Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

ServerSide Scripting

Hello.

i wonder if someone knows more about the server side scripting.

(http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_Side_Scripting)

Since we have Signed and Unsigned addons, it would be nice to notify the players about it.

in the server.cfg you can put this :

verifySignatures=1; // check signatures

onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)";

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";

what i wonder is, can we do :

onUnsignedData = "(_this select 0) globalchat """download signed addon from x.com""" ";

The scripting language shares the core (overall structure and syntax, arithmetic operations, control structures) with the scripting used in the game.

if this is so, i wonder if we can execute a seperate script on the "onUserConnected" handler.

You can't use globalchat since globalchat is a local effect only.

It'd only be visible on the server.

It shares the "core", but it does not share the execution environment (VM you may call it, if you like) with the game. It does not have many commands which need access to this environment. Currently the only thing you can really do here (except calculations, ifs, fors and alikes) is to kick, ban, or request checking individual files.

We will consider adding some more functionality (like the global chat) for future updates / products.

And easy with banning Jerry, people may have modified files AND not be cheaters, believe it or not smile_o.gif  I for example have a modified weapons.pbo, but it's because i'm using Victor Farbau's sound replacement. I know there are many cheaters out there, but you won't stop them by banning innocent people.

It shares the "core", but it does not share the execution environment (VM you may call it, if you like) with the game. It does not have many commands which need access to this environment. Currently the only thing you can really do here (except calculations, ifs, fors and alikes) is to kick, ban, or request checking individual files.

We will consider adding some more functionality (like the global chat) for future updates / products.

I'm not sure if globalchat will be useful if you're going to kick the player, since they wouldn't see the message. I think it would be good to kick them, but still send them a custom message that they clock ok to close. That way you can tell them where to get signatures and signed addons to play on the server. That would be a welcome feature IMO.

Thanks for the clarification Suma!

it would be nice if that serverscripting part, could do some normal scripting functions.

this would open tons of possibilities:)

Apparantly not.

Don't forget to use RegularCheck = {} if you run Evolution, else it will kick people for timing out (due to red chain).

Quote[/b] ]Don't forget to use RegularCheck = {} if you run Evolution, else it will kick people for timing out (due to red chain).

regularcheck ?? what exactly does it do? never used before..can it be used for time-outs due to sign verification?

I've turned on "verifySignatures" on my server, but the problem is, that very often players (including me) are kicked because of "Signature check timed out", when they start the game at the first time and loading up other resources.

Is it possible to somehow increase this timeout time? This is very annoying drawback!

If it is possible, I want an answer from BIS on this issue, please (do you know about this and will you change anything in future versions?).

I've turned on "verifySignatures" on my server, but the problem is, that very often players (including me) are kicked because of "Signature check timed out", when they start the game at the first time and loading up other resources.

Is it possible to somehow increase this timeout time? This is very annoying drawback!

If it is possible, I want an answer from BIS on this issue, please (do you know about this and will you change anything in future versions?).

its still broke ATM, fixed in 1.09 patch coming soon

regularcheck ?? what exactly does it do? never used before..can it be used for time-outs due to sign verification?

The regularcheck is automatically a part of signature checking, it checks *something* every so often during the game, possibly just the signatures again. The default behaviour is that it is enabled - but unfortunately due to the severe lag seen on evolution it will kick people for signature check timed out (as the person above said).

To still have the checking enabled when people join and not have them kicked for timeouts after they join, you just ignore the regularcheck by using the syntax I gave.