Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

ArmA's Box Displays Fast Roping.

I went down to the best buy around here and saw the armed assault box. I opened it up and I was confused when I saw the UH60 fast roping units... because as we all know, there is no default "fast rope" option in the game. (Unless of course, I'm the only person who didn't notice)

Perhaps, in time, with mods yes. But... doesn't that constitute towards false advertising? Just wondering tounge2.gif

Sry, I don't have a picture, also sorry if this has been brought up in the past. I didn't see any mention of it.

(pulls out arma box.)

hmm i see a soldier in a doorway on what appears a chopper and another below him, looking like hes getting in. Chopper is on the ground as their is a M1A1 and grass behind them and another UH-60 Flying above.

conclusion wheres this fast rope picture?

Perhaps you... have a different box. The box at the best buy in Greenfield Wisconsin clearly has two soldiers fast roping out of a UH60.

Also I never said the front box art. It was the second "page" of the box. It can be opened up via Velcro, and there is more information regarding the game inside.

you have a Velcro box? (looks at 505 standard DVD box and pulls a face, piece of crap).

i want one of those boxes. dam atari!

Nothing new in the game industry. What can you expect with people like Atari doing shit with this game?

They also edited several pics to make buildings that wern't enterable have soldiers hanging on the windows with RPG's and stuff.

Developers tend to have little say on what goes on their box art, that's normally down to the publishers. Big publishers like Atari have a habbit of doing things with images to make them look more impressive or bending the reality somewhat. The "bend" here is that the game is capable of doing it, just not from the box so to speak. Evil Atatri! Often they use old images on boxes too that have different things than the release version that's actually on the disc, so maybe it was an early screenshot of something that didnt quite make it into the game in time for release? Look at the HL2 box. It has the OICW clearly shown on the back of the box, but it's nowhere to be seen ingame!

US - Combat Operations cover is differnt to other european covers.

I have the German one which has a box with velcrow sticky bit on it, and screenshots on the box part. Not forgetting the game inside.

Anyone remember the box for BF2? It has a screenshot of the back of it with an old shot of the original UH-60 with the FFAR pods on it.

Anyone remember the box for BF2? It has a screenshot of the back of it with an old shot of the original UH-60 with the FFAR pods on it.

and it had an apache on the cover...

He said on the back, the of was a typo and he is correct, the bottom most image on the back of the box shows the UH-60 with miniguns but also the FFAR pods mounted on it.

Whats more amusing about the inside of the Atari CO version box is look at the UH-60 rotors, notice something kinda....odd?

Back in the days even the Resistance cover was a little edited cause they added soem poor lookign fire effects to a Mi-17s rocket pods and somethign else i cant remember atm.

Also a great example was C&C Tiberian Sun with the pictures of huge light posts that give lights tot he base or the strong shining tiberium fields... ingame i didnt find any of these huge lights and if you harvested the tiberium the glow effect didnt go away even if no tiberum was left tounge2.gif

My Atari box has the fast roping, it's on the inside covers.

The odd thing is...they are not repelling, it's more like free falling down a pole, hands and feet are hanging on.

If no one else gets a picture, I will after work this eve.

And there is the image!!

atari_box.jpg

Whiners should be redirected to : Atari!

they're absolute pro's in 'pimping' game covers in this way....

yay.gif

Atari really are awesome at false advertising! They'd even make EA proud! Looks like they did a google on ArmA then put the images they found together. That Blackhawk looks comical too. I feel sorry for BIS, they take the flack for that cock up.

My Atari box has the fast roping, it's on the inside covers.

The odd thing is...they are not repelling, it's more like free falling down a pole, hands and feet are hanging on.

If no one else gets a picture, I will after work this eve.

That would be how fast-roping works.

Yeah, woodland soldiers that were from OFP:E, falling from a UH-60 on a pole while the rotors aren't even turning so we have a magical helicopter on strings. It truly is a no brainer in todays society, you do not judge a book by its cover, or in this case a game.

Doing a quick search on 'fastroping' just in this forum I got 2 already existing threads with exactly the same issue and even exactly the same box picture.

1st thread

2nd thread

Why we now need to have a 3rd discussion about this. Why starting the same ranting threads over and over again?

Like already said, complain at the publisher which is responsible for package design.

Closing.