Sign in to follow this  
sparky

HAC-HWM upcoming Release.

Dear all,

The time has come for us to abide by the principles of the ArmA community, and present to you a small sample of our WIP.

Though we intended to release a fully developed Hellenic Warfare Mod, including all addons, missions, campaign, island, we decided to benefit from the community's collective wisdom and feedback, putting at your disposal our working addons. It is our belief that constructive criticism will help us improve existing and deploy future projects in the best possible way.

In short, we will be releasing our first addons by the end of August. In the meantime, we would like to aquaint you with our work by presenting these videos. We will be updating this visual stream with artistic and tech videos, until the release of the actual addons.

Keep note that, this is a work in progress and probably by the time of release some of the features may have change.

mg3.jpg

MG3 Video

g3.jpg

H&KG3 Series Video

SOME BASIC ANALYSIS

The mg3 video is presenting a realistic way for soldiers to carry and fire the mg3. The weapon is deployable everywhere the player needs. It has a simple animation (current version), also a magazine counter for better realism.

The HKG3's video is presenting our current work in our weapons pack, the weapons are fully animated. In this point we're trying to create more weapons for our addon pack, so probably by the time of the release we should have ready 2 more weapons.

m113a1.jpg

High Quality Version (Downloadable)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/mmstudios/personal/extra/m113a1.wmv

YouTube Version

the 2nd video it's a result of the useful feedback we get from the community.

The 1st video is a presentation of our upcoming Leopard1A4 and it's features.

leocamo.jpg

Leopard1A4 High Quality

YouTube Versions

Please continue providing as with your feedback and constractive critism in order to improve more our work where and if needed

Visit us at:

Hellenic Warfare Mod Site

Hellenic Armed Assault Community

This sounds intriguing. It'd be nice if the weapon could also be fireable LMG style (e.g. while on the move), although I can appreciate the problems this would incur.

Would it be possible to make it that way :

- a MG is useable/fireable on the move, as Cameron said, but due to the rate of fire and recoil of these weapons, this would imply a very low accuracy and uncontrollable shaking

- a simple action would "deploy" the weapon, making it fixed and giving better accuracy, low recoil and shaking

What do you think ?

Otherwise, I love the look of the man carrying the MG3 on his back. Another "cool" animation would be to have him carry it on his shoulder !

Malick

well we find the "rambo" style carrying the mg3 a bit unrealistic. so we try to found ways of using the mg3 that are more realistic, and also more tactical. Having studied a video of bundeswehr with mg3 exercise, i found 2 out of 3 ways of using that peace of beauty.

One is the way we have and the other is with 2 persons, one is holding the mg3 in his back to stabilize it and the other is the gunner. there was and the 3rd way of a guy "rambo" style but he wasn't able most of the time to fire it properly due to the heavy weight and size.

So in fact what we do is a simple switch from a weapon on the back to a static on the ground. when the soldier is switched to the static mg3, the animation of laying soldier is working as a proxy. Also the carrier of the magazines is the soldier and the mg3 static version is empty, in order to ensure that everytime the soldier deploys and undeploys the mg3, it won't uppear with unlimited ammo.

currently i'm working on an other version.

test.jpg

Do you have any plans to do the HK21, 21-E, and or G8 MG's? They are some of my favorite weapons ever produced for OFP. I'd really LOVE a scoped G8, with various magazine/feed options.

@Viper Shiva

For now we're working on one more assault riffle (FN-FAL) and as for a mg, we're planning of creating the HK11 that Greek army uses. Hopefully we will be able to include them in our 1st addon pack release, otherwise they will defenetely be in our second pack

As a member of the HAC-HWM group, I would like to point out that any vehicle we create, is not only a model, but also a demonstration of new technologies.

For example, for those who haven't seen the video yet, the ramp is of the M113 is not just eye candy. You can see and shoot any passengers inside and you can actually enter the M113 yourself walk around it and use it for cover.

Plus you can also fire from the inside and ofcourse you can be harmed.

Something that no other model has in ArmA yet.

The next model we will soon be presenting will also have new functions.

Regarding the whole mod creation, there is some sort of roadmap, including five models we are at present working on, excluding the work on our island and its objects.

The problem is that we are a bit short of personnel and not everybody has a long experience in mod making, thus is taking more time than it should.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially some honest commentary on our work so we can improve it.

Great stuff there.

Realism matters indeed.

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Will you create a greek island?

It would be awesome. yay.gif

SPARTAAAAAA!!!!!!

Sorry to dissapoint you but its not Sparta the island we're making... smile_o.gif

With these 2 videos, we are closing the presentation of our upcoming release. You can continue providing us with your feedback since it's very useful for us to improve our work. Already the 2nd video it's a result of the useful feedback we get from the community.

The 1st video is a presentation of our upcoming Leopard1A4 and it's features.

leocamo.jpg

Leopard1A4 High Quality

YouTube Versions

Ok, here is one more.

We manage to implement full destruction system into our vehicles.

Here is the 1st result, and even more.

1)Texture swapping

2)The explosion produces ruins that have geometry, fire geometry, are on fire and they stay in the field forever.

here is the video

Very nice... but i think modern main battle tanks don't explode like in action-movies. Wouldn't be better when you can add an random secondary(ammo) explosion?

2)The explosion produces ruins that have geometry, fire geometry, are on fire and they stay in the field forever. thumbs-up.gif

As a member of HWM I would like to give some clarifications regarding this new addition (full destruction system).

First of all I would like to make clear that this "texture swapping" mentioned by my teamate XSparky, has been made by the same way as used in BI vehicles (through config) and not using some scripting technique. This in my opinion is one of the major success as the result is a lag-free gaming.

As far concerning the explosion we are working in a more realistic way (effect) but we are still limited by the game engine.

More will come soon so stay tuned.

Great work. Fantastic work. I cant weat too see it on my comp. Wery good job. I m on holidey in Greace-Vrasna from 25.08. and i hope too see dis mod on my comp antill den. If not I m coming in Greace too take it. Just kidding.

Keep up the good work.

Nice effects, I like the flying debris.

But I have to agree with NoRailGunner, tanks don't explode like ammo trucks. This is a stupid issue of ArmA.

My best impression of tank hits is the one of russian OFP Liberation 1941-45 MOD>

A tank hit should not produce an explosion, but a flash, accompanied by sparks and a burst of smoke.

The chance of explosion should be much less probable, only if the the tank's ammo explodes.

Take for instance this RPG hit>

a nice addition would be to make radar invisible the tanks once covered with a net or surounded by smoke.

this way, it would not be so easy for helicopters to destroy it with missiles.

It's been released on Armaholic.com today. I just noticed it, dl'd and HOLY SHIT...... Beautiful. Congrats guys. I love it. Now replacement packs so I can use everything in place of BIS defaults in existing missions/campaigns would be kindly appreciated.