Sign in to follow this  
thestiguy

Arma Multiplayer in the USA

hey guys im new here i finally found a store that has ARMA in the U.S and i was wondering if alot of people play multiplayer because thats the main reason i would buy the game so let me know if people still play it online before i buy it 2marrow

Welcome to the forums. People play it. In fact, check out the multiplayer forums- which would have been a better place for this thread. The mods are very strict here. I suggest getting acquainted with the search function.

at any given time? bout 800 to 1200 and on a good day/ night bout 1500plus

I run a server one day the traffic was over 1100 people

I live in the US, I was just playing for hours altho i hardly play MP.

Many servers with lots of people. Mostly Evolution mission.

I normally only play Karillions RTS server when I play MP.

His server was down for a while it seems

Honestly I would only buy the game if you had a friend to play it with - for reasons that will become apparent to you after your fine purchase. Also it would help to take a look at this wonderful guide endorsed by the CEO of BI.

Good luck, and I hope to see you on the battlefield!

*EDIT* Oh and I would definitely check out the Tactical Gamer servers - they're really top notch guys.

Owens why would u say that? im a mature gamer meaning i wouldent cuss/hack/cheat be immature in the servers

Owens why would u say that? im a mature gamer meaning i wouldent cuss/hack/cheat be immature in the servers

I'm sorry I think you misinterpreted what I said - why would I say what?

I never stated that you are immature, friend. confused_o.gif

lol i didnt mean u were saying it to me i asked why would u say that whats the expirence u had

also i had one more question if a server is using a mod does it still let u play on the server? or will it automaticlly download so you can play also

You'll get an error box that gives the mod files you have missing, just take a print screen or something or note them down and then head over to http://www.armedassault.info/ and search for them. They're not automatically downloaded as it'd mean using a hell of a lot of bandwidth to send them to everyone, and servers use a huge ammount as it is because of the complex nature of the game.

at any given time? bout 800 to 1200 and on a good day/ night bout 1500plus

I run a server one day the traffic was over 1100 people

I have never seen that many people on. crazy_o.gif

Its seem to be only 150 people at most with all filters off.

We had 77 people playing on the IC Battle last saturday. And also I'm sure there is 800 if you count all those lost souls playing Evolution tounge2.gif