xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

I've left the shilkas as the only form of AA defense against mando air support - they perform remarkably well against most attacks with exception of SADARM equipped bombers.

It you activate Mando Missile in the mission, Shilkas would have little chances against normal gunships attacks as the choppers would be using mando missiles for AG attacks too. Also Shilkas would never intercept any cruise missile in case you enable this option.

Well, nothing like an unfair advantage to big up the little guys on low population servers.

Attacking 3 shilkas, 2 T72's and a supporting handful of BMP2s, BRDMs and armed UAZ's is just a non starter with 2 guys armed only with M136's and the odd javelin round.

This way at least we get to see the whites of a few eyes before we get blatted.

As I learn more about domination's scripts and mando's addons, I'll add in a few SAM(ando) sites in the enemy spawn arrays to tilt it back the other way...

@mando

little help with chaning the type of heli for CA missions for GUER side. I've got this in my init.sqf:

mando_support_left_ca_GUER = 2; //Number of Attack Helis available

publicVariable "mando_support_left_ca_GUER";

mando_airsupport_type = "AH1W"; //Defines attack helis as cobra gunships

publicvariable "mando_airsupport_type";

but I still get AH6 support...how can I change this?

Nevermind - found the problem - should be mando_airsupport_type_ca....

turok I am also working on a version of this with mando missiles have you got ai controlled sams to spawn at the target points? I would love to know how to do this - not just placed sams but spawned mando sams. I can place them in the ediotr and get them to work but I want them at each new target.

I have mine working with cruise missile support its great when you do a saturation attack on the target you can go in with just a few men and pick the locations of shilkas etc for the cruise missiles- great fun.

I have also made versions with uavs in the no addon version I have a camel os the Uav (not the humped kind) , but i have an addon version that uses emsi's predator.

Literally just got cruise missile support up and running.

As for SAM launchers using mando missiles...dunno yet...

Just looking through the mando missile attacker folder for readymade units. Then I'm gonna dig through the enemy spawn scripts and add the mando units to the spawn arrays...

think that's how to do it... help.gif

What happens with the saturation attacks btw - I haven't landed one yet.

Also @mando:

How can I prevent a CAS mission from removing one of my available support plane limit if there are no targets in the area?

yeah - I get that a lot, people seem to think my nick implies I'm a turkish male...very odd.

It's actually from the original Turok game waaaaaaay back on the N64. The GMT is just for timezone.

Yes my apologies for butchering your username. It was typed in a hurry before work!

No probs.

@colligpip

I think the answer lies somewhere in the x_createguardpatrolgroups.sqf.

Need to find a way of getting any shilkas generated (or any other unit type for that matter) to execute one of mando's autoSAM scripts. Little help here xeno/mando?

EDIT: Thanks for the PM mando

Also, I'm running a test server for the rest of tonight (Thurs 12th June)

IP = 66.249.70.164

Server Name = Please Join! Test Server

no addons needed, please jump in and see what you think of my domination edit so far

What happens with the saturation attacks btw - I haven't landed one yet.

Also @mando:

How can I prevent a CAS mission from removing one of my available support plane limit if there are no targets in the area?

Cruise missile saturation attacks is the most powerful console weapon by far. It works like a CAS, the area is scanned automatically (satellite?) and vehicles and ships are targetted, then the cruise missile launcher fires two missiles per target in sequence. This mission is intended to penetrate dense anti-missile defenses. Cruise missile saturation missions might pretty well umbalance any mission, so if you plan to allow them, enable a single one and with a big delay between reloads.

About your second question, use a reconnaissance mission first to detect enemies, then launch the CAS missions if enemies have been detected.

I can place them in the ediotr and get them to work but I want them at each new target.

Just the very same as with the editor. In the editor you give a name to the unit, and then you use that variable as first argument of the sam script. when you create a vehicle you have a local variable for that vehicle and you can use it just as in the previous case.

OK, following a fantastic help session from mando last night (thanks once again mando!wink_o.gif, mando missiles and bombbs are now fuly implemented - including mando SAM's spawning at both main targets and side missions with a 20% probability that any particular shilka will be equipped for missile defense as well as regular AA.

The next thing I'm considering is depboing the predator UAV addon to make it the recon aircraft type - but I'm reluctant to do this for reasons of permissions and also don't want to be reliant on folks having downloaded an addon.

My idea is to edit mandobombs to check for the presence of certain enhancing addons and use them if they are there, reverting to default arma units if they are not present.

Test server will be up again tonight I suspect and definitely over most of saturday (IP to follow) for anyone that's been following this thread and wants to muck in.

No addons will be necessary, just bear in mind that server isn't dedicated so might be a little laggy.

@xeno - once I've got domination tweaked to my liking, do you have any permission issues about me releasing it (with full kudos entitlement to both yourself and mando for your fine work, naturally)

3.02 issues:

I do not get side mission completed messages when hosting. I can complete the mission, and be assigned a new one but never see a message saying that the first one was completed. Clients in the mission will see the messages, I will not. I do get the bonus vehicles, but I don't see the message telling me what I've got, I just see it sitting there when I go back to the main base.

