to red or another color. I’ll decide that later.

I would like to see the TrueRangeAI mod being updated.

After playing it for weeks I must say it's good but too aggressive. Some missions are almost unplayable because the AI spots the player too early. Engaging from far is good but spotting is frustrating. In particula when during night mission i get spotted from 600m in the dark while crawiling through bushes (yes I'm using DurgsVegetationFix).

You should tone down the spotting distance at night. And only officers with high skills and night vision googles should be able to spot someone from let's say 300 - 500 m.

Once again, sorry for the late update, but yes, TrueRangeAI will be updated “soonâ€.

It’s a complete rewrite, so most/all the frustration will cease (as far as bugs go and other tweaks). It will probably play dramatically different from the very first beta. There were tons of issues with that first version that were all happily resolved. Also, a few major bugs recently were resolved thanks to internal testing with ShackTac. Thanks to dslyecxi for that opportunity.

- For the people that still use the old version, I sympathize with you. There is probably tons of frustration when playing with it. I can’t imagine going back and using the very first version. If you have dealt with this version for this long, I guess a little longer wait can’t hurt, but that’s up to you.

- For those that put this mod aside, just wait a little longer and you will have a new/full/hopefully bug free/far superior version.

<span style='color:red'>*To give you guys “somethingâ€, here is a short video I made showing off the air aspect from an on-ground perspective. Even though it’s about a month old, it will still apply to the v1.0 release. This is hopefully one of many videos to come.</span>

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>TrueRangeAI - Air Destruction (Opfor POV).wmv</span></span>

I'm very happy to see this mod updated soon! (in particular TrueRangeAI)

May I add one little suggestion more: How about adding a sound when switching on the NVG's? I admit I don't know if this is realistic but a lot of games have that switch-on-sound when turning on NVG's. (i.e. Delta Force BHD, Splinter Cell).

The NVG optics are great. One question: Is is realistic that the light objects and lights are getting blurred when looked at through NVG's? Can you add this effects to it?

I remember it was added by Kegetys in his DXDLL addon for OFP.

Is there a newer beta version of TrueRangeAI availible?

Hey this is a great mod, just a question, I love the ingameUI layout but I can't be without my ammo counter information. Could you please consider a version with ammo counter, then it would be a keeper for me in MP. smile_o.gif

Hi tank you for this outstanding works.

I have some request / question:

Is possible to make a wide friendly version ?

I see black band on the side images ( of course also in the original bis loading images ) but I ask u if is possible to use files paa not 1024x1024 but wide size 1680x1050 or in other way to make Wide Friendly version smile_o.gif

Also in the Editor I see black side bands, can be config resolved this small issue?

It would be nice to have configuration option to enable / disable ammo and damage counter.

Tank u

Rubber

Yea... Im not so sure this is compatible with the 1.09b patch, you can read about it in the 1.09b troubleshooting thread...

Quote[/b] ]@TrueView Folder, the 'dta/bin.pbo' is what is causing the problem...

Any news on a new update? : )

@Ateryu82,

I'm really not sure at this point.

==============================

@Rubberkite,

I don't think there is anything I can do about making a widescreen version, since default arma apparently doesn't fully use widescreen in loading screens and the mission editor. Plus, the screenshots I took/take are 4:3, since I don't own a widescreen monitor.

=======================

Yea... Im not so sure this is compatible with the 1.09b patch, you can read about it in the 1.09b troubleshooting thread...
Quote[/b] ]@TrueView Folder, the 'dta/bin.pbo' is what is causing the problem...

Any news on a new update? : )

"TrueMods" works entirely with 1.09b. "TrueView" does not. From my first post in this thread - (In red) "PLEASE delete all old TrueView and TrueMods and use only this new release. Thank you."

DO NOT use TrueView. TrueView was replaced by TrueFov-Original. It's the same as TrueView, but updated and does not use the bin.pbo (It's just addon form).

Now your good to go.

============================

Any update? Any news? Huh, Huh?!?!

Not quite yet. Once the final patch 1.09 is released and everything is made compatible, you'll see the release. I still have some work to do and so very little free time to do it, so the wait for the patch gives me some time.

I hope you'll revert on the ammocounter not visible. Its not realistic/immersive to not have a clue if you've got 15 rounds or 1 round left in the mag.

Been using the "true range" for a while now, ( Stuffed up a few SP missions I made crazy_o.gif ) but worked my around them and can't play the game without it. Looking forward to the rest.

cheers dude.

alext223.

Oh, & to andersson, are there bullet counters on modern rifles?

Ummmmm, Ahhhhhhh......

No, but it takes very little time to check how much you have in the mag in RL.

Right now in the game I have no clue at all, I can have 5 mags and no idea if I have in total 5 or 50 bullets.. In real life, with some weapons, you can also feel if its fully loaded or if the mag is almost empty. Right now in game there is no way to know, unless I have counted every shot and keept track of all my mags...

So no, its not realistic with an ammo counter. But its also not realistic to not know.

No, but it takes very little time to check how much you have in the mag in RL.

Right now in the game I have no clue at all, I can have 5 mags and no idea if I have in total 5 or 50 bullets.. In real life, with some weapons, you can also feel if its fully loaded or if the mag is almost empty. Right now in game there is no way to know, unless I have counted every shot and keept track of all my mags...

So no, its not realistic with an ammo counter. But its also not realistic to not know.

The best solution would be something that said something like 'Full/Half full/Almost empty/Empty', but in case that isnt possible then i prefer no counter over an exact counter.

Wow, I didnt realize I had an old version, Thank you lol

Edit: Oh.. I had the newest version, I just forgot to delete the dta folder whistle.gif

haha

rg7621 thank u a lot for the answer,

the wide screen seem to be an ArmA lacks, I ask u if u can tell us how to configure your script to enable disable ammo counter and damage progress bar, it's also nice to setup, speed indicator in cars, and other vehicles.

so u can make happy both side pro indicator.. and cons smile_o.gif

good work smile_o.gif

Well, an idea that I have to solve the ammo counter problem is:

Just have it turn on in the gear screen. Easy. ( I hope. )

How to do it, I can't say, thats up to rg7621. ( Mate. Really like your work. Makes SP a bitch to play! biggrin_o.gif Just need an idea so I can go to work with the editor. )

@ andersson: Dude, you are right Thats why I think the gear screen would be the beat place for it. Still takes you time.

is there anything big you have planned for your next release after that patch comes out? XD

Well, taking out your clip and quickly checking how many rounds you have left can be done in seconds. Some rifles even have holes in the back of the ammo clips so you can see how many rounds you have left, not to mention rifles with transparent clips.

For me the disadvantage during multiplayer far outweighs the advantage of realism (if you can call it an advantage)

I enjoyed the new ingame layout but as soon as I realized it removed the ammo counter the mod went into the bin...

Why not make 2 versions and let people decide which they prefer...