Sign in to follow this  
HulkingUnicorn

Music player - HULK_OggPlayer

The answer on how to do that is on first site, post by ricki.

er. ok. first site?, what the hell are you talking about?. dont you mean the FIRST PAGE!?.

Nerd.

@ Thingamajig

I had originally planned on not writing in this thread anymore, but I can see this is really frustrating you and I wished to help. Essentially the entire game's music structure is made up of one giant cfgMusic entry very similiar to the one seen in description.ext files for mission editors. What you need to do in order to get your custom music to work is create a music addon. Here's a simple visualization of the concept...

(ArmA official music) + (CfgMusic addons) = (Newly generated track list with custom music)

Personally, I have not ever made a music addon before, but I imagine it's not all that difficult. You'd need a config.cpp and all your songs encoded in ogg vorbis format.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgPatches

{

class PersonalMusic

{

units = {};

weapons = {};

requiredVersion = 0.100000;

requiredAddons = {};

};

};

class CfgMusic

{

class CTrack1

{

name = "Track 1 Name";

sound = {"\directoryInAddon\track1.ogg", 1.0, 1.0}; // First 1.0 is db rating. Raise to raise volume, etc. Second is pitch.

};

class CTrack2

{

name = "Track 2 Name";

sound = {"\directoryInAddon\track2.ogg", 1.0, 1.0};

};

};

Should look something like that. Good luck!

- dRb

The answer on how to do that is on first site, post by ricki.

er. ok. first site?, what the hell are you talking about?. dont you mean the FIRST PAGE!?.

Nerd.

rofl.gif i hope your not serious. anyone would've been confused by that comment. enless english isn't your first languange, there was no reason for that.

Have you ever heard of G.I.G.O?, if not; you should look it up. its unfortunate, and strange, that so many ArmA mod makers (and players) are not familiar with it. because even newbies to computers quickly learn to adapt to it and make a bit more effort to ensure what they type is correct....

This game really isn't very noob friendly, is it?.

@ DrBobCat

Thanks alot for your help and patience. its appreciated. however ive decided i'll go elsewhere for help. i'll take what ive learned from here to help me piece together the puzzle.

Thingamajig

If you want to insult someones english work with yours firstly.

I can't speak english as good as I can because most of guys here just won't understand me. I know that you are nervous and new here, but don't take everything to heart... Someday you will grow up and understand.

About your faggotness post. Don't you know the meaning of site?

Well let's have a look in dictionary.

Site - (Net) A place on the internet where a company, an organisation, people, etc. puts informations.

Page - (Net) Section on internet of data or informations that can be shown on computer screen at any one time.

There's notice that page is often used as a site, the most in American English.

Cheers,

Vultar

PS I love to show noobs that I am right.

Thingamajig

If you want to insult someones english work with yours firstly.

I can't speak english as good as I can because most of guys here just won't understand me. I know that you are nervous and new here, but don't take everything to heart... Someday you will grow up and understand.

About your faggotness post. Don't you know the meaning of site?

Site - (Net) A place on the internet where a company, an organisation, people, etc. puts informations.

Page - (Net) Section on internet of data or informations that can be shown on computer screen at any one time.

There's notice that page is often used as a site, the most in American English.

Cheers,

Vultar

PS I love to show noobs that I am right.

wow.

not only do you call me a child, but you also call me a "faggot" (seriously, grow up, how old are you?) its clear who the child is here. surely this is bannable material?.

i'd apologize to you if i offended you, but after reading this, your not worth it, your response clearly shows your arrogance and i'd rather not inflate your ego by doing so. just because i corrected you, you couldn't handle it. (proof lies in the "i love to show noobs that i'm right" remark)

I don't think i'm a noob either, not that i'm offended by this term, as its thrown about alot (usually by noobs, ironically biggrin_o.gif) but i should point out that i used to spend alot of time on Operation Flashpoint, and become a fan of it and its mods (Especially CTI). when i got a copy of ArmA (and till BI finally fixed the Vista64+4GB bug) i needed my memory refreshing. i was warned NOT to come here, to the official forums, because of people like yourself. but i ignored them and did so anyway.

If your going to behave like an asshole, go to hell. why am i not surprised your not banned yet?. don't BI have any sense of decency?. or is this behavior just a very rare occurance for you?.

Oh, technically speaking, each page is a site, but the word "site" is a broader term and not usually used in that context; compared to page. need i also remind you that its reffered to as a page on this damn site?. i think your just confused.

Quote[/b] ]

*in the*. you prat.  biggrin_o.gif

And if my judgement on your character is correct, i expect you to have a heart attack after reading this. followed by meaningless cussing and whatnot in my general direction - but i'm usually not very good at these things...but practice makes perfect. (there is no sarcasm there, honestly! )

Vultar

Just because you spammed your way up to above 200 posts in no time doesn't mean you can treat someone asking a question like shit.

You are the one who is missing some manors here........

Quote[/b] ]

I love to show noobs that I am right.

Yeah you rule for kicking down someone who dares to ask a question.........you really own noobs dont you?

I don't have to say "in the dirctionary" because I have more than one and I havent mentioned about it before.

Well... to say the truth, I can't go to hell, cause I'm already there. ^^

Banning? Yeah! For sure, how about that, admins have now eye on you? Saying that bullshit shows that you haven't even read the rules... poor you confused_o.gif

Hey, I screw on your biography, don't you think so? For me you are just one of the others^^

@El nino Foxhound

I have spammed? No, why? Because I helped many people here? I can advise many things, belive me wink_o.gif

Spam is not more than 5 posts...

Also you forgot to read begining. So why you joined our conversation?

I don't have to say "in the dirctionary" because I have more than one and I havent mentioned about it before.

