Sign in to follow this  
cackle

Arma Chicago Servers Closign

Arma Chicago Servers will be closing at end of August, due to lack of interest and tool support..

Can't edit a game with no tools, something promised long ago by BOH and yet not delivered, probably because

a) waiting for release of expansion and/or

b) just being lied too

(took em 2 months just to get registered on this board so i could post lol)

Whatever the case, the game has lost interest quickly with no new islands and I  am not interested in dumping another grand for 3 months of server time hoping the tools will be available..

Thanks to all who played. Cya in Crisis or Conan!!!!

3 great servers with 24/7 uptime customer support

and 100 player teamspeak

12ms ping to me....

Arma Chicago is not interested in oversold networks with crappy servers hosting way more than 1 game per server and bad support thanks though

Price dont bother me, Arma does

Cackle, BIS have already said the tools will be released be QG is released, this will all happen in 3-4 weeks time.

BTW what you pay in 3 months pays for 2 years for our server.

Point was they promised to release tools after game, not expansion and its true the player levels are slowly dropping. Soon we will be at the stage of the end of OFP. It will just be dedicated clans with players.. wink_o.gif

Cackle, BIS have already said the tools will be released be QG is released, this will all happen in 3-4 weeks time.

Nobody dependable said that!

Yeah, it's a pity really...

If they release the tools 10 seconds after this post, it would'nt matter, I have not had any interest in booting up lately and fully know I have lost all interest of mission making / island building... The international version thought they would bring success to the community, it just saturated a poorly built community and broke apart all the good public servers by offering more choice with crappy online interface.

We use to have 50 people on 24/7 now its like 2-10 a day on 3 servers. All regulars also must be bored as they are not even seen anymore..

Game has nothing there to keep myself motivated anymore. And I am a guy who will crawl across the brush for 2 hours to get my kill and move out heheh.

I won't be sharing in the experience of the expansion.. for many reasons, from development, to even one that includes this game just destroys my eyes due to its bland graphics or something and just constantly squinting to find enemies the size of a pixel, as any closer they will kill me.

Everything is controlled by publisher, developer can't even talk... I have to give up, I now stop buying games by Sierra/Atari etc who can't give a rats ass about anything but a bottom line and have no money in the first place for development... Unfortuantely developers are at their mercy so they bow to their BS ethics and standards... I'm old enough now where my decisions are based on ethics. Unfortunately, there always a new batch of kids there to keep buying their crap and letting em get away with this busienss model.

CAN YOU TELL I AM BITTER..

As a hardcore gamer, I have to pass harsh judgement and as well forfill my needs. And after bombing the shit out of that island and knowing every inch, and enjoyed all the camping spots... Enough is enough and it's time to move on to bigger and better things..

GET RID OF PUBLISHERS

THEY DO NOTHING FOR THE INDUSTRY

THEY SIMPLY CONTACT 2 FRIGGAN WHOLESALERS IN THE USA

TO DUMP OFF THE BOXES AND MAKE A CHEESEY WEBSITE

THEY NEVER EVER UPDATE OR CARE ABOUT ACT LIKE THEY ARE SOME SORT OF MARKETING GENIUSES. THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN SUGAR DADDIES KNOWN TO PROSTITUTE DEVELOPERS.

DEVELOPERS NEED TO TAKE OUT A FRIGGAN LOAN AND MAKE A GAME RIGHT FOR A CHANGE. HIRE 2-3 GUYS TO HANDLE THIS LOAD AND REAP 100% OF THE PROFITS..

CHANGE THE FORMAT OF GAMES. NO MORE 1 MONTH SHELF LIFE WONDERS. MAKE A TITLE AND STAND BY IT. CREATE A GAME, PATCH A GAME CONTINUE ADDING TO A GAME AND CHARGE FOR VERSION UPGRADES AND CONTENT PACKS LIKE THEY DO OPERATING SYSTEMS AND OFFICE SUITES. UNTIL THIS IS CHANGED, GAMES WILL REMAIN WORTHLESS.

