Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.2.00

My favourite skinpack by far already, and with the new additions... wow! I can't wait until I get my new computer and can kick my resolution up on those lovely textures!

Glad to hear you like it, hey mate you maybe wanna help us a little with further development?

Namely scripting and such?

Well, to ease the workload - sure. But I'm fairly new to all this, so I probably can't do any advanced stuff like the coding for animations and so. But if you think still I can help, feel free to PM details.

I've sat up half night to write replacement configs for a visual upgrade to my beloved ArmA.

I thought that the rest of you might want one too (that doesn't use the configurations of the RHS weapons since it can't be used on public MP servers), so I thought I'd be kind enough to provide a link! yay.gif

Download here!

I've replaced the AK-74 rifles with AKS-74p versions, the PK with the Pecheneg, the RHS versions of the SVD and Makarovs, and the AKS-74U is replaced with the AKMS.

And of course, I've tossed in the VDV skins.

Right, thats maybe the best idea, use the weaps but also BIS values, i like the idea.

I've sat up half night to write replacement configs for a visual upgrade to my beloved ArmA.

I thought that the rest of you might want one too (that doesn't use the configurations of the RHS weapons since it can't be used on public MP servers), so I thought I'd be kind enough to provide a link! yay.gif

Download here!

I've replaced the AK-74 rifles with AKS-74p versions, the PK with the Pecheneg, the RHS versions of the SVD and Makarovs, and the AKS-74U is replaced with the AKMS.

lol finally i asked for something just like this in v1 but they were like well if u dont use our values then its pointless and just visual...

Download here!

lol finally i asked for something just like this in v1 but they were like well if u dont use our values then its pointless and just visual...

Opinions sometimes change mate and if thats the only possible option for the MP players then be it. xmas_o.gif

A minor bug, I dont think its been raised so far. With the default weapons, you cant cary a Machinegun (eg. PKM, MAG) and an Anti-tank weapon. but in your pack it seems to be possible to carry a PKM or Pecheneg and an RPG or AT4. Its not that big an issue, but for the sake of realism you should rectify it for the next version.

That is wanted as i dotn see why you couldnt carry a PKM and a type of RPG with you, at least the 22s are pretty light.

A minor bug, I dont think its been raised so far. With the default weapons, you cant cary a Machinegun (eg. PKM, MAG) and an Anti-tank weapon. but in your pack it seems to be possible to carry a PKM or Pecheneg and an RPG or AT4. Its not that big an issue, but for the sake of realism you should rectify it for the next version.

Hmm are you sure you cant carry a mg and a launcher with the default weapons,im pretty sure you can you know,using the addweapon command etc.....im sure i have done that as i was thinking to myself,well if i can carry a m249 and a m136,why cant i carry a m24 and a m4 or whatever... sad_o.gif

Anyways ill shut up now hehe,GREAT addon by the way guys,Top Notch as usual notworthy.gif

All the best

Dan

Well, one can always put in several configs in the next release for different preferences when it comes to replacement (replace stock skins on soldiers and weapons / replace stock skins and replace weapons with RHS ones ).

And as for carrying both a machinegun and RPG... In our Swedish elite forces it is pretty much standard that as good as everyone in a team carry an AT-4, and that includes the automatic rifleman that has his M249 Para (KSP-90 in Swedish terms). Of course these guys has top notch physique, but then again in ArmA you don't do missions that require you to be on foot for five days, which means standard infantry could carry that stuff too.

What's standard now by BIS is simply a balance issue.

I'd imagine it'd be possible, especially with the RPG-22 being a pre-loaded one shot thing. Although I wouldn't recommend carrying a reloadable one as MG mags take up a lot of room.

Things I'd like to see/a bug:

- Belt on the PK + Pecheneg is disappearing very weirdly. Might want to recheck the animations for the next version.

- Would also be good to see whether it's possible to get the top of the PK + Pecheneg to open while reloading, ala SwissMod MG style.

Just a little thing I realized with your SILENCED-Rifle-Ammo.

e.g. the AS VAL ...

they have a TYPICALSPEED-Parameter

somehow the "slow" speed of the silenced ammo (arround 300, ?combined withe the HIT-Parameter? I think ... because it won't happen with pistols), those rifles show a VERY HUGE impact effect on the ground ... much bigger than any other rifle ... when increasing the speed to 700 or something it is gone.

I have no idea what causes this effect ... but it looks strange smile_o.gif

Regards benus

well any news about the specz? when they will be released ?

About VSS/Val and its ammo: it has way too much power. I tested it in the target range mission, and i was able to kill a soldier at 1 km with just 1 bullet. It's hard to imagine hitting and killing a man from 1 km with subsonic ammo. I depbo'ed the RHS_Mag file and looked at the config. Turns out initSpeed for 9x39 magazines is set to 650 m/s instead of 290 m/s according to open sources. So here is another fix, Shadow  smile_o.gif

Edit:

I investigated VSS further and found another little thing. VSS (and Val) was given an incredibly small dispersion value of 0.0002 radians which we should divide by 2 to get the real value (0.0001 radians) (NonWonderDog discovered this Arma peculiarity when making his mod). 0.0001 radians roughly equals 0.34 MOA or about 1cm/100 meters. The sources i found suggest 12cm dispersion at 100 meters. Thus the dispersion value must be (from my calculations) 12 times higher amounting to 0.00240. AS Val value should be slightly higher since it's not using special sniper ammo.

After i modified the configs VSS became what it was supposed to be: a silenced sniper rifle with maximum effective range of 300-400 meters. Hope this helps  smile_o.gif

Please let's not start up this "update/when is the release" thing again. I really hesitated to write this since I don't usually like to tell others what they should do nor read it from others. Out of respect for these guys and all they've done for us, let's all back off from asking.

It seemed to become a pain to Shadow NX & others and i'd imagine it got on their nerves last time. We know this group will not release anything until they're satisfied with the outcome. Since they create some of the best AddOns we see, the last thing the community should want is to piss someone off.

I apologize to all for a post like this but it should be said, in my opinion at least. Let's give them their space and time and just eagerly wait for them to update us as the group sees fit. I'd love to know what's going on too but it's probably best to back off.

Sorry to be an ass.

I dont think another lecture is going to get the people who ask for release dates to stop. If they were smarter, they wouldnt do it in the first place. wink_o.gif

Wow, that was not what I was getting at. I could care less whether my "lecture" gets them to stop or not, that wasn't the point. I simply wanted to point out that it became apparent, to me at least, that some of the guys working their asses off on V2 were getting very frustrated with that question. Since I have no idea what peoples intentions were/are, or to what exact they even read all the posts, I figured it wouldn't hurt to make a plea fairly early.

I'm smart enough to realize I ain't gonna get anyone to do anything on this forum. If people read that and still want to ask, that's on them.

Lastly, To be honest I could careless If people don't think it will help. I made my plea and Out of respect/reverence to Shadow, Skaven & company I felt like saying something, just once. I'd imagine most people whom ask do so out of excitement and not due to lack of intelligence

If it's already possible to import stuff from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (at least RobertHammer was able to obtain one model of RPG-7) then it won't be too hard to find some good models of Abakan & Groza, as well as SVD-Y... But don't you think that AEK971 will be a better option than Abakan? Hardly any recoil, even when firing full-auto!