Sign in to follow this  
Ghost_Zulu

NVIDIA 163.67 BETA

No as vista sux at the moment.... XP is still the best gaming OS...

thats not much help to you... confused_o.gif

edit: try them yourself and if they don't run as well... rollback

Gunna be testing these out for XP.

This is contained in the release notes.

Quote[/b] ]Improved performance of the graphics memory manager on Geforce 8 series GPUs runnnig DirectX 9 applications in single-GPU and NVIDIA SLI configurations

These improvements solve cases of reported performance slowdowns in some 3D applications with high graphics settings and resolutions.

I can only hope these will help with some of our memory problems with ArmA.....

2x 8800gtx sli @ 2560x1600x32 30" display

Win XP SP2

Fog still there, frame rates down by 10 frames from my normal 30-38 fps.

Flawless install, no crash while playing.

My verdict, my earlier drivers were a bit better.

Game settings are view distance 2.5k. The rest very high, low post processing.

Tried them, still memory crash .

But it felt like there was worse performance in ArmA for me too, so I went back.

Tried them, still memory crash .

But it felt like there was worse performance in ArmA for me too, so I went back.

"Still memory crash", did you install the special hotfix for memory management under Vista as described in another Vista thread on these forums? http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=67027

Also, the crash still happens on XP as such -maxmem=512 is needed in some cases, but on vista it must be about 256, because of the problem which gets resolved by the mentioned hotfix.

Also even more fixes for Vista that might improve stability and performance: http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows_vista_hotfixes.html

After the Vista-32 Service Pack, and installing the above hotfix, and patching to 1.8, (and a "fiddle" with the Nvidia Control Panel to customise the graphics options for Arma) I found that the game had stablised completely, for the first time since 1.4. No CTD's, dodgy graphical glitches or lag.

Huzzar!

Installed these drivers, arma still not running...

Noticed that it run about 10% slower in the opengl benchmark (fur rendering) and 2% faster in 3dmark06 and some slows downs that i was getting on bioshock is now over.

Thats all tests i did.

Installed yesterday; and just like 163.44[major improvement for me] smooth and stable operation on my setup for several hours of play.

These drivers fixed all my ArmA related video problems, finally. No more texture loss, low rez models close up and no more issues with night vision and ground textures flickering.

I played for more than 3 hours today without a single issue:

BFG 8800GTS 640 MB

Windows XP 32 Bit

Conroe E6600 Dual Core 2.4

Got it myself, and everything seems to run fine, however I've got a weird issue with with the mouse pointer flickering.

On the desktop/normal use its fine, but go into Arma or COH, and the pointer flickers. wow_o.gif however in game the other thing's like the aiming recticle are all fine. huh.gif

Can anyone help me with this?

==EDIT==

Ignore me forgot to set my nivida card to max settings. icon_rolleyes.gifgoodnight.gif