Take a look at World In Conflict, the next big Sierra Dud.. Sure it will sell, all the icing on the cake is there to fool you. The developers did a great job with the interface... the key to any game's success starts there.. then as you check it out in entirety, you can tell it's rushed to high heaven, as there is nothing there, its like a game you will be sick of in 3 days...

Too late, you already paid... After the game hits the shelf, the phone will ring and all production will cease as Sierra will say, funding is cut. But you have 2 forfill your 2 patches and have a nice life.. Thanks for the million.

What a joke

seems to me that most of the people that moan are newcomers to the ArmA Community.

Reasons your server fails to attract players ?

1/ no proper admin coverage resulting in being overrun by cheats and idiots.

2/ Missions that no one wants to play.

I have been following BIS produts since the start OFP - VBS1 - ArmA and i know from the past that BIS are trying there best to fix the problems and resolve issues, Yes its slow and yes they said they would release the tools but you guyz need to learn patients.

BIS are a small company that almost went under making ArmA and was forced to release ArmA Earlier than expected, For me this was godsend because if they didnt release it early we prolly wouldnt have ArmA now and BIS would of been gone too.

I love what BIS are doing there ideas of this game gave gaming a different perspective and no other game has come close to it, I enjoy it and look forward to more products in the future.

my 2 cents and no im not creeping for a freebies :P

@Sepp if this isnt official then what is > NEWS Release of tools by maruk

Maybe it's just the language barrier but where does this news say that

Quote[/b] ]...the tools will be released be QG is released, this will all happen in 3-4 weeks time.
?

Maybe it's just the language barrier but where does this news say that

Quote[/b] ]...the tools will be released be QG is released, this will all happen in 3-4 weeks time.
?

Just call it a Hunch or a rumor going around wink_o.gif

But it does state the release of the tools soon.

Well it said in the 'coming weeks' on July 2nd, its now August 13th.

Typo of 'weeks'? should me 'months'

Well it said in the 'coming weeks' on July 2nd, its now August 13th.

Typo of 'weeks'? should me 'months'

and it also states testing and approval for release, these things take time.

TBH BIS are not to blame for servers closing - lack of players - or anti cheat programs.

Hint : Stop blaming others for your misfortune.

I agree with Junker, OFP/ArmA has changed my life in alot of ways. I will always support BIS. If we loose someone cause they have no patients then oh well.

I do agree with skipping publishers but BIS may not have the time or money to play that part.

On Topic: You can do just about anything with the old tools. Just start your projects with the old tools and maybe they will be easy to port over to o2.

The tool they released was the texview

thats all they released in "THE COMING WEEKS"

thats all you are going to see.. I can catch the hints. I can and am moving on, you can play your whiner card all you want.. means nothing.. It's my decision.. I moved on... have fun

Nobody is happy at the release dates, I agree with that

Can't totally blame Bis (or whoever is working on releasing the tools)

The period of time that the game has been out, the community hasn't been overly active at making a mess of missions either.We are all slow lately

The period of time that the game has been out, the community hasn't been overly active at making a mess of missions either.We are all slow lately

Sounds a bit like the "What was there first, egg or hen"? wink_o.gif

One can debate whether there was more activity when the linux server and all tools were shipped the early the game was.

But the other way around? wow_o.gif

Lets hope zap. Would be nice if they were able to get stuff out with it rather than just another camp and island. With the news of another project by Bis at the game convention I hope they get this one going a little better. Other wise the next will have lost the community behind them before it is even released.

I would think a week after Queens Gambit and they will release.

Queens Gambit will have been made with the tools, so if that's being sold from what the tools have made then they can't be far off now.

They won't want lots of content being made before the release else people won't buy it. The community wants more content, and Queens Gambit is our nearest option to this. Therefore we are most likely going to to buy it. If the tools are released earlier, then addons will be made and we won't want new content as we now have it.. free!