Sign in to follow this  
19KiLo

19k Total Immersion Pack

I have a similar package on my disk, with mods tweaked to my likings, but it's for my own use.

You give the creators of these mods credit, that's a start, but did you inform them of your initiative ? And, did they give their agreement for this ?

Let's say you wanted to contribute, which shows your goodwill. Otherwise, your mod seems well organized, (as compared to my own wink_o.gif ).

Malick

Well, this is the reason I really didn't want to release anything. I'm not trying to steal others hard work and release it under the guise of my own. I've given as much credit for the included work of others as I know how. I've seen others post problems with using different mods together, so I made an easy to use package of the most popular.

There really is a huge grey area in regards to what is intellectual property of game modifiers. The only legally copyrighted material I've seen in any modification for Arma is the use of music in the XAM mod. I'm sure they don't have permission to use the music from these artists. Isn't that re-packaging others property without permission?

At any rate, I'm not here to offend others, or use something they made against their wills. If any of the authors of any material used wish me to remove this pack from public use, please send me an email and I will do so happily.

My goal was only to let others enjoy what i feel is a great Arma experience.

-Kilo

I understand what and why you did this.

It's not so much about intellectual property, but it's about politeness. You won't get sued fo using FDF sounds or XAM radio, or whatever. But you might make them angry at you for a misunderstanding, and in the same time, make a bad reputation with ArmA/OFP/BIS community.

I'll advise you to hold this pack until you have all clearance from the creators of the mods you used. Otherwise, you might get a locked thread and a reject from the community...

Malick

Thanks for the insight Malick, I'm sure you're right in this matter sir. I removed the links above.

It's probably more prudent to separate out my original work and release them as stand-alones.

-KiLo

No problem.

I hope you'll be able to get all clearance and re-release it soon. Take this time to improve it a bit further wink_o.gif

Malick

good decision 19KiLo and i hope you will continue your work!

get the permission from the original creators and separate your

changes from the stuff you integrate.

smile_o.gif

Excluding the permissions issue, the addons selection is well chosen, the mod is pretty well done, very stable and the scripts compilation is well established.

That's really a nice start, keep up the nice work, indeed.

regards,

TB

Personally, I am REALLY REALLY happy about this mod. While I was happy the XAM mod was made, I had some issues with some stuff in their mod that I didn't like (not to mention I didn't understand everything in French). The thing I liked most was all the radio sounds. What I would recommend is possibly seeing if the ECP mod from OFP (with all the excellent voice and radio sounds) will give you permission to port their sounds over to ArmA. They may really appreciate you doing that so I think it would be worth asking them. If not, hopefully the XAM mod will let you use their stuff.

Keep up the good work and I hope that you will also greatly expand your own personal work as well.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ] What I would recommend is possibly seeing if the ECP mod from OFP (with all the excellent voice and radio sounds) will give you permission to port their sounds over to ArmA. They may really appreciate you doing that so I think it would be worth asking them. If not, hopefully the XAM mod will let you use their stuff.

As far as i know ECP code is free to alter with proper credit given.

However you better ask the peeps over at OFPEC. I guess they

should know better.

Same for XAM. Ask them nicely and i think you'll have a good

chance of success. smile_o.gif

Where can I get the Tank Smoke Generator Script? I would like to use in a mission.

Where can I get the Tank Smoke Generator Script? I would like to use in a mission.

Ask the Greek Chaps from the Hellenic War Mod. They have a Leopard that has that capability.

Thanks Manzilla, but it is embedded in thier core addon. I was looking for something quick to use.