Well... to say the truth, I can't go to hell, cause I'm already there. ^^

Banning? Yeah! For sure, how about that, admins have now eye on you? Saying that bullshit shows that you haven't even read the rules... poor you  confused_o.gif

Hey, I screw on your biography, don't you think so? For me you are just one of others^^

@El nino Foxhound

I have spammed? No, why? Because I helped many people here? I can advise many things, belive me wink_o.gif

Spam is not more than 5 posts...

Also you forgot to read begining. So why you joined our conversation?

well, it appears as though i was wrong, i really thought you'd be the type to start "sajfasjklvn jkkl kjashdfkl " on the keyboard!.

Your english is definitely broken, you gotta admit that. i have a feeling this is personal for you so with that in mind i'm sorry for being so hard on you. at the time i wrote it i was very frustrated.

Anyway, i'm off.

Yeah I'm off too.

Anyway was nice to argue with you^^

My player works with the betapatches, I've tried it myself wink_o.gif

Not sure what exactly the problem is, Thingamajig. It plays any music files defined in cfgMusic (like explained above) except titles in the (probably optional, can't remember at the moment) ignore list.

Queens Gambit tunes are defined in cfgMusic, and should as such be playable with my player without you needing to extract them and repack them, but if you wish to do so, you can use a program called unRap (iirc it's by kegetys) to change bin to cpp.

Once you have a folder with some tunes in ogg format and a cpp file with the classes (already explained earlier in this thread), use a pbo tool to make a pbo file out of the folder.

i just want to add my own songs!!! all these posts are so confusing, can someone please give me a step-by-step guide on how to add your own songs... sad_o.gif

Major @ April 18 2008,14:18)]i just want to add my own songs!!! all these posts are so confusing, can someone please give me a step-by-step guide on how to add your own songs... sad_o.gif

Did you read the post by ricki about halfway down on the first page of this thread?

thats all well and good but it still asumes i know what im doing. i mean where is CFGpatches?? how do i un-pbo a file? do i even need to? things like that. its all very complicated for ppl who havent done it before.

ok heres where im at. i have the @HULK_OggPlayer folder in my usual place in my ArmA folder. i have made a folder called 'musicbox' inside the addOns section of that folder to hold my OGG sound files. now what do i need to have written in my Cpp file to correctly connect it to the addon folder?

I'm not sure how to explain, but I'll try wink_o.gif

- Create a normal text file

- Rename it to config.cpp (you know you've done it correctly if a warning pops up when you do it, otherwise make sure that common file extentions are displayed)

- Paste the stuff in the code block in rickis post

- note this section:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class myTrack1

{

name = "name1";

sound[] = {"\MusicBox\one.ogg", 1.0, 1.0};

};

class = unique identifier

name = song title

sound[] = path to the song and some volume setting (just leave those at 1)

- copy and paste up so many of these class sections as you have tunes

- make sure each class is unique; feel free to put crazy numbers in addition to a sensible name tounge2.gif

- the name section isn't integral, but it makes you able to distinguish between songs in the player

- make sure the path is 100% correct

- doublecheck everything

- turn the folder into a pbo file (go to this site and download the tools package(one of the tools will install itself into your right click menu upon being started, right click the folder and select the "create pbo" choice))

Good luck wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class myTrack1

{

name = "name1";

sound[] = {"\MusicBox\one.ogg", 1.0, 1.0};

};

class = unique identifier

name = song title

sound[] = path to the song and some volume setting (just leave those at 1)

- copy and paste up so many of these class sections as you have tunes

- make sure each class is unique; feel free to put crazy numbers in addition to a sensible name tounge2.gif

- the name section isn't integral, but it makes you able to distinguish between songs in the player

- make sure the path is 100% correct

- doublecheck everything

Note that the only "name" which can have spaces is the

name= "XXX" line,

The

class myTrack1 cant be written as my Track 1 ,

my_Track_1 would work

Same applies for the filename of the .ogg file, no spaces allowed, well, [i]you could use spaces[/i] but you would never get to hear the track ingame.

Great Toy Hulk, thanks much.

P.S. Any chance of having a repeat, or shuffle feature in the future so I dont have to keep hitting "Play music" in the middle of a firefight? biggrin_o.gif

P.S. Any chance of having a repeat, or shuffle feature in the future so I dont have to keep hitting "Play music" in the middle of a firefight?   biggrin_o.gif

I've been thinking about doing something like that actually, but I'm not sure if what I have in mind will work or when I'll get enough time to work on it.

Such a feature might be a bit unstable if the mission plays music as well, but it's something I'll tinker with - just don't expect it anytime soon wink_o.gif

Is anybody having a problem with this and the new 1.14 patch? I just dwnlded it and have been trying to get it to work, and it keeps telling me that the ingore list is not found. the player works but no tracks are ever displayed. I have it in its own mod folder with the EEH files and my custom tracks pbo and the ignore list.

Sure you got the correct name and structure for the folder? It is hardcoded to ArmA\@HULK_OggPlayer\Addons\*files* if I remember correctly.

Now, if only we could stream it in the game.... you could listen to online radio smile_o.gif

dude, does sahrani Radio even EXIST anymore?? lol

sry for not replying sooner, thx that did the trick, didnt have the mod folder named right.

by the way great addon

If I wanted to change the player image around a bit, is there an easy way to adjust the buttons? Like a program that will help align the buttons with the image and the volume slider?

Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of; notepad and patience for the win wink_o.gif

Thats what I though! Thanks.

Also, I have noticed that the Play Music doesn't appear all the time when getting into vehicles.

Playing with SLX mod. I used the new Ipod skin and the Play Music action completely vanished.... the normal version before was working. Even with SLX...whats happening ?? huh.gif