Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

Hi Tbird, hi folks!

I have a big problem and I hope someone can help me.

The game with ffur-slx 2007 2.0 mod work very well and now I have installed 2.5 patch. The download and the install of the patch work without errors but when the game start I have a CTD with the dos little black windows "press a key...".

I have tried to deinstall the patch but all the game doesn't work more (the ffur mod and the normal operation flashpoint resistence). I must deinstall all the game and install it again to work.

Why I have this problem?

I wait your solution and sorry for my english

The patch's installer is not properly done since it does not search for OFP's regkey but it does directly set a 'defined subdirectory' to install the content.

I guess you didn't install the patch in the right folder, check out the folder where you're installing the patch because the defined folder is called 'Operation Flashpoint' instead of 'OperationFlashpoint', since there are several versions of OFP.

regards,

TB

Hi all!

I have some weird problems with the sfp and bas mod.

I don´t have any ammo for the automatic cannon in Btr-T , lvkv 90 , strf 905056 , strf 9040b and strf 9040c .

I have ammo to the missile launcher.

I have a problem. I installed the Mod, and all seems normal, but when I click the Resistance Exe, I appear in the normal game with no mods. If I enter the new @Ffur2007 folder and click the LAunch the mod, a DOS screen appears and it closes after a while, but I can't enter the modded game.

I need to do something like add text lines to the game exe or something?? If yes please tell me how step by step I never entered text lines with exit before

Thank's a lot!!

Right click the destop OFP shortcut.

Go on whatever tab has a box labaled "Target"

It should read simler to:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"

Add (right at the end, after the last quotation mark (")): -mod=@ffsx2007

So it will look somethign like:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@ffsx2007

Are you ever going to work on Arma? Because Arma is in desperate need of an AI overhaul.

liljb15,

Thunderbird's going to be too busy working for those of us who haven't purchased ArmaA yet. Uh, isn't that right Thunderbird? biggrin_o.gif

Honestly, with all of the complaints that I've read regarding ArmA, I'm not intending on buying that game till some kind of major community based upgrades are released. The demo convinced me not to buy the game, because as you stated, the AI was abysmal, and to me it takes a lot more than pretty graphics to make a game that's worth buying.

I still can't believe that BIS didn't make AI that were capable of strafing or leaning.

But back on topic...

Please stay with us as long as you can Thunderbird! OFP won't be the same without you, that's for certain!

smile_o.gif

Oh, could you add US Army 3rd Infantry Division patches to the left arms of the regular ACU and old US Army BDU units? The units in the original BIS OFP are 3ID. They are subdued patches BTW.

I don't recall that being mentioned anywhere in the game... huh.gif

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]I don´t have any ammo for the automatic cannon in Btr-T , lvkv 90 , strf 905056 , strf 9040b and strf 9040c .

These classes seem to be derived from BIS ammo/weapons classes that have been modified for mod purpose.

The best way to resolve this issue is to edit the FFUR config.cpp file by getting BIS values back (cfgammo and cfgweapons) but that would cause some trouble to the rest of FFUR vehicles munitions.

It is up to you, sorry but there is nothing I can do to figure out that in safety way.

Quote[/b] ]Are you ever going to work on Arma? Because Arma is in desperate need of an AI overhaul.

In my judgement, there are actually already enough of skilled Addon makers and scriptors completely devoted to Armed Assault while OFP which is slightly superior in some aspects should deserve more attention, even being almost 7 years old. :]

Quote[/b] ]Regular US Marine units wear NO flags.

As for Force Recon, I think they wear subdued flags. Same for US Army Green Berets/Special Forces.

US Marines DO NOT wear flags on their MCCUUs (BDUs). EVER.

And the second one, a little mistake is that the left ACU's are missing the closed IR cover tabs. (shown below)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9d/Acu_ir_closed.jpg

There are missing the pouches on the ACUs, near the shins.

Thanks for the relevant information.

Quote[/b] ]Oh, could you add US Army 3rd Infantry Division patches to the left arms of the regular ACU and old US Army BDU units? The units in the original BIS OFP are 3ID. They are subdued patches BTW.

Sure for the patches issue.

Though, I can't guarantee the implementation of the IOTV since it would depend on the time and availability.

Thank you all for the nice words,

Regards,

TB

The patch's installer is not properly done since it does not search for OFP's regkey but it does directly set a 'defined subdirectory' to install the content.

I guess you didn't install the patch in the right folder, check out the folder where you're installing the patch because the defined folder is called 'Operation Flashpoint' instead of 'OperationFlashpoint', since there are several versions of OFP.

regards,

TB

Hi Tbird,

I have resolved the problem: the install folder was right, I have found a problem with dxdll. Without it the game work very well (the patch 2.5 is wonderful!!!wink_o.gif, with it the game try to start and after a second of black screen (before the written FFUR TEAM ....) crash to desktop. I don't know if it is a problem of dxdll or is another problem, perhaps ATI TRAY TOOL that I have as soon as installed?

Thank you very much for your great job and I wait your new patch.

Hi,

I am just wondering can I install 2.5 as standalone or do i have to install 2.0 then 2.5 ?

Also thunderbird does FFUR-SLX use the M1A2 SEP 3.1 or 3.0 ? and will you be including the Kornet in a possible future release ?

Thunderbird once again I thank you for this great addon and the MI-28 works with 2.5 wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have resolved the problem: the install folder was right, I have found a problem with dxdll. Without it the game work very well (the patch 2.5 is wonderful!!!

Glad you figured it out.

Quote[/b] ]I am just wondering can I install 2.5 as standalone or do i have to install 2.0 then 2.5 ?

The patch requires the full pack to work properly, well just read the instructions, I think they are pretty clear. ;]

regards,

TB

Thunderbird I have other mods with BIN folders how do I make the FFUR take priority ? also what version of SLX is in FFUR SLX 2.5 ?

Change the order of the mods in the shortcut file, so lets say your shortcut looks like this -

"C:\.......FlashpointResistance.exe -nosplash -nomap -mod=Modx, FFUR, ModY"

Change it to

"C:\.......FlashpointResistance.exe -nosplash -nomap -mod=FFUR, ModX, ModY"

The mod first listed is the one that is loaded first.

Thank you but a quick question when OFP RESISTANCE loads with FFUR in the main menu is the music supposed to be the army march or is it another one because I am getting a gloomy sounding music and I loved the FFUR army march.

The FFUR menu song hasen't been changed since the first FFUR SLX 1.0 release.

Feel free to modifie the menu's song as you wish, though.

Just get a look at anims.pbo/intro.intro.

regards,

TB

Btw what is that song in the menu of ffur? Sounds great.

It's the theme tune from a TV show called 'The Unit' I believe.

Indeed.

Before you start, I would like to point out that the easiest way to replace the song by yours is to unpbo the 'ffur_music' folder.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ffur_music\main.ogg

Make sure that your song file will be in .ogg format/Stereo/44000 KHZ, Sound editing tools usually set these values by default but make sure to check them out in order to avoid to get any trouble in-game.

regards,

TB

Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary time to write a long tutorial with helpful screenshots, well better send me your song file (mail/pm) and I will do the necessary changes to include it to FFUR.

regards,

TB

Well its not my song thunderbird its the song that is included with ffur 2.0/2.5 it just wont play it plays another gloomy song.

How come nobody experienced such problems until now?

In my opinion, this bug is not related to the mod, have you reinstalled it? correctly installed the patch file?

Checked out your hardware?

regards,

TB