Sign in to follow this  
goodguyswearblack9

M16A4 questions

I haven't seen anything about this on the forums before considering the laser on the M16A4. I've asked several people online if it was usable or not. I haven't gotten an answer. Why would BI put it on the gun if you can't use it. I'm sure we could have alot of fun with lasers on night missions. Also, I've seen 20 round Stanag mags in a crate online before. I didn't have the time to equip one and test it, but wanted to know if they are anywhere in the SP game.

P.S. Does anybody know yet if the 4 hidden guns ( .45 Colt, Saiga, Bizon, and XM8) will be added in Queen's Gambit?

Thanks!

The 20 round magazines are made for Mk.12 SPR, but can be used also in all variants of M4's, M16's and SAW.

Dunno about the guns, thought.

Heh, I always use 30 rnd mags in the SPR. Is there actually any reason not to?

I also think it is funny when 20 round mags still look like 30s when used in an M16/M4.

Try loading a 30 rnd box magazine into the SAW and see how

funny that looks! rofl.gif

[*] In game you can use ironsights and nod's together.

[*] There is a crosshair that kinda defeats the purpose.

And at night (if playing vs a.i.) i'd rather call airstrykes since the a.i. "sees" perfectly in the dark, im not getting anywhere near 500 meters of them if i can.

whistle.gif .

I have no idea about hidden weapons, just 2 unfinished animal models.

I'm confused. Why would you ever take a 20round Stanag mag when you could have a 30round one? (i.e. what' the point of the 20 round mags?)

I don't notice any graphical change when I use a different magazine for a weapon.

I tink they put it in so they wont get the realism complains.

You know, the spr uses a 20rnd mag why isnt it in the game.

Kinda like that.

You'll find lots of pictures of SPRs with curved magazines, although newer versions of the 20rnd magazine also comes with a curve. I imagine a smaller magazine provides more room to move, when the shooter is prone.

The difference also lies in the ammunition, the SPR uses a heavier 77 grain bullit for better performance and accuracy. It would have been nice if there were a different types of ammunition for the M4SPR and standart M4 carbine in ArmA. All ingame variants use the same B_556x45_Ball round. But accuracy is probably already determined in the game by the weapon's stats instead.

I prefere the 20rnd magazines in ArmA, simply because the model uses it.

I think Special Forces use the heavier bullets with their M4s too. And Im pretty sure that Ammo determines accuracy (if things are the same as they were in OFP, and my memory of OFP's system is correct tounge2.gif ) Different bullet types could be modded in, as could an alternative model for the SPR that uses 30 round mags.

I would really like the laser range finder becomes functional, would help a lot acquiring distance to target.

Yeah a LRF would be awesome. Not only for soldiers, you could use such a device on all sorts of vehicles.

Then again a flashlight and a laser on the weapons would be awesome. But I would settle for a frontgrip placed 3/4 back towards the mag. So not in the middle, but nearer to the mag.

Maybee a mag pouch on the stock of the weapon for show...

And how about a Eotech scope! smile_o.gif

Then again a flashlight and a laser on the weapons would be awesome. But I would settle for a frontgrip placed 3/4 back towards the mag. So not in the middle, but nearer to the mag.

Flashlights would be even better than lasers for night missions!

Flashlights would be even better than lasers for night missions!

I think flashlights is a indoor CQC thing and there're far better games like SWAT for indoors room cleaning type of missions. It would be suicide to use one outside in the open in an unfriednly AO.

... there're far better games like SWAT for indoors room cleaning type of missions. ...

"room cleaning"? That'd be SWIFFER, not SWAT    rofl.gif