Also Tuesday night I was hosting, a friend joined and we worked on the main mission (Eponia) for a couple of hours and finally defeated everything/everyone. He saw a message saying we'd completed the mission, I did not. In my map there was still a red dot over Eponia, in his it wasn't. We got a flag pole at Eponia, he got the parajump option at it, I got nothing. Next main target was Paraiso, he got notification of it I did not. His map showed Paraiso under a red dot, mine still showed Eponia.

And I can not call airdrops. I can call them but nothing ever arrives, I've seen clients successfully call ammo drops. I can call artillery though with no problem.

Quote[/b] ] just bear in mind that server isn't dedicated so might be a little laggy.

@TurokGMT

You can borrow my 20 slot Dedicated if ya want to give it a proper try out..... pm me    welcome.gif

I do not get side mission completed messages when hosting.

I wrote that allready a few pages before...

Hosting doesn't work. You need to run Domination on a dedicated server.

Xeno

@xeno

would I be right in thinking that it would only be the contents of x_playerfuncs and x_serverfuncs that need messing with to enable hosting support, or would the whole mission need to re-designed from scratch?

@spliff - thanks for the offer, once the initial testing is over, I'll pm you to hand over the mission pbo

ok...server going up for the night (friday 13th 16.30 GMT)

IP: 78.151.142.151

server name : Join me! Test Server.

I do not get side mission completed messages when hosting.

I wrote that allready a few pages before...

Hosting doesn't work. You need to run Domination on a dedicated server.

Xeno

OK, sorry. I came late to this party and I've not read every word of this thread.

...ok...first shakedown session completed - thanks spliff for the help

need to get my dedicated server problem sorted first as a priority - think it's a router problem, tried looking on portforward.com, but no joy...

known bugs:

1. I've edited version 3.0 of domination, not 3.02, so the RACS respawn problem is still present - might transfer code ideas to WEST version of 3.02

2. when a player dies, they are losing the air console action on respawn - I've seen a fix for a similar problem on the forums, so should be an easy fix...

3. UH60 W not able to lift wrecks, we think it might have been a FF issue though as it did work before I died and some german dude showed up on the server and started wasting folks using my heli's MG...*sigh...

4. gonna increase wreck repair radius - it's very fiddly to drop it off just right...while I'm at it I'll increase the heli and vehicle repair areas too.

ok, second shakedown period begins in earnest!

managed to sort out dedicated server woes, server will be up all weekend (Sat 14th June)

IP : 78.151.142.15 - remote connect to it if it doesn't show in server list

server name : TurokGMT Test server

domination with bells, whistles and a huge pair of balls awaits you!

TurokGMT

Ok, first beta of Domination is ready for public release and feedback.

I've emailed a copy to spliff and mando will shortly have current build (although he spends most of his time scripting new ideas rather than playing wink_o.gif )

Can anyone host the file for me?

After upboing the mission and adapting it for mando missiles I must say congrats _Xeno_, havent played the mission but for sure you have a really nice piece of coding there smile_o.gif

After upboing the mission and adapting it for mando missiles I must say congrats _Xeno_, havent played the mission but for sure you have a really nice piece of coding there smile_o.gif

Thank you... smile_o.gif

Xeno

@xeno - couple of bugs:

1. Severe; when I test 3.02 from the editor, teleport actions are not reattached to MHQ when it is respawned. If this is also during multiplayer, I'd say there is a sever problem here smile_o.gif

2. Minimal; Your yellow MHQ vehicle markers gets overwritten to green by the colors defined in revive_sqf\marker_color.sqf.

3. Medium; During online play, one server allowed me to turn on the player markers. However, simply setting this variable in the init.sqf, doesn't make the button appear on the status screen.

Request: If you choose to include the airsupport thingy, please make it very easy to disable. I'm actually not very keen on that idea, takes all the fun and work out I think. Unless it could be included as a reward for sidemission or something, and only one strike. Only RESCUE operators should be able to make this call.

1. Severe; when I test 3.02 from the editor, teleport actions are not reattached to MHQ when it is respawned. If this is also during multiplayer, I'd say there is a sever problem here smile_o.gif

As I'm using publicVariable eventhandler to attach the actions it simply doesn't work in the editor when the MHQ respawns (when the scripts respawns the MHQ the server sends a variable with the new vehicle and a publicVariable eventhandler will add the actions on the clients)

2. Minimal; Your yellow MHQ vehicle markers gets overwritten to green by the colors defined in revive_sqf\marker_color.sqf.

Ah ok, I'm honest, I haven't tested the revive versions yet smile_o.gif

3. Medium; During online play, one server allowed me to turn on the player markers. However, simply setting this variable in the init.sqf, doesn't make the button appear on the status screen.

Ok, have to check that again.

Request: If you choose to include the airsupport thingy, please make it very easy to disable...

I'm not going to add it smile_o.gif

Xeno

@Carlgustaffa

The only difference between xeno's classic original version and mine is the air support option. No need to disable, just start a different map!

If I get any real interest in my version, I'll see about recoding it to a simple optional variable in init/sqf to enable/disable air support, although I'm sure xeno or mando could both code it much better!

Please please please let me know what you guys think about my edition and run ANY version of domination on your servers because at the very least it can only draw larger crowds in to the domination phenomenon!

two quick questions for you.

1. How do I get different ai units in the game. Which script generates them.

2. What is the difference between domination and Evolution.

thanks for the info.